Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Proton, I might be well placed to design a logo for you free of charge. I have friends who work in the field so I can get ideas. I might have something in my kit ready to go.

A blue Heritage 535 would be light and the tone inside that body would vibrate and ring out like the lights of Chernobyl.

We have a personal messenger here. Don't dismiss it. Send me a PM.

Ron

Hey Ron. Thanks for the kind offer. Almost any proton logo could surpass my blue dot. A 535 at some point would be nice ... its certainly crossed my mind. All good therapy for my Strat addiction.

Hello,

My name is Tim (TJIann) and I'm from Annapolis, MD. This weekend I picked up my first Heritage guitar in a local deal...a 1993 H535. I was looking to get an ES335 when I came across this beautiful almond burst Heritage for over a thousand bucks less than a comparable 335. I knew the story and positive feedback about Heritage guitars. Once I opened the case and picked this one up it was love at first strum man. Pictures below. The guy I bought it from told me it was a late 80s model with Duncan pickups. He was not really too knowledgeable, but year and PUPs didn't matter much to me when I saw this guitar. I dated it as a 1993 as it has the "J" serial number. I took her home and did a setup/string change, and pulled the PUPs to find that they are the original Schallers. I have been playing it through the setup you see in the pics below, but more through my 1964 Fender Princeton Reverb--a killer combination.

One thing I find curious about this guitar is that the body thickness is so thin. I've read in many of your posts that H535s have a thickness at the rim of 1 5/8". This one is only 1 1/2" thick at the rim. Is that just normal variation from the Heritage shop, or were the earlier versions thinner? Anyway, I can't say enough great things about this guitar (including the sound of the Schaller PUPs--not sure I need to replace those).

Just joined the forum and looking forward to my next Heritage purchase....likely an H150 :)

IMG_20130914_141819_900_zps30601287.jpg

IMG_20130914_141705_182_zps26866d2a.jpg

NICE 535!

THAT WAS ONE OF THE TINKS THAT HERITAGE DID WHEN THEY STARTED, THEY CHANGED THE DESIGN OF THE 335 WHEN MAKING THE 535S. REN TOLD ME ABOUT IT ONE TIME.....THE THINNER RIM HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE RICHNESS OF THE TONE.....SO THAT WAS ON PURPOSE, NOT BY ACCIDENT :icon_smile:

Hi everybody,

I guess I'm BigFudge. I've been lurking for a while, ever since I started my quest for my own semi-hollow early this year. I decided to finally post now because the custom 535 I ordered through Wolfe Guitars this summer is finally complete and on its way to me! I'm so excited, I just couldn't keep it to myself. The information in this forum helped out a lot when I was researching, so I figured I'd try to contribute a little something. At the very least, post some pictures for you guys to check out. Jay sent me some photos of her yesterday and I haven't stopped drooling. I can't wait to give her a spin!

attachicon.gif535 #1.jpgattachicon.gif35ssb22402_5.jpgattachicon.gif35ssb22402_2.jpgattachicon.gif35ssb22402_3.jpg

SUNSET BURST IS AWESOME...CONGRATS!!!

ProtonBlues here lurking.

No, my name is not really Proton ... This is a great website and thanks to all for making it so. By just hangin' out, y'all have taught me quite a lot in a short time. Can't post a pic because I'm looking to purchase my first Heritage instrument. Currently nurturing GAS for an H-140. Most of my guitars are 25.5 inch scale Strats and Teles, with a mix of Fender and G&L. The exceptions are a LP Studio semi hollow double cutaway, and a Hamer Vanguard. Would love an H-150 if my back were 30 years younger.

Pickin' for 41 years and counting ...

WELCOME TO THE HOC!

Hello,

my name is Julian, I'm a professional guitarist from Darmstadt, Germany (close to Frankfurt Airport) and just recently bought my first Heritage guitar, a Prospect STD. Really great guitar, at the moment I rarely play my others :icon_bounce:

. Amps are Koch-Amps (Multitone, Twintone, Classic SE12). I play many different styles, Jazz, Blues, Country, Rock... for many different bands and projects (live and studio). And now I'll continue sneaking around the forum... :icon_jokercolor:

Hello,

my name is Julian, I'm a professional guitarist from Darmstadt, Germany (close to Frankfurt Airport) and just recently bought my first Heritage guitar, a Prospect STD. Really great guitar, at the moment I rarely play my others :icon_bounce:

. Amps are Koch-Amps (Multitone, Twintone, Classic SE12). I play many different styles, Jazz, Blues, Country, Rock... for many different bands and projects (live and studio). And now I'll continue sneaking around the forum... :icon_jokercolor:

Welcome!!!

OK, I'm in. I have a Sweet 16 that was my main gig instrument for several years. (Not so much work these days.) I've tried several ways to post the photo but haven't cracked the code yet.

Also I just ordered an H 535 with a trapeze tailpiece. I'd love to hear comments on that.

Hello from western Wisconsin. My name is Bruce; buzzy was a nickname. >50y old, +20y marriage and an accident that’s now in middle school. I’m a reader of gear related internet forums, but a member of only one previously. On a Marshall forum, I had one post about the JTM30 and then forgot my password. It might take me awhile.

Music tastes haven’t changed much; I like just about anything that reminds me of late 60’s thru 70’s rock with a lot of keys & guitar. After a couple of false starts on my own, my brother & cousin got me into a six piece band playing the then current danceable radio rock. As only a hobby, the Eighties saw various line ups and band names with some years having 30 gigs, some none and family/job always being a priority. The last ten plus I’ve been playing Sabbath, Zepplin & AC/DC type stuff with a couple of friends and numerous bassists/drummers. Now we occasionally get together and rarely play out. Sometimes we just grill, drink beer and watch the grass grow.

The gear collection reflects my tastes and my periods of wealth/poverty. Notably, (for now). I still have my Marshall 1987, a Hiwatt DR103, a Roland RE-201 and a Multimoog. A purge funded my current guitars and a few new amps. I got my H150CM from Wolfe Guitars after stumbling on this forum and juggling my budget. I’m saving for a 157 with a hog top & P90s . Oh, and a couple more amps then I’ll definitely be done. Or, maybe, if I’m flush, I’ll ask about a pine top Milli or Prospect.

Bruce

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. My name is Bob but, my friends call me Bob. After looking for an LP that sounds good, plays great and stays in tune ( those vintage type tuners and the head stock design don't help), I stumbled upon a used H150 at a guitar store just outside of Denver. I've known about Heritage for years but, rarely ever see a used one so, I jumped on the chance to get it. It is absolutely the best guitar I've ever owned! It plays great, sounds amazing, and really stays in tune. No guitar from the company now in TN that I've owned has ever done all three of those things for me.

Hello from western Wisconsin. My name is Bruce; buzzy was a nickname. >50y old, +20y marriage and an accident that’s now in middle school. I’m a reader of gear related internet forums, but a member of only one previously. On a Marshall forum, I had one post about the JTM30 and then forgot my password. It might take me awhile.

Music tastes haven’t changed much; I like just about anything that reminds me of late 60’s thru 70’s rock with a lot of keys & guitar. After a couple of false starts on my own, my brother & cousin got me into a six piece band playing the then current danceable radio rock. As only a hobby, the Eighties saw various line ups and band names with some years having 30 gigs, some none and family/job always being a priority. The last ten plus I’ve been playing Sabbath, Zepplin & AC/DC type stuff with a couple of friends and numerous bassists/drummers. Now we occasionally get together and rarely play out. Sometimes we just grill, drink beer and watch the grass grow.

The gear collection reflects my tastes and my periods of wealth/poverty. Notably, (for now). I still have my Marshall 1987, a Hiwatt DR103, a Roland RE-201 and a Multimoog. A purge funded my current guitars and a few new amps. I got my H150CM from Wolfe Guitars after stumbling on this forum and juggling my budget. I’m saving for a 157 with a hog top & P90s . Oh, and a couple more amps then I’ll definitely be done. Or, maybe, if I’m flush, I’ll ask about a pine top Milli or Prospect.

Bruce

Cool story. Welcome! Sabbath, Zepplin & AC/DC type stuff kicks @$$!

Hi. My name is Bob but, my friends call me Bob. After looking for an LP that sounds good, plays great and stays in tune ( those vintage type tuners and the head stock design don't help), I stumbled upon a used H150 at a guitar store just outside of Denver. I've known about Heritage for years but, rarely ever see a used one so, I jumped on the chance to get it. It is absolutely the best guitar I've ever owned! It plays great, sounds amazing, and really stays in tune. No guitar from the company now in TN that I've owned has ever done all three of those things for me.

Welcome!!!

Ketch

2010 HB-150 in Sunburst through a Vox AC15HW1X.

Vox < Ditto < WMD Parametric EQ < Hardwire RV-6 < Carbon Copy < MXR 134 < Keeley DS-1 < Planet Waves Strobe Tuner < EB Jr < EP Booster < Livewire ABY Switch < Snow White Auto Wah < Dunlop Germanium Mini-Fuzz Face.

Hi everybody this is Paolo from Rome Italy. I'm a new forumer but I was playing my H 535 (1991) from almost last 7 years. Always being so in love with this really great guitar.

One strange fact and one question: in the f hole the sheet says "natural" but mine is black (but it seems not to be a refinished guitar at all); and now the question is: can I found somewhere the pickups specs? On detail I would like to know something specific about magnets, wire material etc.

I play through a IBANEZ THS 15 all tube 15 watt head and a custom made cabinet with two celestion vintage 30 speakers. Fender Boss 63 de luxe reverb; EH small clone chorus; Ibanez analog delay; Giovanetti Marshall in a box pedal. I own also a Gibson Les Paul traditional 2009 and a really fantastic Squire custom Telecaster

classic vibe.

Thanks and cheers for all good people