Heritage Owners Club

HOC board software upgraded

Administrator

Nobody will probably notice, but we have just endured yet another upgrade of the board software. Along with the usual bug fixes and security patches comes a slightly different look and feel. The new version also restores full support for Microsoft Internet Explorer which was semi-broken under v3.1.4.

Additionally, while we have lost the "Portal" (which I don't believe anyone but I looked at; it may come back, although doing so would be 'out of scope' for support and thus take us out of the mainstream of the software, so maybe not), we have gained a "Member Map." I know there is a new field in your profile ("My Profile"->"Edit Profile") for "Location," but I'm not sure how it feeds the Member Map. I assume that leaving it empty will not feed it at all.

There are some additional, ah, "enhancements and modifications" to come. As I find out more information about how some of these new toys work, I will pass that information along to you. In exchange, if you find something that is wonky or not behaving as it should (or as you expect it to), please drop a PM to either myself or one of the moderators, or feel free to email me directly (admin@heritageownersclub.com).

I know we all realize that although change is never 100% trouble-free--let alone comfortable--it is inevitable. That being said, I personally appreciate your willingness to bear with us during this potentially bumpy phase and extend a "thank you" in advance for maintaining the level of decorum, decency and camaraderie we all have grown accustomed to here.

Regards,

J

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been made aware that the way to add yourself to the Member Map is to visit the Member Map (you can click on the Member Map tab at the top of the page, next to the Terms of Service tab) and then click on "Add Location" button. You can make your location as specific or nebulous as you choose. There is no obligation to participate and no penalty for opting out.

Yikes - not too subtle, this upgrade. Not in Kansas anymore! Using the reply box below - already a feature I see I'm gonna like. Thanks, boss!

I am sorry, Randy. I know it is a sudden "rug out from under everyone" shift. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. If I didn't have this darned doctoral thesis to support, though. ;)

Thanks for all the enhancements!

You are welcome!

I'll I can say is "Oz, YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Thank you again, so much for everything you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you click on the markers (pins?) that are on the map, it should pop up a bubble showing which member is associated with that marker (pin?).

Way back in the mists of time, when the HOC was running on the original board software (SMF, free but had scaling issues) we had a member map on the main page (also long gone). As I recall, it had several hundred markers on it when the free service went for-pay and we lost that info.

I noticed too that a lot of pictures are distorted now...

It's just the drugs Blues; it'll wear off.

I like the update. Easy on the eyes and functions the same for all I do here. It took a while to understand that the blue dot on the left takes me to the first unread post within a thread. Looks like some fun (undocumented) features. I may just have to change.

Nice work #1 :icon_thumright:

Wow. Try hovering your mouse pointer over someone's name/handle. Slick.

That's awesome!

Some mighty fine work Mr. Admin!

Though I have to admit the TapTalk thing scared me for a moment last night when it kept coming back saying my login info was wrong :nea_mini:

Thanks, Admin, I noticed the new look right away! Look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.

I didn't know admin was going to be there cool! Looking forward to meeting him- and, thanks.

The Random Gallery doesn't seem to be random. I posted my entire H-140 refinish and every photo showed up. I since reduced the photos to only two, but they both still show up. I think the Gallery either shows the most recent album or random albums, not pictures.

I also noticed that it seems like the homepage is still trying to go to the portat, which is no longer there so it returns the error message:

[#404] Sorry, we could not locate the page you are requesting to view. Please click here to return to the community index

This happens if I try to use http://www.heritageownersclub.com or http://heritageownersclub.com

If I add the /forums after then I do not see the above error message

Archived