Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hi Guys!

My name is Tom, and I'm a session guitarist and part time tech and tinkerer. I've recently been contacted by another tech trying to solve a botched repair job on a D-VIP. The previous tech had removed EVERTHING from the guitar, and the only info i've been able to find has been from the heritage site. We've mailed heritage with no response too. Please help me put this axe back to its former glory? I'll start a thread shortly.

Regards,

Thomas Selmer-Olsen

Hi Guys!

My name is Tom, and I'm a session guitarist and part time tech and tinkerer. I've recently been contacted by another tech trying to solve a botched repair job on a D-VIP. The previous tech had removed EVERTHING from the guitar, and the only info i've been able to find has been from the heritage site. We've mailed heritage with no response too. Please help me put this axe back to its former glory? I'll start a thread shortly.

Regards,

Thomas Selmer-Olsen

Thomas,

Heritage responds to phone calls and not Email and writing.

I suggest posting under Heritage guitars secton as this is for introductions.

Hi to all - I am new owner of a 2004 H575. Will post pics at one point. My favorite guitar after only a few days! Tone is awesome.

I am getting a "rattle" that i have not located yet but you don't hear it once plugged in. I took the pickguard off thinking it might be that but it was not (i take the pickguard off all my guitars - i usually dont like but the one on the 575 is reallly nice). just glad to have a heritage.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm Duncan and I'm based in Ipswich, UK.

Just signed up to the forum yesterday and spent far too long going through the forum posts.

Excellent source of information for anyone.

Currently I play my H150CM (see avatar) in preference to any other guitar in my collection (including my early 70s G***** LP Custom). It has the SD Jeff Beck/Jazz combination.

I play/sing in a blues/rock band over here called Gin Street. We were born out of the previous band I played in called Blue Bark.

I am finalising the purchase of a 1987 Heritage singlecut. Layout is different to the H150 as the three way switch is near the tone/volume controls and there are three micro switches, which I am hoping is a D-Vip system. I'll probably need some help sorting this out when I get it.

D

Hey Duncan, welcome to the HOC :)

I'm just down the A12 from you, a few miles north of Colchester :)

Cheers

Interesting collection there.

Apart from the Heritage, it's older brother (which I should be getting next week) and the LP Custom, I've also got 3 Vintage Peter Green LPs, and a Variax 700. Bit of a LP theme going on there I think...... :laughing7:

Hey guys!

My name is Henrik Bergersen (HenrikB) and I'm a guitarplayer from Oslo, Norway.

I love my Cherry red H137. It smokes the custom shop G-specials I've owned. It has a really nice 59-ish neck and it's not too heavy.

I recently replaced the stock Lollar specials with Lollar 50's for more "woody" tone and I've added a bigsby B5. This is now my nr. 1 guitar. It nails everything from fat, shimmery clean tones to all out rock.

I usually run it through my Victoria Victorilux amp with 2x12" Jensens and 5881 NOS output tubes.

I cant' get enough of these guitars and I'm GAS'ing for a vintage sunburst H535 or H150 at this moment.

Here's a clip with the guitar in action (pardon the hairdo and facial expressions):

Thanks for the invite. My name is Ilario. I have two Heritage guitars: an hft-480 and a Golden Eagle. I bought them both brand new in 1985 or 86. i don't remember exactly 'cause it was so long ago. The hft-480 was on the wall at Baldoni's in Milwaukee the GE was a catalog order. i'll post more info and pics as soon as i can.

Hello all!

My name is Chris and I just started playing about 6 months ago. I'm a big fan of Warren Haynes and his 335, thus kind of why I'm here. I'm hunting for the right 535/555 to get that tone. Plus they are gorgeous. I used to play sax in a former life, now I have a PRS SE 245 sunburst that I enjoy quite a bit.

I've been studying the learn and master series, and enjoying it so far. I'm sure I'll see you all around! Thanks for the warm welcomes thus so far!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I've lived in Kalamazoo for the last 20 years and I have been playing guitar for a pinch longer than that. Although I have had other Kalamazoo-made guitars and basses, I recently purchased my first Heritage (indirectly from the private collection Vince Margol). I am looking forward to touring the factory on 5/9/2012 with my still strummin' 83 year old grandpa.

P5020060-1.jpg

My buddy has a new girlfriend. I think she's a distant cousin of Lucille.

For years I've played acoustic, but I've always wanted an electric, ever since I was a boy. Occasionally I look in the "want ads" (or these days craigslist) just to dream. Well last week I ventured back there again for no particular reason. I was looking for something like a Gibson 335 or 355 when I came across this baby. I didn't even knowing what it was at first, but just that she was a real looker. A little research told me she had to be mine! She's a 2006 Heritage 555. One owner, he ordered it from the factory, never gigged with it, never left the house. The thin piece that makes the 3 piece neck, from what I've read, tells me she may have the choice wood package. LOVE the look of the maple top!

Sitting next to her is the Stuart L. Mossman Great Plains. I bought that one back in the 1970's, I think it was right as Mossman was having his breakup with Conn. Already owning a rare instrument like this, when I learned what the Heritage was all about, I knew this was just karma. Then the real karma set in, my boss called and told me of my upcoming bonus. Done deal, I drove an hour to the guys house, pretended I was checking it out closely, when all I was doing was going through the motions. I wiped the drool off my chin, put her in her case, slapped the cash on him and took her home.

Playing her though a little behringer practice amp right now, but the Fender Blues JR III is already on the way. I'll post some more (better) pics soon.

post-7012-0-27848000-1336766689_thumb.jpg

Hello to all HOC members, John Walker here in the Deep South of Mississippi. I am returning to the HOC fold with a quest for a Jazz guitar. I am still only a novice player, but I really love music and guitar playing. I have owned a H-555 and a H-575, and I have played on a few other Heritage guitars in my quest for the right guitar. Meaning, the one that I like the best. I have my field narrowed down to Strats, Jazz Masters, Teles, and Archtops.

My only guitar at present is a Suhr Classic Strat that I love. I have never really bonded that well with acoustic guitars, with maybe the exception of a Collings C-10, and I love Jazz music. So, I have missed not having a guitar that easily covers that territory. I am sure my Strat could do it, but I still gas for a hollow body archtop.

So, I just bought an Eagle from gulp, the bay, and I hope it will be as good as it is described to be. I have always loved the Sweet 16, and I am likely going to order one soon. The only thing stopping me at this point is a perennial lack of funds. This post was a great idea, and it is good to see HOC reaching out to everyone, and not just a select few of the core member group.

Hey All!!

Owner of a 2004 H-575 - just bought on Ebay in March. I had lost out on another 575 the day before and lucked out (i think i got a great deal).

Has ebony fingerboard - bad thing about it is that now i want ebony fingerboards on every guitar i own!

I love the stock schaller p'ups - before purhcase was prepared to mod but the sound is perfect.

Only problem i had is when i put my strings on (flatwound .13's) I hear a rattle. thought was pickguard, but after pulling off, realized not that. seems to be the tailpiece. I rolled up a piece of fabric and put under the tp and seems to have stopped the rattle.

Now i want more heritage guitars!

Big Ron from Chattanooga, TN here., Just got my first Heritage, a Super Eagle. Lots of wood upgrades custom nut width thin neck etc. Wanted a guitar like this for years. Sold my Gibby L5 CES to bankroll the Heritage order. I love it!

I'm in my mid sixties and have been playing for years. Not any good yet, and I doubt that I ever will be. YouTube Channel is BigRon2176. No videos yet of me but several of my buddy Wesley Crider, a national fingerpicking champion.

I'm looking forward to meeting and greeting some of you folks

Big Ron

Some Pix of my Heritage taken by the dealer:

post-7096-0-01905600-1337721779_thumb.jpgpost-7096-0-63008100-1337721780_thumb.jpgpost-7096-0-70092600-1337721782_thumb.jpgpost-7096-0-45507900-1337721784_thumb.jpgpost-7096-0-28266800-1337721786_thumb.jpg

Edited by ronvermillion

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I am Jim, and own a 25th Anniversary 535 out here in Northern California. I am a relative beginner, took folk lessons 40 years ago, put the guitar away and got busy with school, job, family,etc. I have been disabled for a few years, can't do the furniture building I love to do, so I thought I would take guitar back up since I can do that in a chair, and it doesn't increase my spinal problems & chronic pain.

This is a big investment for me, i'm a poser for now, but hope to improve my playing & hope to learn from the experience in this group. It is a dream for me to own a nice guitar like this, and it inspires me to play longer and more frequently.

Hope to make it out to the Pilgrimage one of these days.