Heritage Owners Club

VIP-1 1986

FredZepp

I get GAS alot on this forum.. a lot of it for H-150's and 157's. But I look at the guitars that I own and decide that I have that field covered just fine... I don't NEED another of that type. (Well, unless a deal that's too good to pass up suddenly appears or whatever..... )

But when Brent had this 1986 VIP_1 up for sale.. I felt it offered a Heritage with a different twist.. and at a bargain price.

As always, Brent was great to deal with.. it happened flawlessly and quickly. And I've been enjoying this unique Heritage for a short while now.

It has a Duncan Black Back pickup.. it sounded pretty good,but then I lowered it down and really like it now.

This guitar is a bolt neck with a killer Kahler trem on it. It's a blast to play and stays in tune, no matter what.

This is great to rock on .. I've been getting used to learning the different sounds that come out of it.

I find one pickup guitars to be fun.. you have to work them a bit to get different tones, and that's cool.

Anyhow,it is a lot of fun to see what this old Heritage can do.. and it can do a lot. Thanks Brent.. you did a great job in getting this one back up to speed.

20111010180218.jpg20111010180434.jpg

20111010180446.jpg20111010180240.jpg

Very Cool, Fred. Man, I'm glad you bit on that; I was ready to go for Brent's "2 for 1" deal if you hadn't picked up that VIP!! Why, I don't know; I KNOW you'll do it much more justice than I ever could! And, Yes, those are cool pics.

Simplicity is beauty! Congrats on your new guitar Fred! : )

Thanks... it is a wonderful old axe.

Posted Today, 09:04 PM

Very Cool, Fred. Man, I'm glad you bit on that; I was ready to go for Brent's "2 for 1" deal if you hadn't picked up that VIP!! Why, I don't know; I KNOW you'll do it much more justice than I ever could! And, Yes, those are cool pics.

This one is fun...

And I find that it is rather photogenic with that finish too....

Damn Fred those are some good looking pictures. The first one using the clouds as a backdrop was great!

Thanks Ron... that's high praise, coming from you.. our resident photo wizard.

That one is just a case of things coming together at that moment.... and it's a cool , weird Heritage headstock to boot....

I get GAS alot on this forum.. a lot of it for H-150's and 157's. But I look at the guitars that I own and decide that I have that field covered just fine... I don't NEED another of that type. (Well, unless a deal that's too good to pass up suddenly appears or whatever..... )

But when Brent had this 1986 VIP_1 up for sale.. I felt it offered a Heritage with a different twist.. and at a bargain price.

As always, Brent was great to deal with.. it happened flawlessly and quickly. And I've been enjoying this unique Heritage for a short while now.

It has a Duncan Black Back pickup.. it sounded pretty good,but then I lowered it down and really like it now.

This guitar is a bolt neck with a killer Kahler trem on it. It's a blast to play and stays in tune, no matter what.

This is great to rock on .. I've been getting used to learning the different sounds that come out of it.

I find one pickup guitars to be fun.. you have to work them a bit to get different tones, and that's cool.

Anyhow,it is a lot of fun to see what this old Heritage can do.. and it can do a lot. Thanks Brent.. you did a great job in getting this one back up to speed.

20111010180218.jpg

That guitar is very '80ish!! Kramerlike. Pretty darned cool!

Excuse me....

img_2897_std.jpg

Yours is backwards!!

Fred, what do the 2 mini switches do, on your new guitar?

I'm guessing one splits the coil, the other is a kill. Just a WAG, tho'.

Fred, what do the 2 mini switches do, on your new guitar?

Ha... you came up with the million dollar question....

The first one works like a coil split... Humbucker/ or bright single coil.

The second one is a mystery.... It does nothing in the humbucker mode..but..

in the single coil mode.. it makes the pickup very full sounding.. and it gets a little louder as you turn down the volume.

It you switch back to the humbucker with the volume at 4 .. it is a whole lot louder than the humbucker.

It is a really cool tone... I don't know what it's doing... very weird but cool.

Ha... you came up with the million dollar question....

The first one works like a coil split... Humbucker/ or bright single coil.

The second one is a mystery.... It does nothing in the humbucker mode..but..

in the single coil mode.. it makes the pickup very full sounding.. and it gets a little louder as you turn down the volume.

It you switch back to the humbucker with the volume at 4 .. it is a whole lot louder than the humbucker.

It is a really cool tone... I don't know what it's doing... very weird but cool.

I'll bet it's putting the single into series.

Archived