Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hi,

David here from UK.  I’ve been doin gigs for 30 years, last 18 years  in and around London and the home counties, from rock and blues to now, all dinner jacket gigs, (jazz pop and hockey cockey) (easy  work for the money)

I love guitars and have been on the tone trail for years, I think I blew it the seventies when I sold a twin reverb and a les paul standard, I have never got that sound back !!! so I keep searchin. This has led me to this  group of knowledgeable and friendly folks cause I bought a Heitage 150 cm (already have a les paul) wanted to try the Heritage cause I heard good things about them.

I can say, the  Heritage I've got is good, although I'm gonna swap the bridge, tailpiece and the schallers, for seymour's, (even my les paul sounds better with seymours.)

Having been looking at your postings and having been pleased with the 150,  I now know I need and want ( please wife try and understand)  a sweet sixteen and 535.

I’ll be watching your postings for any good deals you dude’s spot and hope I can get a good sweet sixteen and 535.

You lucky yanks have great choice and prices on guitars, here in UK it’s a rip off.

So thanks for the welcome  and see you soon.

David

Hi mr blue ... and Welcome to the HOC.

It's usually a good idea to post pics of your Heritage, otherwise the natives tend to get restless  :wink:, worse still you'll get the dreaded  :this_thread_is_useless_withou ...

I hear what your saying about the prices of gear in the UK, if you think that's bad you wanna move to Ireland  ;D

Lately I've been getting my guitars from the US, my three Heritages I bought from dealers and even after factoring in shipping and taxes they were still a bargain.

You lucky "yanks.." 

Now hold on there.  Don't be throwing "Yank" around do loosely.  Some of us may get our feelings hurt.  :'(

Just kidding man, welcome. 

Hi - Been out for a while, but now it's time for me to lay down some cards.

I'm simply Jorgen from Denmark (Scandinavia, Northern Europe that is) and been playing in bands since the mid '70, and still are.

I've got a load of guitars and gear, mostly rare and expensive things, that I could afford in the early days :)

As we speak, I've got a collection of 3 Heritage's in the house, a H157/black beauty ('01). The others are a H140 custom ('86) and a H170 ('98),  I've luckily and happily "heritaged" from Brent.

This IS a quite unique forum with a lot of dedication towards and knowledge about one of the last real guitarmakers of the world, who puts craftmanship over profits.

So to you all in here:

Take care of HOC and Heritage Guitars of Kalamazoo

Hi Southpaw, how are things on the green island of Ireland?

Thanks for the welcome, I just couldn't keep away, and guess what - The GAS blow me away, when I saw Brent's git up for sale, so I just had to grap one of them and went for the GOLD H150P. So now there is 4 pieces in my collection af Heritage's.

My wife had such a strange look, when I told her about my newest aquisition. I guess, she's trying to close down my Internet-account, hoping that it'l keep me away from getting tempted on HOC >:D

What about you - are you considdering to turn 4 as well, or have you found a way to control your GAS?

Hi Southpaw, how are things on the green island of Ireland?

Thanks for the welcome, I just couldn't keep away, and guess what - The GAS blow me away, when I saw Brent's git up for sale, so I just had to grap one of them and went for the GOLD H150P. So now there is 4 pieces in my collection af Heritage's.

My wife had such a strange look, when I told her about my newest aquisition. I guess, she's trying to close down my Internet-account, hoping that it'l keep me away from getting tempted on HOC >:D

What about you - are you considdering to turn 4 as well, or have you found a way to control your GAS?

Jorgen ...

I'm afraid I have given in to temptation and Heritage number 4 is on the way , a Prospect in Antique Sunburst ...

width=360 height=480http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/SouthpawGuy/Heritage%20Prospect/Prospect_01.jpg[/img]

I was also aided and abetted by a certain prominent HOC member not unfamiliar to yourself ...  :rolleyes:

I am right in the middle of a particularly bad attack of GAS and will be eating jam and bread for the next few months  ;D

Jorgen ...

I'm afraid I have given in to temptation and Heritage number 4 is on the way , a Prospect in Antique Sunburst ...

width=360 height=480http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/SouthpawGuy/Heritage%20Prospect/Prospect_01.jpg[/img]

I was also aided and abetted by a certain prominent HOC member not unfamiliar to yourself ...  :rolleyes:

I am right in the middle of a particularly bad attack of GAS and will be eating jam and bread for the next few months  ;D

man that thing is sweet...you will be amazed when you see it in person ;D

man that thing is sweet...you will be amazed when you see it in person ;D

Indeed, Brent, that thing is really looking hot - maybe I should consider a hollowbody kind of style, if I got hit by GAS again.

Congratulations to you, Southpaw, we are even - it seems like there's a lot of Heritage's going from the wild, wild west towards old Europe in these days  :rolleyes:

Indeed, Brent, that thing is really looking hot - maybe I should consider a hollowbody kind of style, if I got hit by GAS again.

Congratulations to you, Southpaw, we are even - it seems like there's a lot of Heritage's going from the wild, wild west towards old Europe in these days  :rolleyes:

If ?

Don't you mean when ?

:angel:

Hey

thanks guys for this site and board ..met some great folks through this,

1998 Sweet Sixteen with handwound Kent Armstrong floater humbucker

1999 One of a kind SAE Millenium with Block markers and HRW

and some non Heritages

I want a 575, I want a 575 !

I play the Sweet 16 almost every week with some other ii V playing gents ,

what a great guitar

I dig this site..and thanks for keeping it going , guys and gals

Hi everyone I'm Jerry and I have an H555 custom I bought in 05. Its undoubtedly the most beautiful guitar I have ever owned or played bar none.I went to the factory for the tour and afterward Rendall showed me some of the options I could have added to the original 555 and I went all out.I worked with John at Rainbow music in Grand Rapids Mi. and found the whole experience unforgettable.I live in Lowell Mi. and am not playing in a band other than the garage band we formed .l I play every day and cant say enough about my guitar. Good to meet all and hope to hear from you soon.

Welcome, Jerry!!  There's something really special about H555's...and you've obviously discovered it.

Hey, we don't have any secret handshakes or anything like that,

BUT if you tease us with colorful descriptions of your cool Heritage, be warned!!

Others (not ME, of course!) will blast you right out of the HOC waters with this silly looking  :this_thread_is_useless_withou emoticon.

Since I would NEVER stoop to such an imature, sophomoric tactic like flashing the dreaded  :this_thread_is_useless_withou at a new member, some of the wise guys around her would.

So dig out your digital camera, 35mm, or Brownie, and snap a few pics, post them on a free picture hosting site and drop'em here, or those OTHER guys will give you the...well, you know!    ;D

Glad to have another 555 brother on board. 8)

Welcome to the Club! Too bad you hadn't found us a couple months back...we invaded the factory in mid-July! Sounds like you have connected with your particular instrument, but...no pics?  There's a tradition here:

:this_thread_is_useless_withou

1999 One of a kind SAE Millenium with Block markers and HRW

Oh yeah?? Lets see it!!!

BTW, gots me a one of a kind SAE, too. Well, according to Marv it is. He said back when they started making them they just weren't sure what the models were going to be. So there are some really unique Millies out there, simply because they were still experimenting. So .... lets see it!!!

BTW, just so you know, I'm not the type that would post one of those Thread is useless smileys. Like this one ---->  :this_thread_is_useless_withou. Nope, not me.

Welcome Jazzbo - you're teasing us w/the little avatar of what looks to be your Sweet16 - looks like an awesome ax!

And welcome Jerry!  Yeh, there's just a few of us that love the 535/555 model.  Great great guitars!!  Definitely post a pic of that bad boy!  Lowell, eh?  Bet you attend the Ionia Free Fair each year  8)

Hello everyone,

My name is Bob and I'm from Southeast Michigan!

I had plans to purchase a guitar that slightly resembles a Heritage, I forgot the name. I think it started with a G or something like that. But I have decided to buy an original Heritage instead. I have lot's of questions though, so I'll be posting them elsewhere. Glad to meet everyone and thanks for letting me join the forum.