Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Yes Welcome all the newbies that I have missed... I got my first Heritage (H-170cm) about 18 months ago, the guys warned me it wouldn't be the last but I laughed... about 6 months later I aquired a H-137 lollar and I am currently awaiting delivery of No 3 a stunningly beautiful H-150

:glasses7:

post-918-1281404334_thumb.jpg

Hello chaps,

I am Jim from London England. I originally hail from Guernsey Channel Islands.

I was born there in 1976. my grandad was a great keyboardist but I was unable to play anything.

However I was in love with guitars from about age 8.

I joined my first band Dizzy Moth at 16 with some guys from school, Jimmy, Danny and Andy.

The used to have a lead coming out of my old encore straight to nowhere off the back of the stage.

Anyway, this wasn't getting the girls so I had to learn to play.

I have owned all sorts of guitars in my time and have worked at the for nearly 20 years.

Now I can just about play.

I live in London and rehearse at least twice a week and gig at least once a month with various bands, usually on bass or vox. I have recently joined a four piece where i get to play guitar too.

After a 5 year search for the right guitar, I think I am now there.

My influences are Thurston Moore, Joey Santiago, Lou Reed and all the classics, Hendrix, Gilmore, Strummer , Jones, Slash, Angus.

I iwll post some new stuff when it is recorded but recently I have been involved in

http://www.myspace.com/subliminalgirls

going to by myself a 157 as soon as i have the cash

Hi All,

The names Bob, and my screen name is Bob. I just bought a 2004 535 a few days ago. I'm a new player with older hands.

Glad to be part of the community,and appreciative of the advice and support that this forum's members provide. Currently, trying to make up a reason not to go to a meeting so I can get home to play that H535...

Hi All,

The names Bob, and my screen name is Bob. I just bought a 2004 535 a few days ago. I'm a new player with older hands.

Glad to be part of the community,and appreciative of the advice and support that this forum's members provide. Currently, trying to make up a reason not to go to a meeting so I can get home to play that H535...

Welcome onboard.. Bob.

For some great pics visit our gallery, and join in the conversation on the forum.

And when you have a chance... we love to see pics of new members guitars....

Guest HRB853370

Hi, my name is Will, but they call me skinslammer. I guess that is because I am a drummer since age 15, and added guitar playing to my musical skillset about 12 years ago. I am still learning (aren't we all?) many basic playing skills, but I do play each day-one benefit of being layed off from my job almost two years ago. I consider it to be great therapy and it helps to ease the anxiety of being in this economic situation. My Heritage guitar arsenal only consists of two H-150's at this time (I must admit to being a Les Paul junkie), but looking to add more as I learn more about the various models. There does not seem to be any shortage of fine used Heritage's out there and they seem to hold their value well. I plan on making the Pilgramage to K'zoo in 2011 to meet many of the friendly folks in person that are on this site. To me, that will be the real opportunity to learn about Heritage guitars, just by talking to people who own and cherish them. My other interests are: my Harley Davidsons, foosball, tennis, road cycling, and last but not least, my lovely fiance, Marie, who puts up with my guitar addictions and praises me when I score a good find (such as that 2005 H-150 that I got ya'all drooling over last week).

Hi, my name is Will, but they call me skinslammer. I guess that is because I am a drummer since age 15, and added guitar playing to my musical skillset about 12 years ago. I am still learning (aren't we all?) many basic playing skills, but I do play each day-one benefit of being layed off from my job almost two years ago. I consider it to be great therapy and it helps to ease the anxiety of being in this economic situation. My Heritage guitar arsenal only consists of two H-150's at this time (I must admit to being a Les Paul junkie), but looking to add more as I learn more about the various models. There does not seem to be any shortage of fine used Heritage's out there and they seem to hold their value well. I plan on making the Pilgramage to K'zoo in 2011 to meet many of the friendly folks in person that are on this site. To me, that will be the real opportunity to learn about Heritage guitars, just by talking to people who own and cherish them. My other interests are: my Harley Davidsons, foosball, tennis, road cycling, and last but not least, my lovely fiance, Marie, who puts up with my guitar addictions and praises me when I score a good find (such as that 2005 H-150 that I got ya'all drooling over last week).

We're glad that you joined us , Will.

That is a nice variety of guitars that you have there.

And I'm glad that you explained what skinslammer means.... so that I didn't have to guess.

We'll see you at PSP IV...

A big shout out to all of you HOC members that lurk in the background but don't post much!

You know who you are!  But we don't.  :)

The sole purpose of this thread is to send out a special HELLO!  And to ask if you'll drop in and say something about you or your Heritage guitar.  Consider this a kind of online HOC meet and greet...or even a Heritage-Aholic group hug.

OK, I'll start..."Hi, my name is Tim, but my friends here call me Gitfiddler.  My favorite Heritages are (in no particular order):  Sweet 16, Golden Eagle, H-555, H-150 and of course the H-157.  I'd love to own a Millenium, but cannot spell it or afford one yet.  :D

Alright guys and gals, YOUR TURN!

Who are you...and tell us something about you and your favorite Heritages!  Let's see how many newbies or oldies will say HELLO!  8)

My name is Frank and I just got a h150cm. First of many I hope.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm 32 and have been playing since 2007 after about a solid three or four years of going back and forth about it, wondering if I'd stick with it. Since I started playing, I haven't looked back and I am excited to say that I ordered a Heritage H157 back in August and the anticipation is almost too much to take some days. This will be my first U.S. made guitar and I am really looking forward to bringing it home and plugging her in! I currently own a G&L Legacy Tribute and Asat, both very solid guitars; but I always loved the classic LP design and sound, so after discovering Heritage at my local dealer in Edwardsville, IL (Mojo's, they are simply the best) I knew I had to have one. I've been lurking on this site for a few months and through all of the stories and pictures I've seen here, I have full confidence that I made the right choice.

Hello, I'm 32 and have been playing since 2007 after about a solid three or four years of going back and forth about it, wondering if I'd stick with it. Since I started playing, I haven't looked back and I am excited to say that I ordered a Heritage H157 back in August and the anticipation is almost too much to take some days. This will be my first U.S. made guitar and I am really looking forward to bringing it home and plugging her in! I currently own a G&L Legacy Tribute and Asat, both very solid guitars; but I always loved the classic LP design and sound, so after discovering Heritage at my local dealer in Edwardsville, IL (Mojo's, they are simply the best) I knew I had to have one. I've been lurking on this site for a few months and through all of the stories and pictures I've seen here, I have full confidence that I made the right choice.

Hey jturbo77~ Welcome to the club. You'll learn the secret handshake later. :lol:

We understand that giddy impatient feeling in the pit of your stomach. That new 157 of yours will be here sooner than you think. Then we'll demand pictures, and lots of em!! :D

I also have a custom order that will make its way to Mojo's (hopefully) in the near future. Bob is a great guy to work with.

Looking forward to your posts.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I'M SMAJ here, but Dave is the name. I know brentrocks from others sites, he is always looking for unique Hetitages. I see from your pics brent, that you found the Firebird looking model, nice.

Hello, I'M SMAJ here, but Dave is the name. I know brentrocks from others sites, he is always looking for unique Hetitages. I see from your pics brent, that you found the Firebird looking model, nice.

Welcome to the HOC Dave!

Welcome!

Cant wait to see your H 157!!!!

Hey guys, new guy checking in.

Just found this site yesterday and have been going through all of the threads since!

I've been playing since I was 15, I'm 43 now...where does the time go?

Was looking for a semi hollow guitar a few years ago and discovered Heritage. I played a new 535 locally and liked it, but it was a bit more than I was looking to pay at the time. I found and bought a gently used 535 Classic in OSB of off the net a few months later. Always a little scary buying a guitar you haven't played, but we bonded instantly.

She's beautiful to look at, plays effortlessly and sounds angelic through my Fender Vibro King.

I've been admiring Heritages ever since and had thought about acquiring another. Finding this site has aggravated my GAS!

Cheers, Sticky

I've been admiring Heritages ever since and had thought about acquiring another. Finding this site has aggravated my GAS!

You will fit in well here. Welcome aboard.

I'm Adrian. Own a 98 H535 that I bought a few years ago on ebay. It's a beautiful and great-sounding guitar. I play mostly classic rock, some blues and I'm getting into jazz. I used to own a Strat which is a great guitar in its own right--workhorse of rock and roll--but the 535 is much more of a joy to play. I think it's a better guitar than a modern Gibson.

Welcome aboard Adrian ( jackmusic )

In your short comments , you have managed to say a lot that many here would certainly agree with....

And a 1998 H-535 sounds like it's a sweet instrument... You know... we'd love to see a pic.

Enjoy the forum and join in...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone -

I'm Mark. I live in Atlanta and am getting ready to take my first (and surely not last) plunge into the Heritage pool. I've been lusting after a certain company's (starts w\ a G, ends with a N, has an ibso in the middle) goldtops w\ P-90s for quite a while. But then I picked up my dad's H-535 and realized I wanted something with a bit more character. So now I'm on the lookout of for a H-150 with P-90s and preferably a dark back\dark gold top.

I've been reading some threads about custom orders and am curious about turn around and pricing. Do you have to go through a dealer or can you just give the guys a call?

I will now return to lurking.

Hi everyone -

I'm Mark. I live in Atlanta and am getting ready to take my first (and surely not last) plunge into the Heritage pool. I've been lusting after a certain company's (starts w\ a G, ends with a N, has an ibso in the middle) goldtops w\ P-90s for quite a while. But then I picked up my dad's H-535 and realized I wanted something with a bit more character. So now I'm on the lookout of for a H-150 with P-90s and preferably a dark back\dark gold top.

I've been reading some threads about custom orders and am curious about turn around and pricing. Do you have to go through a dealer or can you just give the guys a call?

I will now return to lurking.

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the HOC :)

Take a look in the For Sale, Trade, Wanted section of the site. Millennium Maestro has a very nice goldtop you might like - pull the Seth Lovers out and pop a set of SD Phat Cats in there for musical heaven :)