Heritage Owners Club

Little Lanilei

I recently ordered one of these lunch box sized combo amps from the Mahaffay http://www.mahaffayamps.com/index.htm. This one is for sale locally in Dallas at a bargain price:

Little Lanilei

The Lanilei 3350LT has tube preamp an power stages that provides 1/4 watt plexi voiced power. The 1/4 watt tube power stage leads to a 3rd stage solid state amp that takes it to 33 watts for those wanting to drive multiple 4/12 cabs.

I had my eyes open for one of these before putting in an order for a new one, but they were all listed at prices North of $350.

If any members from Texas are looking for an ultra portable tone monster, check it out

I recently ordered one of these lunch box sized combo amps from the Mahaffay http://www.mahaffayamps.com/index.htm. This one is for sale locally in Dallas at a bargain price:

Little Lanilei

The Lanilei 3350LT has tube preamp an power stages that provides 1/4 watt plexi voiced power. The 1/4 watt tube power stage leads to a 3rd stage solid state amp that takes it to 33 watts for those wanting to drive multiple 4/12 cabs.

I had my eyes open for one of these before putting in an order for a new one, but they were all listed at prices North of $350.

If any members from Texas are looking for an ultra portable tone monster, check it out

Cool little amp but will it really drive multiple 4x12 cabs? If so then WOW!

From all the feedback I've seen on them, it will drive at least 2.

I'm counting on it being a cool practice combo amp I can travel with, and a backup to my Blues Jr.

From all the feedback I've seen on them, it will drive at least 2.

I'm counting on it being a cool practice combo amp I can travel with, and a backup to my Blues Jr.

Just saw this thread. that is indeed a steal! I've never tried to drive two, but I have driven a 4x12 with mine. It's a cool little amp, and for your purpose, Blunote, perfect. It's a much different tone than the Fender though.

A slide guru I know, whose bread n butter is a vintage Deluxe Reverb with a Weber, and he uses a compressor at all times (think Lowell George) loves the tone that mine puts out, and uses it without a pedal. You also don't get anything like chimey cleans.

If you can, get some clips of that amp. I'd really like to hear a demo of that amp.

Assuming this is directed at me and/or Blunote...I'd love too, need some hardware.

I've got a quality condenser mic and MacBook with GarageBand.

What's a good way to use these tools to record a quality demo?

Assuming this is directed at me and/or Blunote...I'd love too, need some hardware.

Sounds better than my Blue Snowball USB Mic and Audacity Freeware...

If the condenser mic is USB, it's a simple plug n' play (I think you have to change the input option in Garage Band to see the MIC though)... if it's XLR connection and is powered, you can get one of those simple XLR to USB adapters... if not powered, you would need a power supply or an adapter that provides phantom power.

I'm using an M-Audio Firewire 410 with mine (which also does provide phantom power for condensers), running just a SM57 for now (I've been on the hunt for a good deal on a large diaphram condenser to add to the mix) - since you have a Macbook, if you need to go the adpater route, I would like for something with a firewire connection to take advantage of that port.

If the condenser mic is USB, it's a simple plug n' play (I think you have to change the input option in Garage Band to see the MIC though)... if it's XLR connection and is powered, you can get one of those simple XLR to USB adapters... if not powered, you would need a power supply or an adapter that provides phantom power.

I'm using an M-Audio Firewire 410 with mine (which also does provide phantom power for condensers), running just a SM57 for now (I've been on the hunt for a good deal on a large diaphram condenser to add to the mix) - since you have a Macbook, if you need to go the adpater route, I would like for something with a firewire connection to take advantage of that port.

XLR connection...and it's a SM86, needs phantom power.

So I need an interface with XLR input, phantom power, and preferably firewire connection, but USB will work....correct?

And as for managing the recording itself....will GarageBand do it, or is software bundled with hardware usually preferable?

XLR connection...and it's a SM86, needs phantom power.

So I need an interface with XLR input, phantom power, and preferably firewire connection, but USB will work....correct?

And as for managing the recording itself....will GarageBand do it, or is software bundled with hardware usually preferable?

GarageBand actually doesn't do a half bad job... but you might want to also check out Reaper. they give you plenty of time to use it as a trial, and it's not all that expensive if you decide to keep it.

http://www.reaper.fm/

GarageBand actually doesn't do a half bad job... but you might want to also check out Reaper. they give you plenty of time to use it as a trial, and it's not all that expensive if you decide to keep it.

http://www.reaper.fm/

Cool, and what about dropping those files into box.net (as DB did)or something similar, do these various DAW's do that pretty easily?

(I knew this day was coming, I've avoided looking into it because of the money I knew I'd wanna spend!)

Cool, and what about dropping those files into box.net (as DB did)or something similar, do these various DAW's do that pretty easily?

(I knew this day was coming, I've avoided looking into it because of the money I knew I'd wanna spend!)

I do everything through audacity which is free.

Yeah, it's really the software that does the work there - easiest is to put the recording in .MP3 format (in Garageband I think you have to export it to get it into .MP3), then just drop it into box.net, or dropbox, etc....

I have one of our IT guys that also does professional recording trying to show me some of the ropes (and boy do I still have a lot to learn) - now he has some serious recording gear!

When I start to really contemplate it all... the more and more I'd wish I had just gone out and bought one of those Olympus LS-10's like Brent uses ^_^

The band I was in used something like that through a mixing board. However, their recording methods weren't very good as there were no mic's near the amps causing the volume to increase by everyone just to be heard on the audio takes.

• 3 months later...

If you can, get some clips of that amp. I'd really like to hear a demo of that amp.

I recently picked up an MBox and loaded ProTools on my mac, so I hope to do some recording soon. In the meantime, this is a neat vid by a dude who uses it to drive a Marshall 4x12

I came across an old Peavey 212ST cab at a garage sale, dusty and dinged, but in perfect working order, loaded with Peavey Scorpions. And that, with my Lanilei as a head, has been my main rig lately. Good God this thing is loud as hell with some very cool tones. It's got it's own unique voice, I must say.

Blunote....how's it going with yours? You diggin' it?

Anyway, til I get something recorded...check this out.

With an LP

With a Strat

I recently picked up an MBox and loaded ProTools on my mac, so I hope to do some recording soon. In the meantime, this is a neat vid by a dude who uses it to drive a Marshall 4x12

I came across an old Peavey 212ST cab at a garage sale, dusty and dinged, but in perfect working order, loaded with Peavey Scorpions. And that, with my Lanilei as a head, has been my main rig lately. Good God this thing is loud as hell with some very cool tones. It's got it's own unique voice, I must say.

Blunote....how's it going with yours? You diggin' it?

Anyway, til I get something recorded...check this out.

With an LP

With a Strat

I take lessons periodically from a pretty talented musician and brought it along with me to his studio. He plugged it into a Marshall 4X12 slant cab loaded with Celestions and was quite impressed with the tone and that he could get stage volume at a 4 or 6 on the volume dial. He particularly liked how responsive it was was to pick attack.

I think he'd buy one if he had the money.

I'd record it but don't have a mic that would do it justice that would be any better than the YouTube vids already available; particularly the ones you linked to which pretty accurately captures the character of the amp live.

Archived