Heritage Owners Club

Speaker Sims

Mr535

Hello everyone!

I am in the market for a speaker sim, and was thinking about the H&K Red box or Red Box Pro. Since I am looking to get mostly (but not exclusively) clean tones out of this, do you think that either of these are a good bet? Does anyone have a good idea of how the two compare the each other? Lastly, if you use or would recommend something else, what is that?

In advance, thanks all.

Mr535 :icon_thumright:

What are you using speaker sims for? Direct recording? My old Boss GT5 had COSM speaker sims, mic placements, ect. Turned it all off. But, that was years ago. That technology may have improved greatly since then.

What are you using speaker sims for? Direct recording? My old Boss GT5 had COSM speaker sims, mic placements, ect. Turned it all off. But, that was years ago. That technology may have improved greatly since then.

I am looking to use it for live playing into a PA system, sorry for not mentioning that. :rolleyes_mini:

I am looking to use it for live playing into a PA system, sorry for not mentioning that. :rolleyes_mini:

Have you looked at the Tech21 stuff? They've got some pretty nice direct-to-PA gear. Not familiar with the H&K stuff you mention.

Archived