Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hi....I am Ezra1 and that is the name they gave me in the Witness Protection Program.

I have alot of guitars and basses. I have owned several Les Pauls thru the years.

I bought a used 2000 H-150 CM.Sort of a cherry burst.

It had a set of Pearly Gates in it and just didn't do alot for me. So I put 550k pots,oil caps and a set of WCR Darkburst pups in it.....the guitar came alive and sounded better than my LP's.

....used it in the studio quiet a bit..then it was stolen along with 5 other guitars..I was reimbursed for the loss but every time I listened to those tracks ...I would get pissed and miss that guitar.

Then almost a year later a guy bought it out of a pawn shop.I worked a deal and got her back.

I have considered getting a R9......but seriously think I will get Heritage to build one for me.

Hi, first post here; I'm Tim. I do not have a Heritage, but I've been lured by them for a while. I do have a Tele, Strat and an older Hamer Artist Studio I picked up well used a couple of years ago. On the acoustic side, I have a Martin 000-15 and a Collings OM-1, which I'm still stunned by.

I'm also a long time musician, one time music major and audio engineer, but I mainly played tenor sax and other woodwinds. About a decade ago I was laid off and, not being able to cope with the free time, decided to learn a new instrument and bought a Strat.

Hi,

My name is Chuck and I live in Queen Creek, Arizona. The only Heritage I own is a Cherry Stat that I picked up about fifteen years ago at a pawn shop in Phoenix. I pulled it out of a pile of Indonesian Strats and took it home for $125. Serial Number B05001 puts it out of the factory pretty early in the history of The Heritage company. It's been well played and well loved as evidenced by the finish wear on the back of the neck - all the way to the wood between frets 2-9.

I've only recently (the past 3-4 years) gotten into electric guitars/amps/pedals, etc. and along with my Tele's I really dig this guitar! I do get quite a bit of "static" when I do any string bending. It's like the Kahler isn't grounded properly and it really gets scratchy if I ever use the tremolo. Any suggestions?

Also, I've looked the web and noticed that the newer versions of the "flying bridge" can be locked. Is there a practical way to do that with the older bridge?

Chuck

BTW, I would love to trade up from my Epiphone Dot for a Heritage 535 one day!!

Hi,

My name is Chuck and I live in Queen Creek, Arizona. The only Heritage I own is a Cherry Stat that I picked up about fifteen years ago at a pawn shop in Phoenix. I pulled it out of a pile of Indonesian Strats and took it home for $125. Serial Number B05001 puts it out of the factory pretty early in the history of The Heritage company. It's been well played and well loved as evidenced by the finish wear on the back of the neck - all the way to the wood between frets 2-9.

I've only recently (the past 3-4 years) gotten into electric guitars/amps/pedals, etc. and along with my Tele's I really dig this guitar! I do get quite a bit of "static" when I do any string bending. It's like the Kahler isn't grounded properly and it really gets scratchy if I ever use the tremolo. Any suggestions?

Also, I've looked the web and noticed that the newer versions of the "flying bridge" can be locked. Is there a practical way to do that with the older bridge?

Chuck

BTW, I would love to trade up from my Epiphone Dot for a Heritage 535 one day!!

WELCOME!!!

you got pics?

Hi....I am Ezra1 and that is the name they gave me in the Witness Protection Program.

I have alot of guitars and basses. I have owned several Les Pauls thru the years.

I bought a used 2000 H-150 CM.Sort of a cherry burst.

It had a set of Pearly Gates in it and just didn't do alot for me. So I put 550k pots,oil caps and a set of WCR Darkburst pups in it.....the guitar came alive and sounded better than my LP's.

....used it in the studio quiet a bit..then it was stolen along with 5 other guitars..I was reimbursed for the loss but every time I listened to those tracks ...I would get pissed and miss that guitar.

Then almost a year later a guy bought it out of a pawn shop.I worked a deal and got her back.

I have considered getting a R9......but seriously think I will get Heritage to build one for me.

make sure you tell Heritage you are a member of the HOC!!!

Welcome!!!

Hello. I was registered here before losing a son to lymphoma in 2008, and losing my wife to lung cancer Jan 2012.

So now I'm back and ready to, participate here again after a marathon of care-giving and some travel.

My avatar shows my H-575 with a trapeze tailpiece, but I originally got it with a Bigsby:

RdNUWQT.jpg

Then recently I scored a used Eagle Classic:

2s3RdMc.jpg

I'm retired from my day job and now I play in a Funk band called "Soul Doubt," after making TENS of dollars playing "dinner" jazz, locally.

Hiya fellas.

-Steve

Sorry for your losses, hope you are doing better now.

Wow! I've never seen a 575 with a Bigsby, that looks really cool!

I believe it originally came with the Bigsby, but also humbuckers. The P-90's appear to be Kent Armstrong "50's"

I had a trapeze on it for a while but went back to the Bigsby.

Hi from new Jersey!

I'm Alan ( Augfive) and I LOVE my Hertiage 535 That Iv'e ha for about 5 months and will never sell.Bought it from Wolfe guitars and they were very helpful in helping me choose. My 535 has a 59 and a Seth Lover- great combo!

I play professionally in The Atlantic City area. I play through a Swart Atomic Space Tone Pro and use a Timmy pedal,Wampler Euphoria and Delay. The 535 through the Swart is tone heaven with incredible sustain and touch.I play jazz, classic rock, blues , and whatever the gig calls for, and the 535 is versatile enough to use on all gigs. My favorite players are:

Mike Stern, Pat Metheny, Robben Ford, George Benson, John Scofield, Scott Henderson and Brent mason.

So glad I chose this guitar !

Thanks,

Alan

Hello everyone,

My name is John and I've been playing the guitar for nearly 50 years. Just not very skillfully! I own an early model 535 which has the 3 switch VIP. Back in the 1990's I saw it hanging in a guitar shop in Smyrna, GA and for three years nobody bought it. Finally I offered the guy $400 for it and because he didn't know what it was, we made the deal. The shop had lost the case so he gave me a Gibson 335 case for it which has the pink satin interior.

My 535 is a special guitar. Everyone who plays it wants it. The renown Atlanta jazz guitarist, Bob Shaw offered to trade a Gibson 355 for it, but no way!

I'll stop bragging.

JohnW

Hey there all,

I'm new here, my name is Jake. I'm a multi-instrumentlist**, but guitar is main squeeze. Born and bred in Michigan, I've long known the story of Heritage guitars and growing up I coveted my friends Dad's sunburst H150. When I moved to Los Angeles after a brief stint in college, I discovered craigslist and the crazy saturated LA instrument market. Even though I left the state, I have a great deal of Michigan pride. To prove this, during my short stint in college, I got the state's outline tattooed on me. That same pride led me into buying one of the first heritages' that i came across on craigslist, which is a 2001 H575. like this one http://www.guitare-village.com/occasion/jazz/jazz_249.php but with a black pickguard. sorry I'm the only under 30 in the world without a camera phone.

Anyways, I love my Heritage and I really want to try some other ones. I'm particularly interested in H530's at the moment. I am in love with the thinner body shape of my friends H535, but I want to keep a fully hollow body.

I am also very partial to Warmoth builds. I have put together a walnut body and neck thinline telecaster with a P90 in the neck as well as a swamp ash/maple neck jazzmaster with 3 P90's. Did I mention I fricken love P90's?

I am in a band called Munson Hill and we're a band from Southeastern Michigan, but like I said we are trying our luck in LA. We're about to release our debut EP.

Here is one of our tracks. It features Rami Jaffe of the Wallflowers on the hammond B3 organ, but sorry no heritage on this track :(

http://munsonhill.bandcamp.com/track/heavy

Look forward to reading more awesome posts and seeing more dreamy guitars.

Thanks for existing Heritage forum!

Hello, and thanks for the invitation.

My name is Mike, and I'm a new HOC member, and a relatively new Heritage owner, having bought a used H-535 as my first electric a couple of years ago. The motivation was to participate in a jazz theory class at the local community college, where we bullied the instructor into letting the class degenerate into a jam session. I'm getting close to my 10,000 hours (total guitar), but still feel inadequate in many ways. And with regard to electrics, I should be considered a rank newbie.

I have a couple questions which I may post as a new thread if there is no response here.

Is there a FAQ on H535 setup? I see many screws for possible adjusments and wonder about their general use. E.g. How well should the strings be centered above the pickup poles? And many others. Or, are there recommended sites or books that deal with setup?

What about strings? I've been using DR JZ-12's largely because I'm not accurate enough yet to not bend the lower guages and sharp the sound. One recently visited site recommended D'Addario Chromes (12's, I think) and (expensive) Thomistic-Feld George Bensons, which are 14's. The latter sound pretty heavy to me, and I wonder whether truss rod adjustment might be necessary.

Any comments on these topics?

Thanks and best regards,

Mike Meier

Welcome Mike.

I'm rather counting on having it all figured out by the time I get to 10,000 hours. You're probably a lot better than you admit to.

To address your questions: I'm not aware of any particular H535 set up guide. I treat my setups the same as my other Heritage humbucker guitars. Personnally I tend to like warmer tones from my heritages and use GHS Nickle Rockers. They cost a little more, but last quite a bit longer than regular steel strings. I also stick to a 10-46 gage and would want to be sure the nut is cut accomodate heavier strings before I'd Install them. Chances are good that a truss rod adjustment would be required as well.

I'm sure you'd get a lot more feedback if you posted the question as a new topic on the Heritage board.

Dear Blunote,

Thanks for your comments and advice. I will post my questions as a new thread.

Best regards,

Miie

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first post on the Heritage forum. After a lifetime of playing guitar , I bought my first Heritage a few days ago, a used but pristine 2011 H-550 , an absolute work of art. The guitar plays like a dream and I see more heritage purchases in the future. I made a long drive from Tallahassee, Fl to Jupiter to buy this blonde curvy beauty (guitar) from Wolf Guitars which was a great place to spend the morning. Everybody there was helpful in every way making a great impression for Heritage Guitars. I look forward in participating in the forum and have enjoyed reading and learning my way around