Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

A big shout out to all of you HOC members that lurk in the background but don't post much!

You know who you are!  But we don't.  :)

The sole purpose of this thread is to send out a special HELLO!  And to ask if you'll drop in and say something about you or your Heritage guitar.  Consider this a kind of online HOC meet and greet...or even a Heritage-Aholic group hug.

OK, I'll start..."Hi, my name is Tim, but my friends here call me Gitfiddler.  My favorite Heritages are (in no particular order):  Sweet 16, Golden Eagle, H-555, H-150 and of course the H-157.  I'd love to own a Millenium, but cannot spell it or afford one yet.  :rolleyes:

Alright guys and gals, YOUR TURN!

Who are you...and tell us something about you and your favorite Heritages!  Let's see how many newbies or oldies will say HELLO!  8)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Good concept, 'fiddler!  I'm Rob, in a parallel universe, "Yoslate" here.  I have a custom spec 150, a modded 576, and I think I'm about two weeks from delivery of a custom spec'd Super Eagle.  I've enjoyed the camaraderie, and vast expertise and experience on this forum immensely!!  Some very fine cats in here!!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the invite.

My name is Casey and my handle here is y2kc. I currently am the owner of a "c" series h-140.

I have been a collector of pre-bbe G&L's since 1991 and recently have started to focus on early h-140's. If anyone would want to make a trade, I am open.

It has taken a little tweeking but I am beginning to understand the Schaller pickups. Leo Fender chose those as well for some of the 1980's G&l's he made. Didn't like them then and don't really like them now.

Lurking here has helped me learn a tad about the Heritage guitars. I am not a big fan of modern day Gibson and Heritage fits the bill perfectly.

Thanks,

y2kc

• Downvote 1

Hi, I'm Jacques here & in the rest of the universe. I live in The Netherlands. I started out in 2005 with an H 535, followed a year later by an H 150. When I ran into some old Heritage guitars from the builder's experimental strat-type era for very little money, I dived into those guitars. Some have remained unaltered, like a delicious H 162 (including Schaller pickups which are excellent in this guitar) and an H 127 (that I traded for a paint job in my house by a good guitar loving old friend. The Schallers on that one I didn't like.) My last Heritage is a VIP2 and due to the same problems with the Schallers I put in Seymour Duncan AlnicoII Pro humbuckers. The VIP2 and I are still getting acquainted.

I want to stop collecting Heritages.

I want to stop collecting Heritages.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

First off a karma point for y2kc for speaking up.

I'm Ron and I have a Heritage problem....... '96 535, '95 535, '90 HFT-445 and a '93 HFT-475.  Two of my friends each have an H-150 and one of them has a 550.  That makes 7 Heritage guitars between us.  Some times when we play I will get lost in the finish of one of the other guitars.  What works of art!

I also have a "blues Jones."  It is killing one of the other guitar players.  I might just finish him off tonight.  >:D

Hi, I'm Brent

I love Heritage guitars.

I currently have a Gary Moore, A Stat Deluxe and a H 170.....I'm working on acquiring more, will it ever end?????

I enjoy living so close to the Heritage Factory...they are a good group!  I am also one of the hosts of the "Parson Street Pilgrimage" comming in July.  (all you news guys need to check that out and be a part of this event if possible)

• Upvote 1

My name isn't Dick, and I have:

A first run H-137D in cherry:

width=320 height=480http://www.shermonster.org/gallery/d/1320-2/IMG_3263.JPG[/img]

An NOS, C-series H-160V in white which has mellowed to a nice custard yellow:

width=600 height=399http://www.shermonster.org/gallery/d/1401-2/img_5153j.jpg[/img]

And a Millennium Double Cut (DC) with HRWs:

width=600 height=450http://www.shermonster.org/gallery/d/1356-4/warmoth+005.jpg[/img]

(Maybe we can get a mod to sticky the thread, eh?)

:lurk:

Hi, My name is Scott, and I'm an addict.. It's been 2 days since I last played.. (and I really need another fix.. NOW!!)

Sorry, wrong type of intro..  :occasion14:

I have a H-157 (black beauty type..) which pretty much fulfills a dream of being the guitar I've always wanted to own.

I've never been much good at guitar, but have always enjoyed playing. A significant influence on me was the guy who tought me guitar when I was in high-school (secondary school). He had the most awesome 70's vintage LP Black Beauty, and sometimes when he tought I had actually practiced, I'd get to play it..  :love4: . I promised myself that when I finally got decent, I'd buy myself one. Well... years later I'm still not very good, but at least now I have a nice guitar.  My uncle, a much better player than I am, introduced me to The Heritage a few years back. He has a 150, and when I realized that I could essentially get the guitar I remembered playing as a teeny-bopper at a fraction of the over inflated g-word prices, I decided to go for it, and purchased my H-157.. I'm still not worthy.. but seeing as I'll never be worthy.. I figured might as well be happy :headbang:

I played in band back in high-school and early college but then basically didn't play much for the next  20 years (it wasn't a very good band... BTW). After having done my back in a few years ago (apparently too much Rugby..), I've had to give up my physical type activities, and have gotten back into playing guitar, as a hobby that doesn't involve people kicking me or trying to knock me down. These days I'll play to entertain my wife, or drunken friends down at the beach, but mostly I spend playing time in my little home studio room making random  noises (electric and acoustic) and generally being a guy!

Hey, not Dick.  The H-160V photo is particularly pleasing, really a nice shot!  It's the angle we have on any guitar we play, making the photo very intimate.  I've a karma up for you for posting that one.  Just a nice shot!  Thanks!            8)

Thundersteel here--no, that's not my real name. I'm also one of the site's moderators.  :police:

Currently, I have an H150CM LW, an H575 Custom, and an H150CM P90 in layaway (but I'll have it in a couple weeks!)

I really enjoy interacting with you all.

Hey, it is great to hear from some of the regulars here.   

Now let's get a few more of the 400+ HOC members that have not posted to chime in.   :newbie::wav::newbie:

yeah, come one guys and gals, we wont bite..... ;D

Hi my name is Paul, skydog52 on this fun forum. I started playing late in life 40ish, I am now 53.

I enjoy playing when ever I can. I am not that great a player but I am improving and guess what

the lesson I preach to my kids is practice makes perfect. (It actually works!) I first heard about Heritage

guitar when channel 7 in Detroit did a story on the great fellows there. I bought my first Heritage in 1992. A H-555.

I ordered it from Elderly in Lansing. It is the guitar I pick up first and play. I have recently ordered and received

a H-157 and a Millennium DC,  I ordered those from The Music Man in Brighton dealing with the owner Mike who

has always treated me right. I have owned quite a few guitars and the Heritages have always been the best quality,

especially for the price. I am going to try and make the trip in July. Look forward to meeting all you H owners.

Pick it up and play ;D

Great idea to get some of us to come out of the woodwork.  I have been following the forum for about 9 months now.  I found it while researching Heritage guitars before I bought one.  I had been looking for several years at the G name guitars, and just could not afford them.  I came across the Wolfe guitars site and that was my intro to Heritage.  I am now a proud owner of a tobacco burst H-150CM. 

I am a lifelong guitar player (it all began when I was 8 and my uncle played Led Zeppelin 1 for me), but am only a moderate player.  I jam with some friends every few months, but mainly play for myself.  I also have a late 70's Bradley Strat, a Jackson Kelly (I am a closet metal fan, love Testament) and a mid-70's Alvarez acoustic.

I can't make the HOC trip to K-zoo this year because we are expecting our 4th child.  But I plan on going next year.

Also, this is for BrentRocks:

GO WINGS! (I am a hockey player and Wings fan).

Hello to all!  My name is John and I play in a band called This Side Up in the Dayton, Ohio area.  I have a Heritage CM-140 Custom.  It has block inlays.  I bought it at Good News Music in Traverse City Michigan in 1989.  I was stationed at Wurtsmith Air Force Base in Eastern Michigan and had driven over to Traverse City because when I was a child, that was where we went every year on vacatiion.  We used to rent a cabin on Lake Leelanau and just spend a couple weeks fishing and swimming.  I also had read in Guitar Player Magazine that Good News Music was one of the best guitar stores in the eastern half on the U.S.  Well, we stopped at Good News and they had 2 of these for a really low price, one was Cherry Sunburst and the other was Honeyburst.  I played both and thought they were both quite nice.  My wife was impressed by the guitarand wanted to buy one then, but I already had 5 or 6 guitars at the time and decided not to buy.  We started the drive home and my wife just kept asking if I was sure I didn't want one of those guitars.  I gave in and we turned around and went back.  I bought the Honeyburst and it has been my main guitar ever since.  When it was new, the neck used to move quite a bit and required truss rod adjustments and setups every couple months.  Now that it has aged, the neck has settled down and I just have to tweak the neck every couple years.  I still have quite a few guitars and basses.  The bassist in This Side Up plays one of my basses.  I am currently on a cheap guitar kick.  I like buying cheap guitars and giving them a makeover.  However, I mostly use the 140.  I did replace the Schallers with GFS pups.  I have a GFS "59" in the neck and a FAT PAF at the bridge.  The pups are really much better than most people give them credit for.  One thing I did notice about my 140 was that there was an excessive amount of solder on all the joints and pots.  That was one thing I did early on was to re-solder all the connections and it seemed to quiet it down quite a bit.  I do have a question for all here.  When I replaced the pups I found the pup rings are smaller on my Heritage than a standard pup ring.  Where do all of you get your pup rings?  I really enjoy learning about my Heritage from reading all of your posts and am considering attending the "gathering" up in Kalamazoo.  My other 2 main guitars are a G&L Asat Classic that came with a certificate that both George and Leo had worked on my guitar.  My other main guitar is an Oscar Schmidt Semi-Hollow.  It was one of the cheap $150 guitars sold on one of the Catalog/ website music stores.  It really has one of the best necks I've ever played.  I have decided to replace the pups on that one.  Anyway, after all that, I love my Heritage the most, I have 9 guitars now.  I only have one Heritage.  I think I've written enough to count for a couple posts.  If you want to see my Heritage you'll have to go to my bands website.  www.thissideup.us  I can't seem to get pictures to upload to this site.  I've tried a couple times.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!

Welcome to the 'HOC anonymous support group'!!

Tobacco Burst and JGauker, thanks for your great posts.

Now, you KNEW this was coming........................................... :this_thread_is_useless_withou :this_thread_is_useless_withou :this_thread_is_useless_withou

Since JGauker has a website, try right-clicking on your photo, highlight the Properties 'address' url link and paste it here using the 'image' icon.

This was my personal favorite...

IMG_1928.JPG

Believe it or not, I don't have any pictures of my guitars at this point.

I will try to take some digital photos this weekend and post them.

For what it is worth, the folks at Wolfe are fantastic and made buying a guitar over the internet an easy proposition.  They will definitely get more business from me in the future.

They are great representatives for Heritage.

Hi all,

I'm a lefty player named Paul, livin' up here in the rural prairies of Canada, and I've recently acquired my first Heritage. I'm 54 (today, as it happens), and am lucky to be recently retired. Yeahhhh !!!

Enough about me - my main guitar is a left-handed '92 Golden Eagle in antique sunburst, and she's now got a Benedetto S6 floater, and man - what a guitar !!

I've had her since late last summer when, sweating profusely, I hit the BIN on Ebay just after it was listed. I got an incredible deal on an outstanding instrument.

You almost never see great deals on quality left-handed gear. This was a noteable exception, and I'm glad I jumped on this one, as I'm enjoying everything about this guitar.

Anyway, nice to be here, and learn from the collective expertise.

Cheers.

Welcome to the HOC, Southpawl!  Nice little autobio.  The Eagle sounds fabulous!  Congrats!

:this_thread_is_useless_withou

Southpawl~ HowDee and Welcome!

and...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! :occasion18: :occasion18: :occasion18: :occasion18: :occasion18::occasion15:

Your present is your very first Karma (applause) point from me. :occasion1:

You might get a few more it you realize (you knew this was coming!)  :this_thread_is_useless_withou ;D

Thanks for the warm welcome, and the birthday greetings.

This is my first go at posting a picture - and its a blind stab in the dark - so wish me luck on my first attempt. (If it doesn't show up, could someone kindly direct me to the instructions for posting a pic).

Cheers.

Heritage4_edited.jpg[/img]