Heritage Owners Club

What do you guys think of...

Mr535

What does everyone think of an Eminence Wizard vs. an Eminence Red Fang? The Wizard is Ceramic whilst the Red Fang is Alnico, but I'm not sure what their different tonal nuances are, and I would like to know if you guys (and gals) could tell me.

Also, if you could list other good (similar) speakers and what they sound like, I would apreciate it. Please keep in mind that I am looking at these (speakers) for a 20w amp.

Thanks,

Mr535

P.S.

First Post! :huh:

What does everyone think of an Eminence Wizard vs. an Eminence Red Fang? The Wizard is Ceramic whilst the Red Fang is Alnico, but I'm not sure what their different tonal nuances are, and I would like to know if you guys (and gals) could tell me.

Also, if you could list other good (similar) speakers and what they sound like, I would apreciate it. Please keep in mind that I am looking at these (speakers) for a 20w amp.

Thanks,

Mr535

P.S.

First Post! :huh:

welcome.

have heard & played both, but not A/B. personally i love the Fang, cuz of sweetness & chime. Wiz has tighter low end and is smoother overall for cleans. both are neat speakers.

eminence has pretty accurate descriptions & often clips on their website

I don't know about the Wizard, but I have 2 Red Fangs in my Vox AC30CC2. These are the best sounding speakers I have used. They are great sounding with smooth breakup and really nice compressed sound when pushed.

Archived