Heritage Owners Club

HOC board software upgraded

Administrator

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use Mozilla and for some reason, the Forum page has pictures running down the left margin (the middle of the page being blank) and 3 pages down start the forums.

I use Mozilla and for some reason, the Forum page has pictures running down the left margin (the middle of the page being blank) and 3 pages down start the forums.

Have you tried clearing your cache?

I use the latest FF, Aurora actually. The only time I have seen the screen skewing, and this was not related to HOC, was when I did an initial install of new FF and some of the older additional plug-ins were still running while being incompatible with the latest version of FF. In other words, it wasn't HOC related. So I did an update of the add-ons, and all corrected itself.

I also use Mozilla, and haven't tried other browsers yet. I've noticed that, since the upgrade, when I revisit threads my browser no longer remembers where I left off, and just brings me to the beginning of the thread, forcing me to manually navigate to the right page, and find the last post I saw on that thread. Is it just me having this problem? If so, there's probably something I need to research about my browser, or it's settings.

On the View New Content page, there is a function towards the lower left that can be selected that says something like "view content I have not read". If you set that correctly, it will probably be as you remember it being

Another Firefox user here, version 4, I'm not seeing any signatures. My own sig is visible to me in my user settings but when browsing the forum no sigs are visible.

The problem may be my end but I think that I could see every ones sigs before the upgrade.

On the View New Content page, there is a function towards the lower left that can be selected that says something like "view content I have not read". If you set that correctly, it will probably be as you remember it being

Thanks, I'll look into that.

I also just noticed (right after I posted) that when returning to a thread, on the upper right near the "post a reply" button there is a link that says "go to newest unread post" (or something like that, since I don't actually see it right now!). It seems to work fine, and do what I want, it's just that its different from before, needing a button press, rather than the automagic that happened before.

I'm sure I'll find a whole new set of things to twiddle with. In the mean time, I think I need to fix my photo..

If you look at the topic header in the listing, you'll also see a dot or star before the topic title. If you click that it will take you to the first unread message. The Star means you have participated in that topic.

OMG.. You are soooo.. right.. I gotta comment thought, that's it's a pretty subtle feature! Certainly not something I was looking for?

Honestly, I assumed I was missing the boat somewhere, when it came to the upgrade and things that I had before but don't seem to have now. My experience is that its rare for software to lose features as it matures, unless they're irrelevant ones. I don't know for sure yet, but I'm thinking we're gonna want to start a thread of "cool things on the site you may not know about".

In the mean time. I'll keep pressing buttons.. and see what happens. :)

Another Firefox user here, version 4, I'm not seeing any signatures. My own sig is visible to me in my user settings but when browsing the forum no sigs are visible.

The problem may be my end but I think that I could see every ones sigs before the upgrade.

Ok found the answer to this one ....

There is a setting in "My Settings", top right of the screen.

My Settings > Ignore Preferences > Ignore all signatures when reading topics

The box to ""Ignore all signatures when reading topics"" was ticked in my own settings, it definitely wasn't before the upgrade.

Unticked it and saved and now I can see all the sigs.

Some members have the GC catalogue in their sigs !!!!

( It is possible to hide individual sigs by clicking on the "X" to the top right of the sig in question and choosing one of the options.)

Any hints for adding my avatar photo? I've gone to my settings, profile settings, General Account Settings, change your photo, use a custom photo. I browse to one on my computer. Each time I get a message in red that reads "failed to set a new photo". I've tried to resize my pic to (343 x 512 Pixels and memory of about 500k).

Do I have to use Gravatar?

Any hints for adding my avatar photo? I've gone to my settings, profile settings, General Account Settings, change your photo, use a custom photo. I browse to one on my computer. Each time I get a message in red that reads "failed to set a new photo". I've tried to resize my pic to (343 x 512 Pixels and memory of about 500k).

Do I have to use Gravatar?

Re-size a pic (on your computer) to 100 x 100 .. make sure it's square.

Then in your profile... roll over your area for pic and click change... download.... done , hopefully.

Guest HRB853370

Mr Root

I spotted a misspelling in the Musically Speaking section, specifically the word "discussion"! I should get another star for this!

"This section of the community is strictly dedicated to the discusion of music...theory, analysis, improvisation, tips/discoveries/experiences."

• 4 weeks later...

You probably deleted your cookie or do not have it allowed under <Tools> <Options> <Privacy> <Exceptions>

I tried under exceptions to list the Heritage Site as allowed to track cookies, still not saving my log on, may just shorten my password for now

• 1 month later...

I'll update this for anyone else having issues with Mozilla not saving logons for the Hoc. Use Internet Explorer. I monkeyed around with any Mozilla settings I could find as well as my security software. Even deleted and reinstalled Mozilla, no luck. Using internet explorer with no problems...had stopped using it a few years back due to constant issues with it, seems more stable now.

I'm using Mozilla Firefox, no problems.

If you uninstalled Firefox it probably left behind all of your user settings, so when you re installed it the same problem occurred.

Check out this link on how to completely remove it before reinstalling:

http://support.mozil...lling%20Firefox

Thanks Southpaw, I'll just use Internet Explorer. I spent enough time with settings etc. Funny thing was this started right after the upgrade. Probably a coincidence.

Archived