Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hi Folks,

My name is Tom, I live in Largo Florida, and I just bought a Heritage 150 on Ebay last week and received it over the weekend. I am ecstatic, I have longed for one of these for a long time ever since seeing a gold top at a local blues jam here in Florida.. Mine is trans black. I don't have any pics yet, but here is a picture of it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=006  

I hope to be a contributing member of this forum for a long time.

It has Black Back Pickups in it, I assume they are an add on, does anyone know??  I will put up a pic by the weekend.

Thanks Tom

Hi Folks,

My name is Tom, I live in Largo Florida, and I just bought a Heritage 150 on Ebay last week and received it over the weekend. I am ecstatic, I have longed for one of these for a long time ever since seeing a gold top at a local blues jam here in Florida.. Mine is trans black. I don't have any pics yet, but here is a picture of it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=006  

I hope to be a contributing member of this forum for a long time.

It has Black Back Pickups in it, I assume they are an add on, does anyone know??  I will put up a pic by the weekend.

Thanks Tom

BLACK AND TAN  FLAME...NICE

WELCOME TO THE HOC!!!

Daahamn*, people with Heritage guitars are popping out of the wood work like roaches today.

Where did you folks find out about this site? 

*southern spelling for Damn.  :wink:

Oh, and for the curious, here is my MySpace page with a whole bunch of audio (mostly recorded with my trusty 1990 Jackson Soloist Pro):  http://www.myspace.com/councilofone

And yes, I'll be posting pics and a full report soon...

Hi Fusion Dude! I like your style and especially the fact that you record and publish your stuff. I am sure you will enjoy that new Heritage and that in no time you will Fripp away! No tremolo on it though, so it won't cover all of your musical aspirations, but it will be nice to switch guitars and get inspired by the possibilities each of 'em give ya. (there are some older jacksonlike tremolo equipped devils in the Heritage collection like my H162, though)

And I'm looking forward to new recordings with the Heritage!

Hi Tom,

Black Backs are something Ed Roman is involved in. I don't know them soundwise, but Ed himself is a bit of a fraud according to quite a few forum contributions elsewhere on the net. Maybe you could contact Seymour Duncan (or go on their forum) to ask about these pickups. Probably nothing wrong with 'em though.

Daahamn*, people with Heritage guitars are popping out of the wood work like roaches today.

Last night, I was looking at the statistics that are on the front page of the forum and thinking, "Wow, things have really dropped off in the last couple of months."  But, I suppose with warmer weather, and school being out, people are less inclined to search the web for all things Heritage and participate in a silly forum such as ours (except for me, I have nothing better to do...haha).  It's nice to see new members join, and especially nice to have them participate. 

Where did you folks find out about this site? 

*southern spelling for Damn. :wink:

I think they see the H-signal in the sky and just sort of gravitate here.

Play your new guitar some, then go down to your local guitar shop and try some of the g-word models and notice that they either (a) pale by comparison or (B) cost several $k more...

I did the g-word part first--that's why I'm here.  What kind of stuff are they smokin' down there in Nashville, anyway?  ;D

Hi Fusion Dude! I like your style and especially the fact that you record and publish your stuff. I am sure you will enjoy that new Heritage and that in no time you will Fripp away! No tremolo on it though, so it won't cover all of your musical aspirations, but it will be nice to switch guitars and get inspired by the possibilities each of 'em give ya. (there are some older jacksonlike tremolo equipped devils in the Heritage collection like my H162, though)

And I'm looking forward to new recordings with the Heritage!

Thanks!  I do enough different stuff that I could never get by with just one guitar.  At least, that's what I keep telling my wife...

The H162s etc. mostly have Kahlers on them, and I was never really fond of those.  That was back when Kramer had the exclusive license to use the Floyd Rose trem, and lots of other guitar makers besides Heritage got stuck wit putting Kahlers on their guitars.  Heritage didn't seem to have a real good handle on the '80s hair metal guitar back in the day.  Probably better that they decided to focus on classic designs.  I went a little overboard with the trem in some spots on my album, anyway.  I tend to use it for saxophone-like slurs, ala Allan Holdsworth, but I'm trying to focus on legato techniques that don't require a trem.

BTW, I found this place through the magic of Google, after discovering that Heritage doesn't have a forum on its own site.  Non-company boards tend to be better anyway.

Tom:

Congrats on the purchase of the trans-black, and welcome!  On a forum chock full of striking 150's, that's one of the most visually stunning pieces I've seen!  What a find!

Hi, Thanks, I am thrilled at owning it. You know sometimes when you buy something online and get it home the pictures are better. In this case, the pics don't do it justice. I am not reall happy with the pickups though, I am pretty sure they aren't original.

I agree with the previous post, I read the same thing about Roman being a scam. I am not overly impressed with these pickups they are rather tinny sounding, but very clean I will give them that.

I am pretty sure I am going to pull the "Black Backs" and stick in a set of 59's or maybe something else. Not sure if this is the right area (some forums are really picky) but would be interested in everyone's favorite pickup in these Guitars.

I really like the 59/JB combo but already have that in another Guitar, so maybe a 59 neck and an Alnico II in the bridge.

I am pretty sure I am going to pull the "Black Backs" and stick in a set of 59's or maybe something else. Not sure if this is the right area (some forums are really picky) but would be interested in everyone's favorite pickup in these Guitars.

I really like the 59/JB combo but already have that in another Guitar, so maybe a 59 neck and an Alnico II in the bridge.

What about a set of Seth Lovers or Antiquities? 

Personally, I go in the other direction.  My 157 (arriving today!!!) has a set of 59s, and I'm actually worried that they might not be hot enough.  I suspect that my old '70s Les Pauls had ceramics, and I'd be willing to splurge on a covered Duncan Custom or Distortion if it comes to that.  But I'm certainly willing to give the 59s a chance.  And my Axe-FX preamp has more gain available than anyone could possibly use, so that's not a problem.

Hey pro-fusion,

Hows the Axe-fx going. Ive heard only good things. Does it really spell the end for my beloved tube amps? I hope not.

But at the same time Id like to see an advancement in digital gear like this. Its too useful :)

Cheers

59s in the neck is a sweet sound that is hard to replace, that being said, I have considered the Seth Lovers, don't really know much about the antiquities though.

I have plenty of gain in my amp. I use a Randall RT2/50 power amp and the RM4 preamp in a rack case. It is a tube lovers dream, I can use any EL34 or 6l6 type power tube and the preamp uses modules that replicate everything from a Fender Tweed to a Mesa Rectifier.

It is overkill, but why not bring a gun to a knife fight right??

I will have to check out the Axe-fx, sounds pretty cool.

What's up Guys!

My name is Dave and I'm a new Heritage owner. (Hi Dave!)  BrentRocks just shipped me a 1997 H 150 Deluxe and I got it in the mail today.  WOW!!!!!  What a solid, well built guitar!!  This is my first "Les Paul" type guitar.  A friend of mine has a G**** Classic LP and this feels 1000% times better (those are relatively cheap anyways).  I'm glad to have a quality hand built instrument that's made the way they're supposed to be made.  I can't wait to plug it in and let her rip!  If I don't like the SD 59s I'm going to put a set of Bill Lawrence L80s in there. 

I'll be sure to let everyone know how the first play goes!

Dave

What's up Guys!

My name is Dave and I'm a new Heritage owner. (Hi Dave!)  BrentRocks just shipped me a 1997 H 150 Deluxe and I got it in the mail today.  WOW!!!!!  What a solid, well built guitar!!  This is my first "Les Paul" type guitar.  A friend of mine has a G**** Classic LP and this feels 1000% times better (those are relatively cheap anyways).  I'm glad to have a quality hand built instrument that's made the way they're supposed to be made.  I can't wait to plug it in and let her rip!  If I don't like the SD 59s I'm going to put a set of Bill Lawrence L80s in there. 

Dave

I'M GLAD YOU LIKE IT DAVE!!! ;D ;D

59s in the neck is a sweet sound that is hard to replace, that being said, I have considered the Seth Lovers, don't really know much about the antiquities though.

I have plenty of gain in my amp. I use a Randall RT2/50 power amp and the RM4 preamp in a rack case. It is a tube lovers dream, I can use any EL34 or 6l6 type power tube and the preamp uses modules that replicate everything from a Fender Tweed to a Mesa Rectifier.

It is overkill, but why not bring a gun to a knife fight right??

I will have to check out the Axe-fx, sounds pretty cool.

Hey there tsmilliner

I have seths in my 150. I use a mesa, but, seths are unpotted so they get a bit microphonic with extreme gain.

That Randall rig, mmmm, keeps coming up. Tried the KH sig Randall. Got me thinking :wink:

Hey pro-fusion,

Hows the Axe-fx going. Ive heard only good things. Does it really spell the end for my beloved tube amps? I hope not.

But at the same time Id like to see an advancement in digital gear like this. Its too useful :)

Cheers

I love my Axe-FX, since I only do direct, line-in recording.  It absolutely leaves every other preamp I've tried in the dust, and its effects are studio quality.  In fact, I use its reverb for my final mixdowns.

It gets a wide range of usable sounds, with a lot of character and "voice."  I can't claim it would replace a real tube amp, but people I know who've used them live have had nothing but good things to say.  The issue for live use is whether to go with a full-range setup or a guitar power amp and regular cabinet.  I'm sure that pairing the Axe-FX up with a good tube power amp would be devastating.  It is complicated, however, but once you get it set up with a foot controller, you could easily do an entire diverse setlist with just a few taps on the pedalboard.

BTW, my 157 arrived, and I'm getting ready to head back to the office after giving it a couple of strums.  Me happy!  :)

Hi Dave Welcome,

If you decide to swap the 59s (I would be surprised) let me know. I just bought a 150 and will probably move to the 59s from the current pups.

Tully, how do the Seth's sound on low gain?? I bet they are pretty sweet!

You have to check out a RT 2/50 and an RM4 if you get a chance, if you like the Mesa I am sure you will like the Randall stuff.

I wonder how a set of Mustaine Actives would sound in the H150, would that be sacreligious?? They are voiced like 59's on steroids, I have a set in my Dean Hardtail, a little dark at times, very musical though and  a hell of a bite. What are the thoughts on actives in these fine instruments? 

Hi Dave Welcome,

If you decide to swap the 59s (I would be surprised) let me know. I just bought a 150 and will probably move to the 59s from the current pups.

Tully, how do the Seth's sound on low gain?? I bet they are pretty sweet!

You have to check out a RT 2/50 and an RM4 if you get a chance, if you like the Mesa I am sure you will like the Randall stuff.

I wonder how a set of Mustaine Actives would sound in the H150, would that be sacreligious?? They are voiced like 59's on steroids, I have a set in my Dean Hardtail, a little dark at times, very musical though and  a hell of a bite. What are the thoughts on actives in these fine instruments? 

I love the seths. Sweet on low gain and clean. Makes me smile like a loon. Good up to ACDC type rhythm overdrive. Im able to cop a fairly good Gary Moore type lead tone as well. Ive tried using them on some drop d metal and punky songs we do but they say no thanks :rolleyes: :wink:wrong p/up.

Its the combination of gain and volume that makes them squeal.

I think the Heritage Gary Moore sig model had active p/ups in it. Always worth a try anyway. Its not like you have to chop out bits of wood to make them fit.

What are the thoughts on actives in these fine instruments? 

Consider the Duncan Blackouts if you want to go that route.  They're like EMGs with all of the tone put back in.  I replaced all of the bridge EMGs in my 7-strings with Blackouts and have been very happy.  Be warned, though, that the Blackouts are slightly hotter than the EMGs.

I had a set of Blackouts previously and sold them. I actually boght them thie first week they came out, I was so excited that Duncan had a real active pickup.

That was with a different guitar I think it was a Dean Razorback but can't remember and a completely different amp. hmm.... might be worth another go to see how they sound in this guitar. They soundered really sterile in the guitar I installed them in but it was a fairly bright guitar to begin with, iand t might have had a lot to do with the Amp I was using (Line 6 Spider 75  :( ) as well.

I never really tried them though a good amp setup.

I might give it another chance, but I really really like my Mustaines in my Dean Hardtail and they look like regular Humbuckers on the outside which will compliment the H150's looks. ( I actually put Mustaines in my Dean before they had a Dave Mustaine signature model.) It is still the best sounding guitar I own.

Maybe a quick swap and if I like them I can anguish over what to put in that Guitar

I might give it another chance, but I really really like my Mustaines in my Dean Hardtail and they look like regular Humbuckers on the outside which will compliment the H150's looks. ( I actually put Mustaines in my Dean before they had a Dave Mustaine signature model.) It is still the best sounding guitar I own.

That makes a lot of sense, since Mustaine is a hardcore JB/59 fanatic, IIRC.  I've heard nothing but good things about those pickups.  The Blackouts, I suspect, are more for the folks who don't like the tone coming from their EMGs.  The Livewires are a completely different setup and not interchangeable.

What's up Guys!

Dave

WELL..... ;D