Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hi thanks for the invite.

Just thought id wait till my guitar arrived before i could comment, i have a few gibsons some of them kalamazoo guitars and they are so much better than the nashville models. This one i have is the first ive bought but not the first ive tried, a few years ago i tried a second hand 335 type guitar it was wonderfull. The shop wanted £2000 for it i went back a week later and it had gone, the model ive got is the one from ebay a beat up h 357. Cleaned it up and restrung it and what a shock, it out sustains any other guitar i own the intonation is spot on right out of the box. Its got harmonics all over the place and rings like a bell, beautifull neck and action and plays like a dream im amazed. Im not a fan of firebird's as a rule dont like the neck dive, my friend bought one and i couldnt get on with it. He couldnt either and after two years on his wall unplayed he sold it, the h 357 looks like a firebird but is everything the gibson model should have been.

Cheers

Lineboss58.

New here. Old guy. Play for myself and family. Build amps part time but will go full time amps when I retire from my day gig in a few years. I own a 530 as my only Heritage. Also 2001 R8 Lester. 2011 56 Custom Shop Strat.

Hey Scott. Good to see you here. A lot of old farts in these hallowed halls. Myself among them. A lot of good information and a lot of laughs here. Stay tuned.

I see you hail from Texas. As a Tennessean I am, by law, obligated to remind you of our state's sacrifice in helping make Texas a Republic. My people were the one's wearing skunk skin hats.

Hi everyone, new member. I've been a TGP regular for a while and recently acquired an H150 via trade and REALLY like it. I'm a praise and worship player and have several Gibson Les Paul's. The H150's have me reconsidering my allegiance to Gibson :) and hope to be a constructive member here. Thanks for having me.

BTW, what is the trick to using a phtoto for my avatar? I can't get any pics too work.

Edited by vbf

Hey all,

New member, Dale (handle is Monk) and new owner of a Heritage guitar. In fact, it has not even arrived yet and is in transit. I had researched the guitars on this forum and elsewhere for several days, hours at a time and finally purchased a 2011 Heritage H150 25th Anniversary Vintage Sun Burst from Wolfe Guitars. I felt like they had great customer service and gave me a great deal. Seems like Heritage is alot of guitar for the money. I am mostly into neo-classical music but, I play alot of country, bluegrass, and jazz. I graduated from Berklee many years ago in performance and since went on to get a Master's in classical guitar . . . I taught and performed for several years before going into emergency medicine. I have been looking for a perfect guitar, "my" guitar, since selling my Ernie Ball Music Man Steve Morse model back in '04 . . . it had served me well for over a decade on many gigs, festivals, and tours. But, I felt my style was changing and becoming more personalized . . . I didn't want a signature model or another players sound. I have been through several guitars since then using mainly a Fender Japan Custom Telecaster and a Gibson Les Paul Custom (a good guitar, but not great . . . and hideously overpriced). Both were sold abruptly when I went into medic school and had quit playing for over two years. I really feel these Heritage guitars just have something about them . . . some mojo, that extra something special that seperates them from the masses. I am inspired by their tone and vibe enough to want to really invest in being an musician again. Heritage guitars really seem versatile too and I hope to put alot of wear on this one live and in the studio. Thanks, and hello to all . . . seems like an awesome forum.

Thank you for the warm welcome, I got my Heritage today and ironically got all my other guitars sold. I am running with a Marshall Handwired 2061X and 2x12 cabinet. Using the holy grail nano reverb, carbon copy MXR delay, and a new T-Rex MAB overdrive pedal. I cannot believe the quality of this Heritage, and after almost 7 years of trying to replace my Ernie Ball Steve Morse that I toured with for almost 14 years I can say I have finally done it.

post-5439-0-70863900-1319894717_thumb.jpg

Welcome Monk. You're right about the mojo, it's quite a guitar. Congratulations.

Thank you for the warm welcome, I got my Heritage today and ironically got all my other guitars sold. I am running with a Marshall Handwired 2061X and 2x12 cabinet. Using the holy grail nano reverb, carbon copy MXR delay, and a new T-Rex MAB overdrive pedal. I cannot believe the quality of this Heritage, and after almost 7 years of trying to replace my Ernie Ball Steve Morse that I toured with for almost 14 years I can say I have finally done it.

Welcome Monk. Love your eclectic music interests you have listed.

New here. Old guy. Play for myself and family. Build amps part time but will go full time amps when I retire from my day gig in a few years. I own a 530 as my only Heritage. Also 2001 R8 Lester. 2011 56 Custom Shop Strat.

Welcome Scott. Lots of us are "of an age". Probably due to the popularity of guitar playing back in the 60's and 70's. Good to have another amp guy on the forum. Some of us like to tinker.

Hi Y`all! my name is Andy and i own a 150 cm in antique cherry burst that i got from Mr Lamb back in 1990.

I love this guitar with all my heart and keep it by my side at all times. I used this guitar in a vid that was on headbangers ball

back in 94. I will never sell this guitar!

Hi Y`all! my name is Andy and i own a 150 cm in antique cherry burst that i got from Mr Lamb back in 1990.

I love this guitar with all my heart and keep it by my side at all times. I used this guitar in a vid that was on headbangers ball

Welcome to the HOC!

what band are you in? got pics of the guitar?

Back in 94, I was in a band called "Menace" the vid was "the undead" most recently a band called "Edge of Forever" southern rock.

i`ll try and post a pick of the guitar.

Another new guy here. I discovered this community while doing some research. I'm trading for WRXPlayer's H535 that was for sale in the classifieds here. Unfortunately it will be a couple of weeks before we can hook up for an exchange, but I'm trying to be patient. Can't wait to get my grubby paws on her though!

A little about me - I've been playing for about 14 months, mostly self taught with internet lessons. I took my 3rd live lesson last night. I'm an old guy too. I decided to start playing guitar at 50. I played in my youth, but the 30+ year break really kills that.

Current lineup - Gibson Joe Bonamassa Studio LP, relic parts-caster Tele, Gibson faded SG, Seagull S-6 acoustic and an Ibanez AS73B that the H535 will be replacing. My amp is a Vox AC15C1.

I look forward to being part of this community :icon_smile:

Welcome Clump. I'm in the same boat re quitting for many years and taking up the instrument again. I'll wager we are not alone in that camp here. Wouldn't worry about it just have fun and be glad the flame is rekindled.

The 535 is a great 1st Heritage. It is the fav of many members. Stick around good bunch of folks here.

Welcome Andy. Would live to hear the story of the guitar from Marv. I was weaned on Southern Rock, it diffused up to the North East pretty well.

A little about me - I've been playing for about 14 months, mostly self taught with internet lessons. I took my 3rd live lesson last night. I'm an old guy too. I decided to start playing guitar at 50. I played in my youth, but the 30+ year break really kills that.

Ahhh.... another wayward soul finds his way home!

There are a bunch of us in that boat. I played from the time I was 12 until about 25. Marriage, job, kids, house payments etc put the guitar in the basement for years. I got it out and started plunking around almost 25years later. My H157 was the first guitar I bought for myself since about 1975, it was my 50th birthday present to myself! I've never looked back.

Now I try to play SOMETHING every day, even if its just a quick zip up the fretboard.

Welcome Clump!

Edited by TalismanRich

Long time lurker, just joined today. Excellent forum. Looking forward to learning more about these great guitars and the people who cherish them. I own a 1990 H157 black. I Have owned it since 1992 and have never really played it but I love the look and feel of this instrument. One of these days I will learn how to play... I will post pictures as soon as possible. T