Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

• 2 weeks later...

Suppose it's time I post a hello here. While mainly an acoustic player my 1990 Heritage 535 remains my favorite electric. Also have a HFT 445 which sort of randomly ended up in my guitar stack. Since I have a growing interest in jazz, it also seems likely that a Heritage archtop is in my future. So far I'm really enjoy the mix on the forums. Jazz, rock, and blues centered on a favorite brand with easy going folks looking to enjoy and support rather than argue. I think I'm going to really enjoy this place.

Heritage4.jpg

Edited by Spook410

I don't currently own a Heritage guitar, but there's a 525 or a Groove Master in my future.

I love the design of the 525, but not so much the pointy florentine cutaway.

So can I get a Groove Master with the 525's 2.25" depth & dual P90's?

Pretty much my dream guitar.

Doesn't seem like too much to ask... :D

Edited by Cobra

My name is Ronnie and I’m new to the HOC. Out of the blue last week a friend of mine sends me a link of the old Odd Couple TV show with Roy Clark playing a killer solo. I hadn’t thought about one for years but somehow remembered he played a Heritage. I did a little poking around on the web, discovered this site, and 3 days later I find myself with my first real guitar – an H150P – and I’m in love. I can just look at her and smile. She’s pretty loud even as an acoustic and being without an amp don’t know yet if she’ll growl or scream but based on the one picture I’ve taken and the lightning bolt she threw back I think she’s got some energy to let loose ;) Thanks guys!

Hi, I'm James and new to the HOC. I'm from the UK, 24 years young and have played guitar since I was 6. I have been after a 335 shape guitar for longer than I can remember and I finally collected one this very weekend. You've probably guessed by the fact I'm posting here that picked a Heritage! I settled on a 1995 built H535 in blonde and it is utterly incredible, great play ability and the tone, where do I begin!

Being new to Heritage ownership I look forward to see what goes on here at the HOC.

Welcome James, I'm also in the UK but double your age ;)

The 535 is one of Heritage's masterpieces; you have chosen well :)

Of course, as is customary: pics or it never happened ;)

Welcome to all of the HOC newbies!!! :icon_smile:

You are all now official members of the cult. :icon_salut:

Feel free to post pictures of your favorite Heritage gitfiddle as time permits.

(Otherwise your membership is withdrawn and we don't refund your dues!) :icon_pirat:

HI all,

Just bought H-575 off ebay...have not gotten guitar yet but very excited. I have played for long time, have 1980 or 1979 les paul, epiphone sheraton II, strat.

Was looking at Peerless guitars but $1100-1200 for a guitar made in Korea? and laminated? Saw the 575 for $1425...no one else bid which has me nervous. I will be posting pics as soon as i recieve and will have my "review" .

I

Hi guys I'm new over here and a proud first time Heritage owner. I am a regular over at leftyfrets (yes I'm a lefty). I really am glad to have found this place to discuss these wonderul instruments. I have had so many compliments on both the looks and tone of my new Heritage and I have only had it ten days as of today. It's really surprised me some of the compliments I have received lately considering the other guitars I own, but hey that's a good thing. I've owned quite a few guitars but there is something very special going on with this one. :icon_smile: It is my avatar pic.

Okay so I cant; get it to load to my profile yet so here is a pic. If there is a rule about the size I will need some help on how to resize. I only know how to link them so far. IMG_0211.jpg

Edited by Alswin

Okay so I cant; get it to load to my profile yet so here is a pic. If there is a rule about the size I will need some help on how to resize. I only know how to link them so far. IMG_0211.jpg

That looks like a nice one, Alswin :) Almond Sunburst (ALSB) H-150P perhaps?

Avatar pics should be 100 x 100 pixels. Look a little further back in this thread for tools to resize your pic if you're not sure how to do that.

And a warm welcome to the HOC from a UK member :)

Hi guys I'm new over here and a proud first time Heritage owner. I am a regular over at leftyfrets (yes I'm a lefty). I really am glad to have found this place to discuss these wonderul instruments. I have had so many compliments on both the looks and tone of my new Heritage and I have only had it ten days as of today. It's really surprised me some of the compliments I have received lately considering the other guitars I own, but hey that's a good thing. I've owned quite a few guitars but there is something very special going on with this one. :icon_smile: It is my avatar pic.

Hi and welcome from another lefty. There seems to be a lot of new lefty members lately.

Hope you are enjoying your new 140 !

Thanks for the warm welcome guys and thank you for making the thumbnail for me- much appreciated.

Hey H, It is a lefty trans amber 140 cm with Seth Lovers.

Southpawguy, I think you are seeing more of us lefty members becasue of Jerry Welch- Owner of http://jerrysleftyguitars.com/ in Sarasota Florida. He is where we get the cool lefties from and if you have not checked him out please do, He always has some Heritage models in stock.

Also we have a left handed guitar forum www.leftyfrets.net where some of my friends convinced me I needed to try one of these fine guitars. I gave up a Collings 290 to get this and so glad I took the chance and discovered a lovely guitar that's even better than what I traded for it. Here are a few more pics of my new baby...

The top looks even nicer in good light and from different angles you get different flames. The whole top is heavily flamed but some of them you can only see from one angle or another, it reminds me of those old hologram cards we used to get in cereal boxes and cracker jacks as kids.

I knew the guitar sounded good to my own ear but the compliments people have been coming up to me and making tell me this one is to be kept for my whole life and cherished as a very special guitar. I can't say enough how well this cuts through the mix in a band setting. I'm lead player in my band and this is surely a lead worthy instrument. It's just the icing on the cake when a guitar sounds even better than it looks.

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

Edited by Alswin

Hi folks. I'm a new forum member, but I feel a bit out of place because I don't own a Heritage. I joined because I'm considering Heritage and this seems like an excellent community from whom to learn about their guitars -- especially since there aren't really many great opportunities for me to try out their guitars. The Heritage website lists five different official dealers in my metro area; but as far as I can tell, that's not correct -- two of them have one or two guitars around to check out, none of which are models I'm considering, and that's it. So I'm very hopeful that folks here can help me out.

Hi funkapus, welcome to the HOC :)

Which models are you thinking about?

One is a 555 -- I've always wanted a 335-type guitar, and I've heard good things about the h-535; but I like the appointments on an h-555. The other is a 575 -- I'd like to ge a jazz box, I looked at the ES-175 but wanted something with a larger nut width, and on various sites I've read really nice things about the 575. But again, the problem is that it's hard to find chances to try them out.