Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

A big shout out to all of you HOC members that lurk in the background but don't post much!

You know who you are!  But we don't.  :)

The sole purpose of this thread is to send out a special HELLO!  And to ask if you'll drop in and say something about you or your Heritage guitar.  Consider this a kind of online HOC meet and greet...or even a Heritage-Aholic group hug.

OK, I'll start..."Hi, my name is Tim, but my friends here call me Gitfiddler.  My favorite Heritages are (in no particular order):  Sweet 16, Golden Eagle, H-555, H-150 and of course the H-157.  I'd love to own a Millenium, but cannot spell it or afford one yet.  :rolleyes:

Alright guys and gals, YOUR TURN!

Who are you...and tell us something about you and your favorite Heritages!  Let's see how many newbies or oldies will say HELLO!  8)

Good morning...I am brandyspankin' new here. Also, while a musician, I am new to guitar. I just visited my Great Uncle Norm last night (that guy is NINETY and still plays). I told him I'd be starting guitar lessons on Friday and he gave me...GAVE me his Heritage. I'm not sure yet of make and model but it is cool!! It is mine on the condition that I visit frequently to show him what I've learned! I will do that with pleasure.

Anyway...I found this site while researching the history of the instrument.

My name is Michelle.

I am 42.....Mother of 4, financial consultant, music is my first love. I studied french horn back in the day but always thought it would be very fun to learn guitar.

Hi everybody!

Good morning...I am brandyspankin' new here. Also, while a musician, I am new to guitar. I just visited my Great Uncle Norm last night (that guy is NINETY and still plays). I told him I'd be starting guitar lessons on Friday and he gave me...GAVE me his Heritage. I'm not sure yet of make and model but it is cool!! It is mine on the condition that I visit frequently to show him what I've learned! I will do that with pleasure.

My name is Michelle.

I am 42.....Mother of 4, financial consultant, music is my first love. I studied french horn back in the day but always thought it would be very fun to learn guitar.

Hi everybody!

Welcome Michelle!

Great story, your Uncle Norm sounds like one heck of an awesome guy!

We would love to see some pics of the guitar, and we can help you with that whole make and model thing too :)

Good morning...I am brandyspankin' new here....

My name is Michelle.

Hi everybody!

welcome, Michelle. i can help you with the make already B)

my mother was about 42 when i started playing guitar. and that was about 42 years ago. be sure to pass it along to the young'uns :icon_bigsmurf:

My name is Michelle.

Hi everybody!

Hi Michelle, welcome to the HOC fairy tail land of Guitar. Here we dream, learn, support and encourage each other to continue our dreams of being better musicians and better people all while collecting the best guitars in the world. Just ask Patrick. Guitar is a lot like French Horn, just without the buttons and you can play chords. Its all music though and I'm sure you will do just fine, especially, with your Uncle Norm's support.

Welcome aboard,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Just stopping in to say hello, signed up yesterday.

I've been playing off and on since 1982. My guitar teacher has played an Eagle since the early Nineties.

I have a 535 23rd Anniversary and a red flame 555 that I was told was a NAMM show guitar.

Looking to add a 150, 157, 575, maybe a Golden Eagle to the collection.

I have fifty-some guitars, split across Gibson, Fender, Godin, Heritage, and Electra.

Nice to meet you all!

Hello all,

Just stopping in to say hello, signed up yesterday.

I've been playing off and on since 1982. My guitar teacher has played an Eagle since the early Nineties.

I have a 535 23rd Anniversary and a red flame 555 that I was told was a NAMM show guitar.

Looking to add a 150, 157, 575, maybe a Golden Eagle to the collection.

I have fifty-some guitars, split across Gibson, Fender, Godin, Heritage, and Electra.

Nice to meet you all!

Hello Jack and Welcome. My eyes lit up when I saw you have a 23rd Anniversary 535. So do I. Its my favorite of my 15 guitars. I also have a couple of NAMM guitars that I bought from the '86 & '87 shows. You're obviously, a guitar lover and you will fit right in the rest of us.

post-2180-006928200 1293052937_thumb.jpg

New member here....my name is Walter and I'm looking to get my first Heritage. Looks like I'll be searching for a new or used H150, but I'm not done with my research.

The only familiar name I see here is Mars Hall, who I think I may go back a ways from the Metroamp forum.

Looking forward to chatting and learning more about The Heritage.

Hello,

I'm John, I live in Alaska and I own a Heritage 480 (acoustic model #HFT-480-N). I purchased the guitar in 1992 when I was 18. I still play the guitar and the tone has gotten much warmer over the years. Does anyone out there have one of these guitars or know much about them?

Hello,

I'm John, I live in Alaska and I own a Heritage 480 (acoustic model #HFT-480-N). I purchased the guitar in 1992 when I was 18. I still play the guitar and the tone has gotten much warmer over the years. Does anyone out there have one of these guitars or know much about them?

Hello and welcome , John in Alaska.

There are several that own Heritage acoustics here, though they are fairly rare.

You may want to ask the question in the Heritage section... but be ready, we can't help but ask to see some pics of yours... (we love to see pics of various Heritage guitars)

Heya,

i own an '89 Super Eagle acoustic/non electric...

Thought i'd register and say "Hi"

i'm on FaceBook, my name is Robert Ray Greene - all my gear photo albums are open, feel free to have a look...

the Super Eagle and my '64 L5 are here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=229582&l=8ba8fba6d4&id=100000112344706

Heya,

i own an '89 Super Eagle acoustic/non electric...

Thought i'd register and say "Hi"

i'm on FaceBook, my name is Robert Ray Greene - all my gear photo albums are open, feel free to have a look...

the Super Eagle and my '64 L5 are here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=229582&l=8ba8fba6d4&id=100000112344706

Welcome to the HOC...

I love the Super Eagle and the Gibson...

And the storage of the cases is truly awesome.

What a great solution.... !!

super%20Eagle.jpgstack%20of%20cases.jpg

Hi Everyone,

What a GREAT site!

My name is Dave. I reside in beautiful Traverse City, MI.

I came across the HOC while researching Heritage guitars. I joined the forum because I am in search of (and lusting for) my first Heritage and I needed advice on which model to buy. By the way, thanks to everyone who has replied to my posting. You have been very friendly and very helpful!

I started playing about a year ago.

I am a lefty. I tried to learn to play right-handed but, from a guitar buying standpoint, I am cursed.

I currently own a '62 MIJ Strat RI, and a Martin ooo-15S. Now it's time for a made-in-Michigan Heritage.

Hopefully, very soon, I'll be posting pics of my first Heritage.

Regards,

Dave

Edited by dharv53

Hi Everyone,

What a GREAT site!

My name is Dave. I reside in beautiful Traverse City, MI.

I came across the HOC while researching Heritage guitars. I joined the forum because I am in search of (and lusting for) my first Heritage and I needed advice on which model to buy. By the way, thanks to everyone who has replied to my posting. You have been very friendly and very helpful!

I started playing about a year ago.

I am a lefty. I tried to learn to play right-handed but, from a guitar buying standpoint, I am cursed.

I currently own a '62 MIJ Strat RI, and a Martin ooo-15S. Now it's time for a made-in-Michigan Heritage.

Hopefully, very soon, I'll be posting pics of my first Heritage.

Regards,

Dave

Welcome to the club Dave. My young son is a lefty, I will need to learn how to teach him stuff backwards I suppose. Bought him a righty little Martin when he was 3, his sister has been using it.

New Member here; Just bought my first Heritage from Graham at Wolfe Guitars in FL - cant recommend them highly enough...good people.

OK, here goes; Heritage 535 25th Anniversary. Almond with gray/black pick guard. She had me at "hello." I walked in to Wolfe guitars and saw her hanging there; once I played her (first time palying a Heritage) she was mine...you never forget your first time! Pix dont do it justice...as I know all you fellow owners know, the finish and wood grain on these guitars is amazing. Once I plugged her in, her tone floored me. Incredible tone, the power of the SD Seth Lover's is awesome. Refined, restrained, yet pure awesome control. Short story; this is one awesome guitar! Glad to be here.post-2698-032890600 1294500345_thumb.jpg

post-2698-059863400 1294500365_thumb.jpg

Welcome crazydog,

That is an exceptionally fine 535 , 25th anniversary. Very , very nice.

Many have had a positive experience purchasing a Heritage at Wolfe's. And we're glad that you found us here..... Enjoy.