Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Welcome Budman13 and bnmartin54,

We are glad to hear from new members..

Budman13.. it's hard to comment on your concern with the binding. But yes, because these are made like the Golden Years of Gibson, they have some of the inherent flaws of a handmade instrument like the originals did also.

The instrument should be crafted to provide a rich warm tone and excellent playability .

bnmartin54.. good luck on finding your Heritage.. and , of course, we'd love to see it when it arrives. Do some searching though the forums and gallery to get some ideas.

My name is Bunky and my tag is my name. I just purchased a used 1992 Heritage Eagle from Redbone Guitars in San Antonio, TX that was on consignment. They were good people to deal with and I recommend them. I'm a Fender guy, but I've been looking for a reasonable archtop and this one caught my eye (and ears). I happened to be at Wolfe Guitars in Jupiter, FL recently, and I must say, that is a very nice store and the folks there seemed to know what they were doing and had a nice selection of Heritage guitars, a far cry from any GC you may hazard to enter. I decided to join this forum because I want to know more about these fine guitars. I've known about them for some time, but never had the opportunity to play one. I'm pleased with this one, and who knows? There may be more in my future.

post-4535-0-29233900-1300155166_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm really happy to be here! My name is David, or Dasherdave, whatever you want. I am a new Heritage owner, in fact I pick my new guitar up on Saturday. It is a new H-150CM in trans black! Here is a photo (which doesn't do it justice) of the actual guitar:

h150cm_black_2.jpg

Again, I can't wait to make the most of this forum here, so thanks for the welcome in.

Cheers all!

Welcome to the club, David.

I bet that Trans Black looks great in person. The trans finishes are hard to photograph sometimes.

Enjoy the HOC , post some more pics and tell us your impression when you receive your H-150CM !!

found this site by doing research on heritage instruments. bought a previously owned 535, will take reciept of same this friday, i hope. had a 335 dot back in the day, wanted another. my research told me that the heritage was a better choice. i play G&L's, a blues boy, and classic custom. amazing guitars. highly, under rated in quality,sound, playability. i have a feeling the heritage will be in the same vein. at any rate i do look forward to using this forum. nice to be here..............

Hi,

I'm Gene and new to this forum. I mostly play acoustic. But I took my Heritage (1986) out of the case the other day and began wondering what model it was. From my web search I think it might be an H140 CM Faded Cherry but I don't really know. Picture is attached. Can anyone help me identify the model for sure?

Pickily Yours,

Gene

post-4907-0-79344000-1301623327_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I'm Gene and new to this forum. I mostly play acoustic. But I took my Heritage (1986) out of the case the other day and began wondering what model it was. From my web search I think it might be an H140 CM Faded Cherry but I don't really know. Picture is attached. Can anyone help me identify the model for sure?

Pickily Yours,

Gene

Official finish should be Antique Cherry burst and it is an H140CM... Take off the control cavity cover and a label will be on the inside for verification. Welcome aboard

Just wanted to say a quick 'hello' as a new member and (pending) new Heritage owner. I'm typically more of a lurker than a talker on forums, but here goes:

My handle refers to the fact that I've been focusing on playing bluegrass banjo over the past few years, but guitar was my first instrument. I currently have a vintage (Gibson-made in Kalamazoo circa 1963) Epiphone FT-45 Cortez that originally belonged to my dad and was, in fact, the guitar I learned on. It's pretty beat up but sounds nice and has great sentimental value. I've also got possession of my brother's Gibson L6-S solid-body electric. Alert readers will notice that I have thus never actually bought a guitar, so after a lot of research I took the plunge and purchased a Heritage H-535 25th anniversary (Tobacco / Old Style burst, depending on who you ask). I got it from Wolfe based on the recommendations I read here and John in the TN store has been a real pleasure to work with.

The anticipation is killing me - the instrument ships today so I've got a couple of days to wait...

Welcome to the HOC, FiveString.

It's very cool that you've already got a Kalamazoo made guitar, and I predict that you'll be stunned by the 25th Anniversary 535 that is on the way. We'd love to see pics and hear your impressions when you get it.

Just wanted to say a quick 'hello' as a new member and (pending) new Heritage owner. I'm typically more of a lurker than a talker on forums, but here goes:

My handle refers to the fact that I've been focusing on playing bluegrass banjo over the past few years, but guitar was my first instrument. I currently have a vintage (Gibson-made in Kalamazoo circa 1963) Epiphone FT-45 Cortez that originally belonged to my dad and was, in fact, the guitar I learned on. It's pretty beat up but sounds nice and has great sentimental value. I've also got possession of my brother's Gibson L6-S solid-body electric. Alert readers will notice that I have thus never actually bought a guitar, so after a lot of research I took the plunge and purchased a Heritage H-535 25th anniversary (Tobacco / Old Style burst, depending on who you ask). I got it from Wolfe based on the recommendations I read here and John in the TN store has been a real pleasure to work with.

The anticipation is killing me - the instrument ships today so I've got a couple of days to wait...

Welcome aboard FiveString, those old guitars sound nice. I remember the L6-S, kind of like a Les Paul body with the rotary tone switch. The one I played had a Natural finish I believe. You will love the new 25th Anniversary 535, it's a Great guitar. I have a 23rd Anniversary 535 and it is one of my favorites.

A big shout out to all of you HOC members that lurk in the background but don't post much!

You know who you are!  But we don't.  :)

The sole purpose of this thread is to send out a special HELLO!  And to ask if you'll drop in and say something about you or your Heritage guitar.  Consider this a kind of online HOC meet and greet...or even a Heritage-Aholic group hug.

OK, I'll start..."Hi, my name is Tim, but my friends here call me Gitfiddler.  My favorite Heritages are (in no particular order):  Sweet 16, Golden Eagle, H-555, H-150 and of course the H-157.  I'd love to own a Millenium, but cannot spell it or afford one yet.  :rolleyes:

Alright guys and gals, YOUR TURN!

Who are you...and tell us something about you and your favorite Heritages!  Let's see how many newbies or oldies will say HELLO!  8)

Thanks Tim.

My name is Doug, AKA HowieD. I recently found a new H 555 hanging in a small VA guitar/music shop. It had been there since 2005. I bought it!

What a great guitar. I think she has Schaller pickups. They sound fine ti me. I don't know if they are HRWs or not.

Grerat forum. Doug

Hi everyone,

Just joined HOC this week but been a heritage owner for over a year. Great to be part of the group. I have an H 574 (rare model according to the folks at the factory) I love Heritage guitars and am interested in getting either a 535 or a 530. No Heritage dealer close by so can't go play either one. Any thoughts? I'm a blues fan and do a little jazz---the 574 is totally awesome for both! Any comments about semi hollow 535 vs hollow 530 would be great. Thanks!

Hello everybody, my name is Erik, and I just discovered Heritage in January of this year. Since I was in the market for a semi-hollow body guitar, I decided to check out a 535, and it was the best guitar I had ever played. To make a long story short, I have obtained it, and I haven't really even used my other guitars since... :icon_biggrin: Keep your eyes out for the video I'll post of me playing it!

Hi all Im tino....better known as Tony,I became a Heritage convert about 2 years back...having gone the Gibson Fender route then looking for an alternative switch back to Gibsons I came across an H575,It was cheap compared to a similar equipped ES175...I tried it liked it,I now have a Millenium Eagle built for Jazz Guitarist Jaime Valle,that I rarely play as Im to scared to scratch it and a real lovely Eagle from 87,which I prefer to play acoustically...Im possibly adding another Eagle in the next few days but Im also on the look out for a 535....just all the ones I seem to come across this side of the pond seem to have been abused or have small faults....but the sellers always want top money...

My aler-ego collects weird and Whacky Jap Crap...most of which have come by way of the US....God bless YA....my latest being a St George with 4 pups in GreenBurst...

So if your looking in and have a weird bit of Jap Crap let me know...I might want it..

Looking forward to getting to know you'all..

Summer has hit the UK early this year( 2 days in a row must be a record)...Barbys up & running beers flowing....HAPPY DAZE

God Bless Ya

Tino

Hey guys its George, some of you probably know me from other forums. I own 1 heritage, love it, its a goldtop, not even sure of the model, but seem to recall h150. Plays like butter. I'll be looking to up my stock of heritage guitars soon, thats why i am here, and to make some new friends along the way and pick up some general knowledge about The Heritage.

All the best!

G

Well, I just traded a '62 reissue Fender American Strat (a very nice guitar) that just never "did it" for me, for a 2004 H-535 classic in burnt amber. He's happy, I'm happy. I've heard/read about Heritage, and in fact spent time in Kalamazoo just before Gibson left town in 1985. I'm thrilled to get my hands on such a fine instrument -- it is the most "real" guitar I've held...it's a little road worn (only a little) because the previous owner gigged, and studio-ed with it, but the setup is outstanding, and the sound of the guitar is inspirational. Can't wait to get loud with her! My background -- bachelor's and masters in piano performance (!!) and about five years ago decided to get back to playing guitar (a better mid-life crisis than fast cars/loose women, at least according to my wife!). So thanks for the invite -- I really appreciate the enthusiasm and maturity of the Heritage Owners Club, and look forward to participating. Now, if only I can find that goldtop H-150..........by the way, I believe guitars that are purchased and kept only for value/collecting, are an insult to what instruments are about -- if they're not being played, they're just taking up space. Get those guitars in the hands of musicians...any way you can! Cheers, and respect to all...

Yes, martyb.. that was a good trade. It's great that all are happy.

I like Strats, but a burnt amber 535 is a sweet Heritage. A most "real" guitar, indeed.

Feel free to share a pic with us if you'd like. We love to see a variety of Heritage guitars.

'ello.

I am so brand new this is not only my first post but my H535 has not even arrived yet! The dudes at Wolfe guitars are awesome, held on to a lovely dark almond burst 25th anniversary edition that I will be happily opening on my forthcoming **cough** 40th birthday. Played guitar when young, let it slide for way too many years and picked it back up a few years back. I thought I wanted a Gibson but after playing a few I realized unless I forked out the dough for something vintage it was just not going to be what I wanted. Didn't take much convincing that Heritage was the way to go and I cannot wait to see it in the flesh, so to speak. Anyways, nice to be here!

Welcome Skribbal,

That 25th Anni 535 is going to be exceptional, no doubt. And in Dark Almond Burst.. well, expect to be well pleased with a stunning guitar. Post some pics when you get it. I predict it will be quite photogenic...

Hi all,

I just became active here and have enjoyed looking over some of the topics. I have played for 45 years ans atarted collecting around 92/93. Must have bought and sold about 50 guitars since then. I was always a Gibson archtop fan and that naturally led to a keen interest in Heritage. I've owned a couple of L5CESs, a Byrdland and a few thinlines along the way. I had my heart set on a LaGrande, went up to Elderly with buying one they had in mind. But they had a Fratello there that blew me away and I bought it instead. A few years later I compared a Golden Eagle to the Fratello and came to the conclusion the Fratello sounded best........by about 1/2 of 1 degree! And considering the price NO ONE COULD GO WRONG WITH A GOLDEN EAGLE!

So a Golden Eagle is my primary jazz guitar today. I did put a Benedetto floating pickup on it, which I believe makes the Heritage the best I've ever owned. So for those who wonder about Benedettos, Gibsons, I'd say they're great. But for the money, you will never again find a better bargain than Heritage. For those interested I responded to a post in Heritage guitars on upgrades with a pic.

Nice to be here.