Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone!

My name is Nate. I just "joined the club" today as I put on hold an Sunburst H140 that showed up at a guitar shop:). My first Heritage and Im told that its previous owner was a grand daughter of Floyd (Nelson?), master finish wiz for Gibson and Heritage

I live just "up the hill" from the Parsons St factory here in Kzoo and do some business with a printer located on the 2nd floor of the old factory). I love poking around that building when I have a few mins when Im there.

Anyway... Im excited to see an online community of folks who enjoy the product of our local craftspeople here in Kzoo, and who probably appreciate vintage Gibsons like I do as well.

Anyway... cant wait to till she's all mine and takes her right full place next to my ES125 and ES140!

Thanks

Glad to have you with us Scramopolis. Hope you stick around. There are a lot of members from Michigan and an annual get-together in Kalamazoo you might want to be part of.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings from the PRC. Happy to let you know that there is at least one 535 banging around in China. I know it's not a fake because I bought it new in Brooklyn back in '98.

I'm John, and my handle simply means 'foriegner' in Mandarin. I started thinking about Heritage guitars again because I need a new #1 axe and was considering a 157.

I've been here (PRC, not HOC) a year, but I'm from NYC.

Sweet, sweet guitar that:

gallery_14256_442_866565.jpg

Edited by laowai

I'm thinking of placing an order for a custom one. It wouldn't be very custom, maybe just P/U and finish. 157s don't seem to be available at many dealers, and I will be back in the States later this year. I may have to fire off an email to them :icon_smile:

Edit: spelling

Edited by laowai

谢谢 (Xièxiè)

I can't speak a meaningful word of mandarin, except for a few phrases that I parrot.

brahhhh Huí jiā* braah

* go home ... i say it to all the office girls at the end of the day. :icon_smile:

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of placing an order for a custom one. It wouldn't be very custom, maybe just P/U and finish. 157s don't seem to be available at many dealers, and I will be back in the States later this year. I may have to fire off an email to them :icon_smile:

Edit: spelling

Where in the United States are you planning to visit? One city in particular?

Hi, I go by Ezra1 and I like Heritage guitars.

I have played guitar since the mid 60s and missed the quality that Gibson guitars new and used had in those days.

I got a used 2000 cherry burst H-150 CM that totally kills.

It was stolen and I was paid for the loss.

When it later resurfaced I made the new owner an offer he did not refuse(he was not involved in the theft )

This year I got a custom built H-150 CM thru Wolfe Guitars that has a neck profile just like a 59 Les Paul I know.I love it

I placed an order for a custom 535.

Hoping it is just as good.

Hello everyone,,,,,my name is (no, not really) vinylman and unlike most of the others I've seen here i only have 'one' Heritage and exactely 'what model' it is is the reason i came here in the first place.

I bought the guitar from an instructor a few years back and didn't realize the 'heritage' of these guitars. He told me of the Kalamazoo plant but I didn't pay any attention beyond that.

So,,,,hello and hoping to make some new friends here.

Hello everyone,,,,,my name is (no, not really) vinylman and unlike most of the others I've seen here i only have 'one' Heritage and exactely 'what model' it is is the reason i came here in the first place.

I bought the guitar from an instructor a few years back and didn't realize the 'heritage' of these guitars. He told me of the Kalamazoo plant but I didn't pay any attention beyond that.

So,,,,hello and hoping to make some new friends here.

Welcome! Feel free to upload some nice photos of your Heritage guitar to your profile gallery page (be sure to review the photo rules) so we can have a look at your guitar.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! My name is real name is Gary but as you can see from my user name I'm also a proud Star Wars nerd. I've been playing guitar for just over 26 years and have no plans of ever stopping. I've owned at one time or another all of the popular brands out there but this is my first Heritage. I love the guitar, but I am just as fascinated about the company's history and the fact that these instruments are all mostly done by hand, with no CnC work. That says a lot to me as we live in a world where there is such sense of immediacy, how fast can we pump this out to increase profit margins and just overall sense of everything needs to have happened yesterday. It's refreshing to hold a guitar and think when it was being made it was being held by someone else's hands and not just lying in a machine. Don't get me wrong, there are some other very fine instruments out there (I have a few but this is a Heritage forum), but once again, it's the history for me. I look forward to more conversations with some of you and thanks to those who welcomed me as a new member!

Heritage: "No Gibson, I'm your father".

Gibson: "Noooooooooooooooooooooooo".

Hi Gary, Heritage do in fact have a CNC machine .....

heritage-necks.jpg

I thought everyone knew ? :icon_sunny:

btw there's no problem talking about other guitar brands in the family tree area, I'm sure we'd all like to see your other guitars.

And welcome again to the HOC :icon_thumleft:

I was planning on reading this thread before posting on it, but only got as far as page 3 of the 80 pages. Sorry tooooooo, loooonggggg, I CAN’T WAIT, I NEED TO POST……

Hello ALL, I am Nancy aka Mrs. Steiner, the beautiful, crazy sidekick of the Steiner. Yes, I married him! I myself do not own a Heritage, although, I am now lusting over Totonka’s Heritage Mandy (deal with it Victor, your Mandy has a stalker)!!! I am the feeder to Steiner’s frenzy of all that is the Heritage. We live amongst 6 Heritage electric guitars; 3 of them are hollow bodies. There are also now 2 Heritage amps and one speaker cab (sorry, I don’t know all their technical names) they are all works of BEAUTY!!

I am honored to be able to hear the Heritages sing their beautiful songs, my favorite Muzak, always running throughout the house.

After all these years I was finally able to meet all of you HOC’s at my first, but not last PSP. It is wonderful putting faces with the names and avatars I have heard so much about throughout these last 7 years. How wonderful it was to experience a PSP first hand, it was beyond my wildest dreams.

How can anyone not appreciate the Heritage Company? They are all artists that produce WORKS of ART!!! I LOVE that they take their time building each and every work of art. I feel honored to be able to show all of those at the Heritage my appreciation for their hard work. You just know it is a labor of LOVE!

And thus it is official, there is another Steiner running amuck!!! :toothy9:

I was planning on reading this thread before posting on it, but only got as far as page 3 of the 80 pages. Sorry tooooooo, loooonggggg, I CAN’T WAIT, I NEED TO POST……

Hello ALL, I am Nancy aka Mrs. Steiner, the beautiful, crazy sidekick of the Steiner. Yes, I married him! I myself do not own a Heritage, although, I am now lusting over Totonka’s Heritage Mandy (deal with it Victor, your Mandy has a stalker)!!! I am the feeder to Steiner’s frenzy of all that is the Heritage. We live amongst 6 Heritage electric guitars; 3 of them are hollow bodies. There are also now 2 Heritage amps and one speaker cab (sorry, I don’t know all their technical names) they are all works of BEAUTY!!

I am honored to be able to hear the Heritages sing their beautiful songs, my favorite Muzak, always running throughout the house.

After all these years I was finally able to meet all of you HOC’s at my first, but not last PSP. It is wonderful putting faces with the names and avatars I have heard so much about throughout these last 7 years. How wonderful it was to experience a PSP first hand, it was beyond my wildest dreams.

How can anyone not appreciate the Heritage Company? They are all artists that produce WORKS of ART!!! I LOVE that they take their time building each and every work of art. I feel honored to be able to show all of those at the Heritage my appreciation for their hard work. You just know it is a labor of LOVE!

And thus it is official, there is another Steiner running amuck!!! :toothy9:

So, that means no cussing, right? hahaha, just kidding