Heritage Owners Club

H535 55B?

ericsj

I have a '95 H535 that is also identified as 55B. What does the 55B mean?

Thanks for your help.

Eric

You're probably misreading the label. It probably says SSB . . . not 55B. SSB is an abbreviation for sunset sun burst. And, if you have a 535 in sunset sun burst, you NEED to post photos. We insist on photos. If you do not post photos of your sun set burst . . . we'll find you . . . and we'll hurt you!! But, all kidding aside . . .if your 535 has a color that is dark out side, then red, then yellow-ish in the center, it's a sun set burst . . .and you are one luck man!!!!

Here you go.

I've had this guitar for about 10 years and I've loved it since the first time I picked it up. I'm probably going to sell it though. Just going in a different direction.

Thanks for the quick response. That 55B, or now I know to be SSB, has always bugged me.

Eric

post-3428-087461900 1296434083_thumb.jpg

post-3428-065706400 1296434137_thumb.jpg

Here you go.

I've had this guitar for about 10 years and I've loved it since the first time I picked it up. I'm probably going to sell it though. Just going in a different direction.

Thanks for the quick response. That 55B, or now I know to be SSB, has always bugged me.

Eric

Eric: I was correct . . . (no real surprise there) . . . That's an absolutely gorgeous sun set burst 535!! koula901 . . . . are you looking at this???? This guitar has your name written all over it!!!

Eric . . . if Heritage didn't make this guitar backwards, I'd buy it in a New York minute.

Different Direction? Yea Left Handed. Left handed player get all the good deals. Wish I could play right or left. Oh hell I can't play either.

Naw. . . that hasn't been my experience. 99% of the time, if buying from a store, there's usually an upcharge. I'm not even sure Gibson will make a lefty anymore.

Eric: I was correct . . . (no real surprise there) . . . That's an absolutely gorgeous sun set burst 535!! koula901 . . . . are you looking at this???? This guitar has your name written all over it!!!

Eric . . . if Heritage didn't make this guitar backwards, I'd buy it in a New York minute.

Yes! if I didn't already have a 535, which I love, I would be all over it.

Different Direction? Yea Left Handed. Left handed player get all the good deals. Wish I could play right or left. Oh hell I can't play either.

Me either. I'm ambidextrous, can't do sh*t with either hand.

Here you go.

Eric

How do you go in a different direction from a 535? (I jest) But I'm a 535 maniac!! Nice guitar by the way..

Me either. I'm ambidextrous, can't do sh*t with either hand.

Speaking about ambidextrous, I have a little story for ya . . . (I love story tellin'!!) . . . The last gigging project I was part of, was a wedding band in 1984 or there about. (There was something very enjoyable about being on stage with an Olympic White Strat while wearing a Black tuxedo). We had a left handed lead guitarist/key board player, Lou "Bones" Baker, who had been blessed with more than one man's share of talent. Our bass player (right handed), "Boo" got real sick and couldn't make a gig. It was the 11th hour, so to speak, and we couldn't find a sub . . . even tried the local musician's union hall. Lou stopped by Boo's house, picked up his bass and played the whole night sitting down with the bass on his lap up-side-down. Lou made some mistakes, but, he did a better job covering the bass than what I did covering Lou's lead guitar parts. The drummer was the band owner. He was so impressed, he gave Boo's share of the gig to Lou. Lou stuffed Boo's portion of the pay in the case pocket before he returned the bass to Boo.

Archived