Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hi all! Nice to see a forum for Heritage. Just stumbled on it while looking up a question on finishes.

I'm Dale in Floresville, Texas, and like most of y'all I have a problem...

Bought my first Heritage, an H-157 in 2004 at Eddie's Guitars in St. Louis. (Serial begins with a T).

Thanks much for the chance to join and participate. I had two Les Paul VOS models (R8 and R7) and really miss the 50s neck, but I have come to prefer Heritage these days....price and quality!

Edit: Tried to post a pic, but no joy! It's a Tobacco Burst.

See you in the posts!

Dale

Edited by Dale402

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am a new member. I just registered after picking up my first Heritage, an 1999 H-555. I took a picture today but it came out blurry. I'll try to post a better one this weekend. In the meantime I've attached the picture the store had on their Facebook page. (Haven't yet figured out how to make it normal size in the message so click for full-size.)

take care

david

post-7879-0-70522800-1346978322_thumb.jpg

Edited by sdavidp

Hi All,

I was invited here by one of your moderators. Up until then I did not even know that Heritage Guitars existed!

I have owned a few Gibsons Over the years & as you can see from my signature I have a few other Guitars as well.

Anyway.......after some reaearch on this forum & other places I decided to invest in an H-150CM to see what all the fuss was about. So I bought this today & it should be with me tomorrow!

Will post opinions when it arrives, be intersting to compare it with Gibson LP 57 VOS.

http://www.highendgu...tage/Y18304.htm

Hi Bucketbot, welcome to the HOC :) I'm guessing that you're in the UK (or mainland Europe) as you've bought from High End Guitars in Nottingham. Quite a few of us from this side of the Pond now :)

Nice 150 - VSB is one of the favourite finishes for those on the forum :)

Hi all from Italy

been lurking for a while and now here with my new love.

Sorry for the bad quality pic....

Have all a very good time

ciao :)post-8053-0-96587100-1347984520_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the HOC and thank you for the nice pic! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. My name is Rod. I live near Vancouver, BC. I haven't taken the plunge on a Heritage yet, but I am interested in a jazz box and I am looking at H575s. It doesn't look like there are any dealers within hundreds of miles though. I've been playing guitar for about 47 years, still have the Harmony Sovereign I got for my 11th birthday. Now, if I had only practiced ...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. My name is Chris (cajunboy2k) and I'm a guitar-a-holic. I'm about to acquire my first Heritage guitar. It is an H-150. As soon as the trade is done, I will post pics. I will be trading a 2011 Gibson LP Traditional Pro p-90 Goldtop. I just couldn't get used to the P-90's.

See y'all on the boards

Cajunboy2k

Hello. My name is Chris (cajunboy2k) and I'm a guitar-a-holic. I'm about to acquire my first Heritage guitar. It is an H-150. As soon as the trade is done, I will post pics. I will be trading a 2011 Gibson LP Traditional Pro p-90 Goldtop. I just couldn't get used to the P-90's.

See y'all on the boards

Cajunboy2k

Hi Chris, welcome to the HOC :)

Hello!

My name is Es and I'm also a guitar-a-holic :happy11: ! I live near Stuttgart in Germany, play guitar just for fun and my love for guitars unfortunately far exceeds my talent for playing them!

I bought my first Heritage, which is also my first hollow-body, this Wednesday - a 1991 H-575 in amber burst.

the_nuge-albums-the_nuge-s-geetars-picture52065-dsc-0048.jpg

Knowing myself it probably won't be the last Heritage, but in the mean time I've also got a bunch of other guitars to play with!

Cheers

Es

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, you can call me "jazzblues". Picked the name at random due to what I like to play. I've been obsessed with the guitar as long as I can remember, and for quite some time played mostly rock and blues, but a couple years ago I was introduced to the world of jazz and have been learning the art ever since.

I'm sad to say I don't [yet] own a Heritage. I joined this forum to learn more about them so I know what to look for once I've saved enough cash.

This forum looks like a cool place and I'm glad to be a part of it.

Welcome to the HOC, Jazzblues, and all of the other recent members. We don't need no stinkin' badges or even a Heritage to join the fun around here.

Plus, it won't be long before you end up slinging a sweet 150, 535 or something.

It's just a matter of time. :icon_smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

55tele here. I am new to the board, but a long time Heritage Fan. My first was a OSB 575 purchased back in the early 90's with the Schaller pickups. I seem to trade in and out of guitars quite a bit and let that very nice instrument get away. Another one that got away was a Kenny Burrell Super KB.....I would open the case and just stare at it, but I play in a early 60's top 40 band and just woundn't play it!! Wish I had that one back. Currently have an antique natural 575 Classic with Duncan '59's and Tone Pros bridge and tailpiece. I have another 575 on order, this time Vintage Wineburst, Lollar Imperials and a Trans Black Gib style fingerrest...hope to have by Thanksgiving...we'll see....

I've been to the shop a couple of times....my bandmate and I went for a tour when he ordered his Antique Natural 555......Actually called on the plant when it was Gibson becuase I sell industrial coatings.....at the time they were using Mobil's nitro lacquer, which may now be Valspar (if they are still making nitro....probably not...)

Hi Heritage Fans,

I'm Jack Hicks, a musician and morning personality in Bemidji, Minnesota. Yes, it's cold up here!

I've been playing guitar for years and years. Always loved Gibson and have owned a bunch. Custom shops, historicals, 25/50s, regular production models, etc. Buy and sell. I've also owned a fair amount of Heritage guitars over the years: 575, 555, 2-157's, and a 150.

Recently I decided I was going back to a Les Paul after spending a lot of years playing a Howard Roberts Fusion. (I've had 3 of them.) I was going to get a 59 reissue.

Before I bought, I made a list of all the Les Pauls I've ever owned and ranked the guitars (from memory) based on quality of build, how they played and how they sounded. The two Les Pauls at the top of the list were the 25/50 (made in Kalamazoo, I believe) and the Heritage H-157.

Eventually I decided and I'm back to being a Heritage player.

The 157 I bought is a beautiful guitar... I bought it at Eddie's (Awesome place)... Old style sunburst.

Not without a few issues however. It had a cold soldered joint on the bridge pot, and no output from the pickup! Kind of surprising.

The other issue is setting the intonation. Most of the saddles are all the way back. I know, turn them around. But, I actually have another bridge with that already done, so I can pop that on and not mess with the original bridge. No other complaints... only praise.

The Seths sound amazing. Plays wonderful as well.

That's my story!

Jack

Edited by jackhicks

Welcome aboard Jack. You'll certainly find a lot of like-minded musicians and musician-wannabes here.

I hope you'll continue to support the Heritage brand by posting frequently and most importantly, by enjoying your H157. The guitar in my avatar is an H150 deluxe in Old Style burst that is also loaded with Seth Lovers. So, quite similar to yours. The sound and play-ability is just amazing.

Folks around here also like pictures, so if you have any of your guitar to share, please do

That's a beauty, Jack. 157's are some classy looking guitars. I also like the feel and action of the ebony fretboard Heritage uses on that model.

Hang on to that one.

• 2 weeks later...