Heritage Owners Club

Your Favorite Heritage....Today....

schundog

I've spent the better part of the afternoon running different guitars through a couple different amps (Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue and a Traynor YCV-40, similar amps), trying to resist temptation to drive the 40 miles to Peoria to take advantage of the 15% deal and 1 year free financing I would get on that Trans-Black 535 I talked about in another thread; Amazing how playing what I HAVE can help cure GAS!! LOL. Anyway, for the songs I was in the mood for today, some Tom Petty, Zak Brown Band, Eagles, etc, My FAVORITE Heritage guitar TODAY is my H-525 through my Deluxe Reverb. Heavenly when played clean with a little reverb, and sweet/nasty pushing the volume up a bit on the amp. Guitar/cord/amp. SOOOO, much better for this stuff than running it through my Line 6 POD XT Live processor.

So, What's your favorite Heritage (today) with Amp combination?!

At practice Tuesday for one of the two worship bands I am in, I broke out my 150 GT P-90 through my Headstrong Lil' King. A little delay, occasional tremolo, and some tasteful overdrive... I was amazed how good it sounded.

Then the other day I took "Greeny" out for a spin and compared it to my McInturff Carolina Custom. I was somewhat shocked to hear the A/B results. I love the Mac, but Greeny is just the sh!t!!!

For me it is, well "was" actually (it's now tomorrow here !),it is the Prospect. Played it for about an hour straight into a Blues Junior, totally clean no overdrive. Those Seth Lovers sure are the dbs'.

btw ...

uwp.jpg

prospect_05_w.jpg

:icon_thumright:

Sorry, Lefty, I forgot!!!

It's the one in front...

PSPIII150.jpg

How can I pick my favorite Heritage?? It would be like telling the world which of my children is my favorite...today or any day!

Yesterday, playing fat jazzy riffs and chordial melidies, the 575 was my favorite.

Last week the 150 was just singing and sustaining like it always does...no matter what amp it is plugged into.

Then today the 525 gave up tones I had never heard from it before.

I honestly cannot pick a favorite.

Oh wait, yes I can...............the one that says HERITAGE on the headstock!!:icon_thumleft:

well, heck! i thought this would be a buyin' thread, not a playin' thread but i'm flexible! i love both my 530 and 150 about the same. my next H will be another 530, this time with seth lovers. meanwhile, the recent 140 thread reminds me of what great axes they are said to be. mebbe i need to find out for myself! :drunken_smilie: eljay

High Flying Bird... You are the eloquent one.

My Lady and consistent Favorite. A 575 Mahogany

Body-Sm.jpg?t=1290826279 Sir

Coming from the Guitfiddler I will accept that as a high compliment! Perhaps you can assist me in finding the proper location for the curb-feelers.

Even if she's not today's favorite, won't you post a shot of your 157 triple lunger? I need a good shot of GAS!

...curb-feelers.

Only you, Gregg! Boy, does that take me back! To this day I can hear them tremelo-ing against the curb, which meant only one thing: my grandfather had just pulled up in the white-over-tourquoise Buick Century! Always good news! Thanks, for the memory!

<br />Only you, Gregg!  Boy, does that take me back!  To this day I can hear them tremelo-ing against the curb, which meant only one thing:  my grandfather had just pulled up in the white-over-tourquoise Buick Century!  <i>Always</i> good news!  Thanks, for the memory!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Tanks four da mammarys!?

Norelco!

Norelco!

Noelco* to you. I see you removed the spinner knobs from that beauty.

* Even our name says Merry Christmas.

I'm gonna agree with Big Bob. My H-140 sounds great through my Marshall DSL401. I usually plug my other guitars into my Blackface Fender. They don't sound so great through the Marshall but the humbuckers in the H-140 really roar through it. Even though I mostly play jazz these days, there is something very satisfying about cranking the Marshall with a Les Paul and letting it rip.

I've spent the better part of the afternoon running different guitars through a couple different amps (Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue and a Traynor YCV-40, similar amps), trying to resist temptation to drive the 40 miles to Peoria to take advantage of the 15% deal and 1 year free financing I would get on that Trans-Black 535 I talked about in another thread; Amazing how playing what I HAVE can help cure GAS!! LOL. Anyway, for the songs I was in the mood for today, some Tom Petty, Zak Brown Band, Eagles, etc, My FAVORITE Heritage guitar TODAY is my H-525 through my Deluxe Reverb. Heavenly when played clean with a little reverb, and sweet/nasty pushing the volume up a bit on the amp. Guitar/cord/amp. SOOOO, much better for this stuff than running it through my Line 6 POD XT Live processor.

So, What's your favorite Heritage (today) with Amp combination?!

Great photo. Love the block inlays in this photo.

I gotta say it's my H 535 through the Epi Jr Half Stack (oh, she's a brick . . . .HOUSE!). ; )

If Skinslammer can admit to the Peavey Bandit, I can admit to this! : )

Was learning Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba Baaad To the Bone, and the 535 really nailed it! Great tone . . . but you already knew that. I think I'm changing from a single-coil gal to a humbucker gal. George Thorogood plays and ES 125 - anyone know what the Heritage equivalent would be?

Archived