Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

New to this site, but not new to guitar. Been playing 50 years now. I own quite a few guitars, but my absolute favorite is my Heritage Sweet 16. One of the older models. Natural finish with black pickguard. No tone control, just volume. That's all it needs. It has superb pick dynamics. I can go mellow or add bite just by where I pick. That guitar has more mojo than any guitar ever owned. I LOVE to play jazz and that is what my 16 excels at. Bought it used. It was in perfect condition... nary a scratch to be found. It looks like the previous owner never played it, although after playing it as much as I do, I don't see how any player could not play it.

I own and use several amps (depending on what and where I am playing), believe it or not, my 16 sounds best through my Line 6 Flextone XL II. I set the amp on the Roland JC-120 model, put the mid and treble at high noon, and the bass at about 11 (the tone not the volume). A touch of drive and reverb to taste, and it sounds amazing. Great response from low notes through the higher registers. I just can't get a bad sound out of that guitar.

I have visited the site a few times, but remained one of the shadow people. Glad to be here. Seems like some nice folks hang out here. I look forward to chatting with y'all.

VP

Here you go. My 16 (forgive the missing string), and my PRS 513. Some of my other guitars are now at my gallery. Drop by and check 'em out.

post-2117-1275792608_thumb.jpg

post-2117-1275792796_thumb.jpg

Edited by VintagePerson

Very Nice Guitars.....

That is a beautiful sweet 16 and the PRS is a sweet one too.................. :P;)

Thanks for the kind words FredZepp. Always like to hear good things about the kids.

Guest HRB853370

Hello, my name is Will and I live in Oxford GA. I have been a Strat guy for a long time, but I own a Heritage cherry sunburst H-150CM which was purchased new in 2000, Serial Q32203. It is a fine guitar, heavy as these guitars should be and dripping with tone!

Hello, my name is Will and I live in Oxford GA. I have been a Strat guy for a long time, but I own a Heritage cherry sunburst H-150CM which was purchased new in 2000, Serial Q32203. It is a fine guitar, heavy as these guitars should be and dripping with tone!

Welcome to the club, Will... join in and have some fun... and post a pic of that 150 when you have a chance... Drippin' with Tone is right for a Heritage...

Hi everyone,

I'll start with a confession. I am not a Heritage owner... yet!

I hope I am still welcome here.

I joined because I have been researching Heritage guitars, particularly the Groove master. Newest edition.

That tailpiece intrigues the heck out of me.

I look forward to communicating with you all... but first, I think I have some serious research to do!

Cheers, Ron

Hi everyone,

I'll start with a confession. I am not a Heritage owner... yet!

I hope I am still welcome here.

I joined because I have been researching Heritage guitars, particularly the Groove master. Newest edition.

That tailpiece intrigues the heck out of me.

I look forward to communicating with you all... but first, I think I have some serious research to do!

Cheers, Ron

Welcome aboard , Ron...

Check out the galleries and maybe search some old threads... my kind of research.. :D

Join in and have fun... ..... Oh , and get that Heritage you desire... eventually.

Newbie to the club. I have a '93 Prospect Natural, plus other non-Heritages, too (an old Ibanez 2630, Eastman John Pisano, various Strats and Teles plus basses).

Gonna surf this site for a while gettin' some learnin' on....

Cheers!

(crappy phone photo, better to come)

post-2148-1277493512_thumb.jpg

Newbie to the club. I have a '93 Prospect Natural, plus other non-Heritages, too (an old Ibanez 2630, Eastman John Pisano, various Strats and Teles plus basses).

Cheers!

Congrats on the Prospect!

Welcome!!!

Cheers!

Another Prospect owner! Welcome. I had a '99 Prospect. Now in possession of a custom ordered '10 Prospect. Love that guitar. My absolute favorite of. :thumbsup: How long have you had the '93?

I just realized I'm a charter member (#30) and have just made may first posts today.

When I registered in the early days of the forum I was playing an '02 575 Custom Antique Burst.

Stunning guitar but the neck was giving me fits (too thin) so I sold it.

It's taken me this long to try and get another Heritage in the stable.

Here's hoping that happens sooner rather than later.

By way of intro, I'm a serious hobby player in southern Idaho. I do work playing small combo jazz gigs from time to time

but I think I like the idea of being a jazz player more than I like the work it takes to be one so I'm a hack

but I love it anyway.

The steady playing I do is for church services each week.

Looking forward after all this time to contributing here.

Let's just everybody put their vibes out there for me to sell what I need to get another Heritage

so I can be legit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everybody,

My name is Mick and I work at my family's music shop, Steilberg String Instruments. I understand people's apprehension to a store being in the Owner's Club. But hear me out. I personally own a Golden Eagle (8 loving years, now) and our mom and pop shop has been a Heritage dealer for well over a decade now. We stock them (and the other lines we carry) because we honestly love them - if our goal was to get rich, we'd be in another line of work. But we believe they are great guitars and we really like dealing with the fellers in the shop. I knew about the message board but really didn't think about joining until Vince from Heritage encouraged me to. If any of you find yourselves in Louisville, KY and have some time to kill, stop by our shop. We're friendly and we like friendly folks who love guitars as much as we do.

And if you want to know a few pieces we've got right now, I'll mention that, among half a dozen others, one of the Roy Clark Hall of Fame H-535 guitars (#12 of 25) is here.

Anyway, glad to be here. Thanks for the consideration!

Cheers,

Mick

Welcome aboard Mick from Steilberg String Instruments,

We're glad to have you join us and add your Heritage experiences to the club.

And you've done a great job introducing yourself, which is a big thing around here as we see ourselves as a community of friends.

And don't forget to show us some pics of that Golden Eagle... Throw up some pics of it in the Heritage section if you have the chance....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! My name is Lutz and I live in the south of France...

I am a lucky owner of a H525 PTD, purchased from Jay Wolfe. This guitar is "blonde" and has P90 pickups... what a SOUND!!!

The guitar was not very well protected for shipping from Florida to France, but no dammage. Only some screws to fix, no problem. And the sound is GREAT!

Heritage is unknown in France, but I had the chance to try one - and I think it's better quality than Gibson... I am looking for an original Heritage hardshell case; the H525 was shipped in an ACCESS-335-case (not bad, but I prefer the original)... If anyone can help me? Can't found it on internet...

My other guitars are: Fender Stratocaster Eric Clapton (1989), Guild GAD40CE, Yamaha 12-string APX-512A and (don't laugh!) Martin Backpacker.

Many greeting from France

Lutz

post-2103-1279719932_thumb.jpg

Edited by lutzi0660

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to everyone, My name is John and I go by JWALKER here at HOC. I am a Social Worker, and I live in Hattiesburg, MS. I am new to Heritage, and for that matter to playing the guitar. I had three guitars about twenty years ago, but eventually gor rid of them. I really appreciate the patience everyone shows with a newbie like me. I have a 555 ordered, and when it comes I will try to post pictures of it, and my other non Heritage guitars. Oops, are we allowed to say that here? I have a Fender Telecaster and Sratocaster, and a Epiphone Elitist Les Paul. I look forward to really immersing myself into playing. This is really a great site, and I have learned and am still learning a great deal.

I am looking forward to getting a really good amp and some more Heritage guitars in the future, like a 150 or 157 and a DC Millennium with that cool DVIP. This may also get me into trouble here , but I want to also get a G & L ASAT Telecaster. I love the Telecaster, and had I not discovered a Heritage in my search for a Tele, I would probably have another by now. However, I met my first Heritage, a sweet red 535, at my local music store, and it was love at first sight and sound. Now, if I could just convince Heritage to make Telecasters. Oh yes, I may also want a Sweet 16 or a 575 or 525. As you can see I am hooked, and I probably should get myself some help. So, thanks to everyone, and I look forward to posting with you.

Hey John ( JWALKER )

A lot of us have other brands .. we just share an admiration for Heritage in particular. You'll find many G & L and Fender owners here, well really a bit of everything.

Heritage did experiment with a tele style guitar at one point.. quite rare.. and very different from a Fender.

It's cool that you found the 535 that got you started on Heritage and I can't wait to see the 555 ...it will be awesome.

Hello to everyone, My name is John and I go by JWALKER here at HOC. I am a Social Worker, and I live in Hattiesburg, MS. I am new to Heritage, and for that matter to playing the guitar. I had three guitars about twenty years ago, but eventually gor rid of them. I really appreciate the patience everyone shows with a newbie like me. I have a 555 ordered, and when it comes I will try to post pictures of it, and my other non Heritage guitars. Oops, are we allowed to say that here? I have a Fender Telecaster and Sratocaster, and a Epiphone Elitist Les Paul. I look forward to really immersing myself into playing. This is really a great site, and I have learned and am still learning a great deal.

I am looking forward to getting a really good amp and some more Heritage guitars in the future, like a 150 or 157 and a DC Millennium with that cool DVIP. This may also get me into trouble here , but I want to also get a G & L ASAT Telecaster. I love the Telecaster, and had I not discovered a Heritage in my search for a Tele, I would probably have another by now. However, I met my first Heritage, a sweet red 535, at my local music store, and it was love at first sight and sound. Now, if I could just convince Heritage to make Telecasters. Oh yes, I may also want a Sweet 16 or a 575 or 525. As you can see I am hooked, and I probably should get myself some help. So, thanks to everyone, and I look forward to posting with you.

gallery_10_153_1681764.jpg check out the H-127 Custom...

The 127 looks very interesting, and I would love to come across one. I really want an G & L ASAT Bluesboy and maybe even an ASAT Custom. I hear the Anderson Tele's are awesome, but man are they high priced. Thanks for the pics of the 127.

Edited by JWALKER

http://photos-by-nic.fotopic.net/p66320339.html

Hi my name is Nic Elsby... I'm currently a stay at home Dad by day for my 3 1/2 year old girl Bethan and still managing to be a musician by night! but I am also a qualified Social Worker :huh: ..... and Hey,,,,,I just got my first Heritage ... a used classic 535 in lovely flame cherry..

http://photos-by-nic.fotopic.net/p66320340.html

she's factory loaded with Duncan Antiquities

http://photos-by-nic.fotopic.net/p66320338.html

and has a bound headstock too!!

http://photos-by-nic.fotopic.net/p66320340.html

a pretty special guitar I must say and rarer over here in England I expect.... I've owned 4 similar shaped guitars with the G Brand on them in the past and I have never been happy.

1)They were all too heavy compared to an original vintage model I once got a chance to play..

2)I've always thought the stock 57 pickups were bland and changed them out or sold the guitar

3)The quality of the build was never impressive.

4) all had tuning problems....

The 535 I now own is the best guitar I've ever had that certain other company never made. I really love the thinner body as well... what a move forward!! comfort and tonally.. you really connect with the vibrations more.. it feels more a part of you... want a H150 now!!!

One last note..............wish I could get over to the factory visit with you guys this year but I guess it will have to be another year... Have a Great time everyone... and get the pic's uploaded soon as you all get back!!

Thanks chaps!! :D

Hello and Welcome Nic,

That is a great story about your appreciation of your Heritage.

You hit on a lot of the points that we bring up among ourselves.

And that Cherry flametop is especially nice... and the Antiquities should be a great match.

Join in and... hope to see you at PSP IV... :huh:

Greetings from Washington State.

You can call me Mike. I am 64 years old and have been actively

playing guitars since I was 16. Started playing professionally at

18 and continued to play non-stop until I was forced to retire by

nerve damage in my hands. Once upon a time I could pick the

livin' daylights out of a guitar, but alas, time has taken it's toll and

now I can't pick for #*@% these days. Also, I had a small stringed

instrument repiar shop where I did all sorts of repair and restoration

work on guitars, banjos, mandolins and the like. Not much fiddle

work except to re-hair bows. By my count I have owned and sold

over 125 guitars in my guitar filled life.

The last guitar I obtained was a Heritage Eagle Standard with the

Custom Solid Spruce top. The story that came with this guitar was

very interesting to say the least. It seems that someone in San Diego

ordered this guitar as a Custom build. After two years of no-show

the customer insisted the down payment to be applied to one of

those solid wood archtops from China. When the Eagle Standard

finally arrived at Buffalo Music, they put the guitar out for sale.

No takers because the price was too high and it was too Plain Jane

for the 'Very Sophisticated Jazz' scene in San Diego. Little more

than a year later the Eagle Standard was one of twenty guitars traded

to Phil's Used and Vintage Guitars in Bellingham, WA. The next time

I visited Phil's shop, which usually happened twice or three times a

week, I saw this beauty and it was love at first sight. Being primarily

a country picker, I was attracted to the 'early gibson' look of this beauty.

Well, being poor but never-the-less poverty stricken, coming up

with the $2000.00 asking price was out of the question. I did

however have a guitar that Phil had been trying to weasel out of

me for some time. This was a Martin D-18 Special, made before

the advent of all the D-18V's, Authentics and such boutique guitars.

This was one of my favorites for many reasons, not the lease of

which was that I really had no money tied up in this one. I got

this Martin by selling an HD-28 to one of my students for $1800.00,

which I had only paid $800.00 for. The extra $1000.00 paid for

the D-18 Special.

To cut this story short I traded my D-18 for the Heritage Eagle

Standard Custom straight across. I was and still am a very

happy camper. I called Heritage and they confirmed I was

the "Original Owner" and all warranty stuff was valid for me.

So, here are a few pictures of my favorite guitar. OK, a tie

with my HD-28.

Ya'll can see that I put some ebony tuner knobs on this guitar.

Kinda classy me thinks, eh?

Here are some quick pictures. No, I didn't polish the guitar

for this photo op. :D

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

Mike in Bellingham, WA