Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hi Everyone,

I've had my 150 for a few years now but only just found the forum, so this is my first post.

I'm from the UK, been playing guitar for nearly 40 years (OMG!!) and still trying to learn something new every day. Heritage guitars are rare and expensive here so I was very lucky to get mine for a good price. I have quite a few other guitars (I'm particularly fond of the UK made Patrick Eggle guitars from the 1990's) but my 150 is right up there with the best. An absolute tone monster!

post-2065-1273500560_thumb.jpg

Hi Everyone,

I've had my 150 for a few years now but only just found the forum, so this is my first post.

I'm from the UK, been playing guitar for nearly 40 years (OMG!!) and still trying to learn something new every day. Heritage guitars are rare and expensive here so I was very lucky to get mine for a good price. I have quite a few other guitars (I'm particularly fond of the UK made Patrick Eggle guitars from the 1990's) but my 150 is right up there with the best. An absolute tone monster!

post-2065-1273500560_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the Club...

That is a really sweet looking 150 there... great look to it with that finish...

Check out the site and... join in.

Hallo everybody,

my name is flo, i'm from vienna in austria.

The last three months i was looking for a les paul... i tried a few gibson's (standard, tradional, '54 plain top vos ... ) and many other guitars...

But i didn't really found / played enything which was the right thing... i thought stay with your fender's and epi's (2 Tele's, 1 Strat, 1 epiphone LP Custom) and forget the LP.

Last week a local store called "Klangfarbe" (www.klangfarbe.com) moved to a new place and i went to there grand opening week(end)...

The have a really nice "Costum Shop" there... again i was looking for an LP... Gibson LP... and the same happend again no guitar was the right one... but then i tried a Heritage H150CM in vintage sunburst... i played this guitar one hour... and it happend ... it feels right it sounds the way it should ... perfect... and the price is only a few euros more then a gibson traditonal...

And on friday this week i will retrieve the guitar from the store... :o

When i have the fist photo's i will show you my new baby... ;)

Keep On Rocking...

flooo

Welcome to the HOC, flo

That is a great story that illustrates why we are united in our appreciation of Heritage guitars and the people that make them like they used to in Kalamazoo.

We look forward to your pictures and invite you to check out the galleries and join in the fun on the forum threads....

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy fellas, I decided to join now that I got my first Heritage, a 1992 H550 just less than 24 hours ago. A great guitar in great condition. Beautiful almond sunburst.

I have been playing blues and jazzy blues for a while in the SE US. I am a member of a working 4-piece jump blues band and have been using semi-hollow and hollowbody guitar exclusively except for slide. I bought the H550 as my last hollow body guitar, a step up from my Epi Joe Pass that will get single coil PUPs now.

I look forward to learning more about Heritage here and make some new musician friends in the cyber space.

-jblues

PS: Here is my Heritage:

1000015g.jpg

Edited by jblues

Welcome jblues,

That is an exquisite 550. I agree on the finish... awesome. And it seems like the right guitar for what you do.

I'm sure that you'll enjoy both the guitar and the forum ....

Hi, I'm John McIntyre, new Heritage Owner. I bought a 20th Anniversity Heritage 150 from a dealer in Dallas, Texas in March. It is the best guitar I have ever played. I knew immediately I was going to have GAS with Heritage products. In fact, I just bought a 1998 Heritage 535 from a guy here in Austin, Texas. It has the HWR pickups and D-VIP swithching. I have been traveling for work so have to played it much but the few times I have it was awsome.

don't play in a band just at home for fun. Love Blues and Classic rock. A couple of hours of playing songs is very relaxing..

Haven't had a chance to take pictures to post but will this week-end as I need to post some guitars on EBay. I can't play them all and the Heritages are now at the top of the list.

I would love a 150 with P90's. But I haven't actually told my wife I bought that 535 ( it was a great deal and I would have been an idiot to pass it up)so I need to work through that before I add another guitar to the collection...

I really enjoy reading the comments and seeing the pictures of everyones guitars. keep them coming..

Welcome John (jmac) , We are glad that you joined us here.

Everyone has great things to say about the 20th Anni guitars... the verdict is in on those and they are awesome.

The new 535 sounds like a winner also... great pickups and the enhanced electronics should make it exceptional.

Join in and enjoy the forum.

Hi, I'm John McIntyre, new Heritage Owner. I bought a 20th Anniversity Heritage 150 from a dealer in Dallas, Texas in March. It is the best guitar I have ever played. I knew immediately I was going to have GAS with Heritage products. In fact, I just bought a 1998 Heritage 535 from a guy here in Austin, Texas. It has the HWR pickups and D-VIP swithching. I have been traveling for work so have to played it much but the few times I have it was awsome.

don't play in a band just at home for fun. Love Blues and Classic rock. A couple of hours of playing songs is very relaxing..

Haven't had a chance to take pictures to post but will this week-end as I need to post some guitars on EBay. I can't play them all and the Heritages are now at the top of the list.

I would love a 150 with P90's. But I haven't actually told my wife I bought that 535 ( it was a great deal and I would have been an idiot to pass it up)so I need to work through that before I add another guitar to the collection...

I really enjoy reading the comments and seeing the pictures of everyones guitars. keep them coming..

Welcome John! I am also a 20th Ann H 150 owner...GREAT GUITAR!!! The D-Vip system is pretty cool, isnt it?

IMG_3455.jpg

IMG_4257.jpg

I look forward to learning more about Heritage here and make some new musician friends in the cyber space.

-jblues

Nice 550 man!!! WELCOME!!!!

Howdy fellas, I decided to join now that I got my first Heritage, a 1992 H550 just less than 24 hours ago. A great guitar in great condition. Beautiful almond sunburst.

I have been playing blues and jazzy blues for a while in the SE US. I am a member of a working 4-piece jump blues band and have been using semi-hollow and hollowbody guitar exclusively except for slide. I bought the H550 as my last hollow body guitar, a step up from my Epi Joe Pass that will get single coil PUPs now.

-jblues

1000015g.jpg

WOW! Your 550 is beautiful. As a relatively new 550 owner myself, I can't agree more that it is the perfect git for jump blues and many other genres. It's an instrument that always makes me smile.

WELCOME TO ALL OF THE NEWBIES! HOPE YOU HANG OUT AND POST OFTEN. :D

Welcome John! I am also a 20th Ann H 150 owner...GREAT GUITAR!!! The D-Vip system is pretty cool, isnt it?

IMG_3455.jpg

IMG_4257.jpg

Thanks Brentrocks and Fredzepp for the warm reception. The 20th Anniversity H150 is so awesome. I have number 13 of the series. I would love to buy another an put some P90's in it( just so they didn't sound the same). And the 535 is no slouch either. You can get a lot of different tones flipping the switches. don't use the out of phase so much yet. I was a little skeptical that they would live up to the praise they had gotten but they are sweet and chimey.

I am passing through Kalamazoo this summer. Can you take a plant tour? Buy from the factory?

Thanks Brentrocks and Fredzepp for the warm reception. The 20th Anniversity H150 is so awesome. I have number 13 of the series. I would love to buy another an put some P90's in it( just so they didn't sound the same). And the 535 is no slouch either. You can get a lot of different tones flipping the switches. don't use the out of phase so much yet. I was a little skeptical that they would live up to the praise they had gotten but they are sweet and chimey.

I am passing through Kalamazoo this summer. Can you take a plant tour? Buy from the factory?

You can not buy from the factory... but you can take an awesome factory tour...

We do it as a group during the Parsons St Pilgramage ... check the gallery for pics of PSP 1 and PSP II.

And we'd love for you to join us at PSP III,,,,

You can not buy from the factory... but you can take an awesome factory tour...

We do it as a group during the Parsons St Pilgramage ... check the gallery for pics of PSP 1 and PSP II.

And we'd love for you to join us at PSP III,,,,

FredZepp, the stars are lining up. We are supposed to start a family reunion on August 7th somewhere close to Kalamazoo. Haven't bought tickets yet but could make a point of getting there a few days early for PSPIII. I would love to see the factory. I will read through the post for more information.. Thanks for the invitation..

Howdy. The name is Shon (Shawn ... my parents drank). I'm in Kentucky and I will be picking up my first Heritage this week. Pics to follow

Well to the Club , Shon....

We're glad that you've found us and we will be especially glad when we get to see your new Heritage..... join in and have fun.

New to this site, but not new to guitar. Been playing 50 years now. I own quite a few guitars, but my absolute favorite is my Heritage Sweet 16. One of the older models. Natural finish with black pickguard. No tone control, just volume. That's all it needs. It has superb pick dynamics. I can go mellow or add bite just by where I pick. That guitar has more mojo than any guitar ever owned. I LOVE to play jazz and that is what my 16 excels at. Bought it used. It was in perfect condition... nary a scratch to be found. It looks like the previous owner never played it, although after playing it as much as I do, I don't see how any player could not play it.

I own and use several amps (depending on what and where I am playing), believe it or not, my 16 sounds best through my Line 6 Flextone XL II. I set the amp on the Roland JC-120 model, put the mid and treble at high noon, and the bass at about 11 (the tone not the volume). A touch of drive and reverb to taste, and it sounds amazing. Great response from low notes through the higher registers. I just can't get a bad sound out of that guitar.

I have visited the site a few times, but remained one of the shadow people. Glad to be here. Seems like some nice folks hang out here. I look forward to chatting with y'all.

VP

Hello guys!

I have been playing guitar for over 20 years and having been teaching it for the last 7. I also teach in all genres.

I have been looking into buying an H 150 the last few weeks so I joined this site to get more info. ^_^