Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

• 2 weeks later...

I joined a few days ago. I have owned a Heritage Super Eagle for 11 years. I hope the picture I am posting works but I have a tendency for failing at the computer stuff. I own 6 guitars and one Carr Slant 6v 2x12amp. My most played guitar is my 1981 Gibson es347, I bought it in `91 and it was in mint condition, now it is full of scratches, nicks and the finish is about 50% worn off the neck. Before Smoking was banned in our bars here in Missoula, I would open the case it smelled like an ashtray. The smell and playing wear make this guitar very dear to my heart. I also own a Santa Cruz D/PW, a Gibson V2, a Warmoth Strat and the other very dear to my heart guitar, a 1938 Kalamazoo KG-31. It is loud, full of tone, light weight, big necked (no truss rod) and I only paid $300 for it, what more could a person want?

I play my Heritage mostly at home or at jazz gigs when I am in the mood but the size usually keeps it at the house and the 347 comes out instead. I love the guitar and HAD to have it, I have always been a big Kenny Burrell fan. I bought it new from Wolfe Guitars in January 2000. It has Seth Lover pickups, upgraded wood (something called the Ultra upgrade), gold hard wear, Imperial tuners and an antique natural finish. The tone is big and it breaks up the Carr 6v perfectly when set on 18 watts.post-3674-060607500 1297299163_thumb.jpg

Christopher Gray

Welcome to the club, Christopher (zguitar71) .

We are glad you found us and decided to join in. That is an awesome photo of your Super Eagle... beautiful guitar. I own an 18" Heritage also, they are awe inspiring instruments.

The v2 was a purchase back in `89 when I was 19. I wanted a v guitar but could not afford one. I walked into my local guitar shop (Amro Music in Memphis TN at the time) and they had the V2 out with a tag that showed the invoice with the price they paid for it and next to that a price tag with the same number on it. It sold to me for $450, they had it in the back of the shop since 1980 and go sick of looking at it collect dust. The V2 was very pricey at the time, something like $1450 around $4300 today. The guitar really is not very good. The thing is very awkward and the pick-ups sound like poop. There have been article written about them in the past and some people think they could be the next `58 V but I'll believe it when I see it. If it does go sky high in value it will be for sale and I will look forward to an early retirement. I still have the Warranty card that the store filled out but my lazy ass never finished and never sent in along with the bill of sale and some other crap that came with it trying to sell me some Gibson brand shit.

The Strat is a Warmoth DIY with SD 5-2 pickups and sounds great.

Hello, and thanks to you all for providing this forum.

My name is Daniel, and 30 years ago I let a lack of talent and ability convince me to sell all the wonderful Gibson guitars I had collected. As I have gotten older I realize one can find pleasure in simple tasks if one let's go of the expectations and judgements. And I miss holding and playing beautiful, hand built guitars. So over the last few months I have tried to jump back into where I had left off. And, Oh Boy, what a disappointment! I live in a rural area and can't play a guitar before purchase, and of the 5 Gibsons I have tried to buy, 4 had to be returned because of serious functional issues. I had read that Gibson appeared to be having some quality issues, but this was just too much. So, back to reading on the web and guitar forums, where the same name kept popping up: Heritage.

Now I am in the process of trying to find my first Heritage.

Wish me luck that this is the answer.

Best to all,

Daniel

Which model Heritage are you interested in? That does suck about the Gibsons. I sold an early PRS about 15 years ago and wish I had not. In 1988 I could have bought a `59 Black triple pickup Les Paul for $1000 that I had in my pocket and turned it down, 20 years later they jump to $75,000 in value and I could just die. In `88 people only wanted the Burst Les Paul's from the late 50's and they were selling for 25K then, people bought the triple models for the PAF pickups and put them other guitars. Live and learn.

In general terms I'm trying to decide between a full bodied jazzbox and a smaller bodied carved topped semi-hollowbody like a Millennium. Want the full fat warm jazz sound, but am more comfortable with the size of a smaller guitar. Planning a trip to San Francisco soon to actually play some.

I think the guitar I miss the most was the '68 Barney Kessel. But now, with 30 more years on me, it just might be too big to be comfortable.

I have a Super Eagle and I never play it any more because of the size. It is a real shame because the guitar is very nice. I use my semi-hollow guitar for jazz gigs all the time now. A semi-hollow with a mahogany body and neck and a maple top would be perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello !

My name is Vincent. I play guitar since 1992, blues, rock, metal...

I find a brand new 1987 H-535 in France (I'm French) in 1998 and I still have it now. I just changed the Shaller pickup for Sheptone Tribute.

I now live in Quebec, Canada, since 2002. I play in a classic rock/blues band and also with some singer for acoustic duet.

And also I used to make guitar but as I do not have a place to make them I had to stop...

But things will probably change as I'm transforming my old garage for making guitars!!

I love good food (a lot here in Quebec), good wine, good beer, my child, my wife...

:D

Hello !

My name is Vincent. I play guitar since 1992, blues, rock, metal...

I find a brand new 1987 H-535 in France (I'm French) in 1998 and I still have it now. I just changed the Shaller pickup for Sheptone Tribute.

I now live in Quebec, Canada, since 2002. I play in a classic rock/blues band and also with some singer for acoustic duet.

And also I used to make guitar but as I do not have a place to make them I had to stop...

But things will probably change as I'm transforming my old garage for making guitars!!

I love good food (a lot here in Quebec), good wine, good beer, my child, my wife...

:D

Welcome to the HOC, Vincent.

If you've got a chance, post a pic of the 535. We love to see more Heritages.

And I have to agree ,I also love good food , wine, beer and .. Sheptone pickups.

Enjoy the site !!

Hello to all. I'm new here and I don't yet have a Heritage :( I hope that won't last too long. I do have a couple of friends who do have a few Heritages each, so I do get to drool a bit. The guitars I currently have are a 2004 LP Supreme cherry sunburst I've had it about a month, a 1983 Fender Squire Strat (SQ serial # first year Japanese export)I've had it since 1988. I also have a 1984 Yamaha 335II acoustic that I bought in 1988. Anyway, I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and finally decided to join. It seems like a friendly place to hang out and learn a thing or two.

Dave

Huntsville Al.

Oh yea.. I forgot. I like beer too. I'm into IPAs right now.

Dave

Oh, the stories I could tell......

I have known Dave for many years. He is the original Dave who "kept a dead ho' in a cave." Poor guy has access to 2-150s, 2-535s a 550 a 357 & the 475. I suspect he will be a Heritage owner before the PSP.

Oh yea.. I forgot. I like beer too. I'm into IPAs right now.

Dave

Don't know where you're located Dave, and this may be old hat but, in keeping with the Kalamazoo theme, Bell's Two Hearted Ale is one of the better IPA's you'll ever have, they're a K-Zoo Brewer (well, Comstock, but close enough)

Another Western Michigan brewer wtih a KILLER IPA is Founders in Grand Rapids, there Centennial IPA is arguably the best I've ever had the pleasure to try.

Nice thing about IPA's, right now nearly every micro brewer in the country has one (or two), so there's lots of "work" to do!

Edited by kidsmoke

Don't know where you're located Dave, and this may be old hat but, in keeping with the Kalamazoo theme, Bell's Two Hearted Ale is one of the better IPA's you'll ever have, they're a K-Zoo Brewer (well, Comstock, but close enough)

Another Western Michigan brewer wtih a KILLER IPA is Founders in Grand Rapids, there Centennial IPA is arguably the best I've ever had the pleasure to try.

Nice thing about IPA's, right now nearly every micro brewer in the country has one (or two), so there's lots of "work" to do!

Hi Kidsmoke. I'm in Huntsville Al. I agree, for about the last year now Two Hearted Ale is my...er...um...daily drinker as it were.(not really every day but I think you know what I mean). I really like it, and I'm kind of ashamed I didn't realize where it was brewed. My five year old calls it Daddy's fish beer. I'm really liking Sierra Nevada Torpedo Ale (IPA) and many other craft IPAs. Alabama just passed a law allowing high gravity beer sales, so the local stores are slowly stocking a wider varity of all kinds of craft beer. However, at least in my experience, beer and guitars don't mix. A nice brew lasts an evening, but a scratch is forever. I haven't seen Founders in Al. I'll keep my eyes open. Beer of the moment "Hop Ottin' IPA" Anderson Valley Brewing.

Dave

A big shout out to all of you HOC members that lurk in the background but don't post much!

You know who you are!  But we don't.  :)

The sole purpose of this thread is to send out a special HELLO!  And to ask if you'll drop in and say something about you or your Heritage guitar.  Consider this a kind of online HOC meet and greet...or even a Heritage-Aholic group hug.

OK, I'll start..."Hi, my name is Tim, but my friends here call me Gitfiddler.  My favorite Heritages are (in no particular order):  Sweet 16, Golden Eagle, H-555, H-150 and of course the H-157.  I'd love to own a Millenium, but cannot spell it or afford one yet.  :rolleyes:

Alright guys and gals, YOUR TURN!

Who are you...and tell us something about you and your favorite Heritages!  Let's see how many newbies or oldies will say HELLO!  8)

Hello, my name is Milt, from the motor city, I've just tuned in to this site and have been pretty impressed with the information on it. I have a question for anybody out there that can shed some light on this subject. I have recently purchased a Heritage red/orange sunburst 555, actually it was a gift. it plays quite well, but upon looking at the detail, I've noticed that the binding around the body has a blurring of some of the lines and there not symmetrical, I inquired at the shop it was purchased, and he said that this is normal, due to the labor intensive nature of the process, apparently it's a 5 day process, nothing is done on computers and that it is a 5 ply hand made process which will have some inherent irregularities, it's not immediately noticeable at a glance, but nevertheless for a high end instrument I wouldn't expect to see this. I called the heritage factory and he said this is a normal variation due to the old school way of doing this.., he said this sight unseen. I'm just concerned that my wife paid top dollar for a product, that might not be the best example of Heritage's best work. Any ideas comments.., suggestions.., am I being too anal??

I'm delighted to be a newly minted "junior-grade" member the HOC. As it is, I'm a long-time nylon string player looking to acquire (most likely) a Heritage H-575/Sweet-16 to my "arsenal" and thereby complete the "requirements" for full membership into this community. Right now I'm trying to figure out what specifics I'd prefer in an archtop i.e. maple vs spruce top, single vs dual pickups, scale length and the like while I'm drooling over the pictures of inventories at various dealers, eBay and even on this site. I'll look forward to posting a picture and providing you the name of my new addition when she arrives. Best Regards//Bob