Heritage Owners Club

H137 - Upgrades!

garymoorefan

Hey all-Got the H137 and really like it!! I want to make some upgrades and thought I would post here for some advice. I have 2 upgrades I would like to do:

1. Intonatable Bridge-I like the tone pros stuff-AVT2-would I need the standard size locking studs or the large? Also, do you have any suggestions for other bridges (pigtail??), etc. I want to keep the action low and be able to intonate as well.

2. Locking Tuners-Again thinking Tone Pros Kluson here....I had them on my PRS and they worked great. Nothing to do really with the tuning of the guitar-I just like to make string changes easy. Also, let me know if there are any other suggestions here as well.

Thanks Everyone!!

MF

The original bridge on the H-137 was the Pigtail. I have the second one made and that's what came stock on it. My guess is they had a supply problem and that's why they stopped - but that's just a guess.

I'm not the biggest fan of locking tuners. That said, the TonePros locking tuners are ugly as sin imho. However, the standard TonePros Klusons are my favorite non-locking tuner.

I personally am a Sperzel locking tuner fan...great customer support too- as the guy who installed a set for me broke one...I had to get a single (just call Sperzel and they hooked me up)...needless to say, I install all my own sperzels now...

with locking tuners, definitely switch to ones that will use the same holes as your existing tuners if possible. Definitely helps keep the back of the headstock looking cleaner.

for the bridge, there are a bunch of different wraptail variants with adjustable intonation. You just have to choose one that looks good and is solid. the pigtails are nice but are also among the most expensive options. I also don't know whether they come with the saddles pre-slotted.

Archived