Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

This is my first post on the Heritage forum. After a lifetime of playing guitar , I bought my first Heritage a few days ago, a used but pristine 2011 H-550 , an absolute work of art. The guitar plays like a dream and I see more heritage purchases in the future. I made a long drive from Tallahassee, Fl to Jupiter to buy this blonde curvy beauty (guitar) from Wolf Guitars which was a great place to spend the morning. Everybody there was helpful in every way making a great impression for Heritage Guitars. I look forward in participating in the forum and have enjoyed reading and learning my way around

My buddy drove from Jupiter to Huntsville, Al. today. He owns a 550. It has long been one of my favorites. Welcome aboard.

Hello and thanks for the invite.

I am now the proud owner of a H555 in the natural finish. Love this guitar. I didn't know anything about Heritage guitars until several weeks ago and had to have one. I use to own a 74 Gibson ES335 in the walnut finish and am partial to the double cutaway.

Hope to meet a few friends and learn more about Heritage guitars. My login ID is jdd55 and I'm from Sheffield, AL. Thanks again!

Hello and thanks for the invite.

I am now the proud owner of a H555 in the natural finish. Love this guitar. I didn't know anything about Heritage guitars until several weeks ago and had to have one. I use to own a 74 Gibson ES335 in the walnut finish and am partial to the double cutaway.

Hope to meet a few friends and learn more about Heritage guitars. My login ID is jdd55 and I'm from Sheffield, AL. Thanks again!

There goes the forum. The last thing we need is more rednecks from north Alabama here. I am from Huntsville.

Hi All...!!!

After being the ultimate lurker for nearly 3 years (joined 07/05/10), I finally placed my first responsive post yesterday. Like so many others, I have learned a tremendous amount of useful info (and other knowledge) from the group and I am extremely grateful to you all! You really are a bunch of good eggs.

Long story, short - I live in a quiet L.A. suburb; having moved here from Detroit in the '60's. I was a professional musician until a motorcyle accident derailed that line of work in the early '80's. Nevertheless, I still enjoy tinkering with my toys and playing quietly at home. My first two Heritages were an '86 H-140CM ACB and an '87 H-150CM ASB. Got them both in '92 but the '87 was destroyed in the 1994 Northridge Earthquake while the '86 snapped at the headstock. It was masterfully repaired by a local luthier while the '87 was laid to rest. I then picked up an '89 HB-1 bass in '96 which remains one of my favorites - even though I'm a Ricky 4001 devotee.

Oh well, sorry it took me so long to come out of my shell! I hope one day to make it to PSP and enjoy the camaraderie.

Kris (Jeetz)

Been playing for 50 years. Got my lefty Golden Eagle in 2004 from Jeff Hale Music. It doesn't go with me to gigs. It's the best sounding and most playable instrument I have ever touched.

Just found HOC today, searching for info on adding a strap button.

How many lefty players in the club?

Hi all, I live in Japan and just got my first Heritage last week. It's a 535, very beat up, but which still cost me an arm and a leg. Worth it though I reckon, anways I'm happy I didn't buy a 335 as I originally wanted to :)

Now if I can only get to stop it from buzzin I'd be completely happy with it...

post-12532-0-25710500-1365778452_thumb.jpg

Hi all, I live in Japan and just got my first Heritage last week. It's a 535, very beat up, but which still cost me an arm and a leg. Worth it though I reckon, anways I'm happy I didn't buy a 335 as I originally wanted to :)

Now if I can only get to stop it from buzzin I'd be completely happy with it...

attachicon.gifDSC00872.JPG

Welcome! That is a great looking guitar! Hopefully you will be able to find a good set of strings and some assistance with getting the setup done properly.

• Upvote 1

Been playing for 50 years. Got my lefty Golden Eagle in 2004 from Jeff Hale Music. It doesn't go with me to gigs. It's the best sounding and most playable instrument I have ever touched.

Just found HOC today, searching for info on adding a strap button.

How many lefty players in the club?

There's a couple of lefty players actively posting on the HOC, with quite a few more in the wings. :icon_pirat:

There used to be a pic on the Heritage site showing two possible positions for a strap button. I think I have it some where.

Hi HOC!

My name is Norm and go by guitarnorm here. I have "lurked" around here for a couple of years, but recently came out of hiding LOL. I had heard of Heritage for a long time, and living in Michigan they always interested me, but I couldn't afford one, until picked up my first Heritage - the H-150 CM in my pic, by accident. A freind of mine worked at Guitar Center...I stopped to get a cord or something on the way to rehearse with a band I was subbing for. He knew I played Les Pauls, and asked me when I walked in if I'd ever heard of Heritage Guitars. I told him I did, and he asked if I wanted the one he had taken in trade, and no one had touched in over 6 months. He sold it to me for what he had taken it in for: $700! I never even played it. I was going to "flip" it, since I really didn't gave the cash. I got to the rehearsal spot and, not wanting to leave it sitting in the car, brought it in. The guys asked: "What's THAT guitar?" I explained that it was some guitar I bought and was going to make a nice profit on on E-Bay..."Plug it in" - they said...3 tunes later all I could say is, "The wife is gonna be mad!" Needless to say, 3 Les Pauls no longer reside in my home, and I still have that guitar and a H-535 which enjoy the stage with my band Motor Honey!

• Upvote 1

Hi HOC!

My name is Norm and go by guitarnorm here. I have "lurked" around here for a couple of years, but recently came out of hiding LOL. I had heard of Heritage for a long time, and living in Michigan they always interested me, but I couldn't afford one, until picked up my first Heritage - the H-150 CM in my pic, by accident. A freind of mine worked at Guitar Center...I stopped to get a cord or something on the way to rehearse with a band I was subbing for. He knew I played Les Pauls, and asked me when I walked in if I'd ever heard of Heritage Guitars. I told him I did, and he asked if I wanted the one he had taken in trade, and no one had touched in over 6 months. He sold it to me for what he had taken it in for: $700! I never even played it. I was going to "flip" it, since I really didn't gave the cash. I got to the rehearsal spot and, not wanting to leave it sitting in the car, brought it in. The guys asked: "What's THAT guitar?" I explained that it was some guitar I bought and was going to make a nice profit on on E-Bay..."Plug it in" - they said...3 tunes later all I could say is, "The wife is gonna be mad!" Needless to say, 3 Les Pauls no longer reside in my home, and I still have that guitar and a H-535 which enjoy the stage with my band Motor Honey!

That was a really cool story! :icon_thumleft:

Welcome to all of our new friends! I think you'll enjoy your stay here. This is my favorite forum, and I'd attribute 98% of that to the people here. I don't even own a Heritage at the moment (although I did have a nice Millie).

I never even played it. I was going to "flip" it, since I really didn't gave the cash. I got to the rehearsal spot and, not wanting to leave it sitting in the car, brought it in. The guys asked: "What's THAT guitar?" I explained that it was some guitar I bought and was going to make a nice profit on on E-Bay..."Plug it in" - they said...3 tunes later all I could say is, "The wife is gonna be mad!"

That's how it's done right there! hahaha Awesome!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Folks, I don't own aeritage yet but plan to really soon, namely an H150 or something as close to a 59 LP ;). The big manufacturer's QC has really disappointed me the last few years, they are really milking their brand recognition and loyalty as opposed to standing on the quality of the product. I would much rather buy from makers that have musician's in mind rather than profit, makers like Godin, Heritage and others have really won me over. I look forward to joining the club. Can't wait until I have my first Heritage!

Hello HOC,

I am Byron and love the forum. On here I am banway12. I have been following for a year since hearing about Heritage from Bob Popek at CGS Music in Lincoln, NE. I have 3 Gibbys but play a homemade SG copy. I have been saving and shopping for a 535 or 155 and hope to buy one soon. I love the positive attitude that exudes from the posts and posters. If anyone has a heritage in Nebraska, let me know because I would love to try it out. Glad to be on board!