Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Welcome Jawn.  I too find that my Heritages like to be out of the case.  I quit playing for 9 years.  Now I am on the road to recovery. 

My name is Jukka and I live near Pittsburgh, Pa. I bought my first Heritage guitar, a used 1996 H-575 sunburst, earlier tonight. So far so good. The one thing that has me scratching my head is, the seller showed me his original receipt from when he bought the guitar new, from Woodsy's Music in Kent OH in 2005. Where was this guitar for the first 9 years?

My name is Jukka and I live near Pittsburgh, Pa. I bought my first Heritage guitar, a used 1996 H-575 sunburst, earlier tonight. So far so good. The one thing that has me scratching my head is, the seller showed me his original receipt from when he bought the guitar new, from Woodsy's Music in Kent OH in 2005. Where was this guitar for the first 9 years?

Welcome Jukka.  You will like the people here. 

Some guitars don't sell and sit in store rooms for years.  It may have come from a mom-n-pop store that closed down long ago or it may have been sitting in a closet at the Heritage factory forgotten for some time.  Who knows.  :)  I am sure you will enjoy that guitar.  (I have the acoustic version of that guitar, and even though it is a factory second, it spends it's spare time in my camera safe.)

Hi Jukka.

I work in a guitar store. Ive worked there a couple of yrs now.

Im still finding stuff stashed away from yrs ago. The warehouse upstairs is full of hidden treasures and some pieces of crap.

We have a Godin bass on the wall thats been sitting on the wall that while it is a great playing and sounding bass, it has been overlooked in favour of more popular basses that are probably lesser quality but better known brands. Its been sitting there since 01.

If some one looks past the headstock they will get a great bass at a great price.

Also on the wall is a PRS cu24 thats been there 5yrs. I found some digitech rack fx units from the 90s ;D Noisy and shrill sounding things they are. They almost count as vintage  ;D Going to be worth a fortune shortly. :rolleyes:

I think Heritage may be one of those things that get over looked. Actually, I "know" they get over looked. Because people are stupid, flighty, and image conscious. Pisses me off. Some wont even pick one up and try them. I leave one in the amp room now so that they have to if they want to demo an amp. People that buy Heritage are generally looking for a good guitar rather than a brand.

Hi, I am Klaus from Vienna.

I got to know Heritage guitars when I met a famous European Jazz guitarist at the airport and asked him what kind of axe he had in his backpack. It was a Heritage Golden Eagle and he started telling me the story about those guitars and we agreed that we would have a chat in the plane. Unfortunately I missed the plane (which was delayed), he was obviously much smarter than me as he was in, but that's a totally different story.

I am glad I found this forum and here I am, cheers to all of you. I plan to buy a H 575 or something similar in the next future which would officially qualify me to be a member.

I plan to buy a H 575 or something similar in the next future which would officially qualify me to be a member.

Hi Klaus, you will be glad you went with Heritage.  I was just at a friend's house and his 150 was sitting out.  It was so beautiful.... and of course it plays and sounds great as well. 

Thanks for the invitation.  I bought a second hand Gerry Gessie Little One, #006 a while back.  The guy who had this one built must have blown some major $ on it because it looks like a custom built guitar for a NAMM show.  The pickups are HRWs and I am thououghly blown away by how good they sound.  I've owned several Strats and Teles, a Music Man Silhouette, a Rick 370/12, a couple of PRS guitars, several Gibsons and Taylors and have about a dozen at the moment.  This is my first Heritage and I seriously doubt it will be my last.

Regards,

Cig

Thanks for the invitation.  I bought a second hand Gerry Gessie Little One, #006 a while back.  The guy who had this one built must have blown some major $ on it because it looks like a custom built guitar for a NAMM show.  The pickups are HRWs and I am thououghly blown away by how good they sound.  I've owned several Strats and Teles, a Music Man Silhouette, a Rick 370/12, a couple of PRS guitars, several Gibsons and Taylors and have about a dozen at the moment.  This is my first Heritage and I seriously doubt it will be my last.

Regards,

Cig

Hi Cig and Welcome to the HOC !

Any pics of your Little One ?

I'd be happy to post a pic of the Little One.  Maybe its that I just got out of bed and my brain isn't properly engaged, but I can't figure out how to post a pic.  I click the insert image button but I can't get the photo to insert.  Must be the decades of drug abuse, huh?

Regards,

Cig

I'd be happy to post a pic of the Little One.  Maybe its that I just got out of bed and my brain isn't properly engaged, but I can't figure out how to post a pic.  I click the insert image button but I can't get the photo to insert.  Must be the decades of drug abuse, huh?

Regards,

Cig

HI Cigaro. Welcome to the HoC. The insert image is for images hosted in a web folder or some such thing. If the image is on your hard drive, use the "Additional Options" right below the big white space where you're typing your replies, etc. You'll see "Attach", a long white space. "Browse". Click browse and find the images on your HD.

If they are in a web folder, click on the pic, copy the URL of the picture and paste that between the img tags:

[img=http://imageURLgoeshere .jpg or whatever] tag.

Hi Gitfidler

Thanks for the invite - my name is Chris.  I live in Exeter, UK and only recently discovered Heritages - they are still a well kept secret over here.  Found a lovely blonde H-535 from 1990 that was owned by a collector and looks like it has never been played in anger. Just had to replace the pickup selector - which seems to have seized from lack of use!

Wonder if anyone can help on a couple of issus.  The frets on my 535 seem very high, particularly at the nut end, so fretting a fixed note on bottom E gets tricky as the pitch varies alot according to finger pressure.  Is this a fret or nut problem?

Also does anyone know anything about / have opinions on the H-101 model? I have a chance to buy one but have no idea what it is worth.

Thanks

Chris

Heritage PS front.JPG

Heritage PS front.JPG_thumb

Hi Gitfidler

Thanks for the invite - my name is Chris.  I live in Exeter, UK and only recently discovered Heritages - they are still a well kept secret over here.  Found a lovely blonde H-535 from 1990 that was owned by a collector and looks like it has never been played in anger. Just had to replace the pickup selector - which seems to have seized from lack of use!

Wonder if anyone can help on a couple of issus.  The frets on my 535 seem very high, particularly at the nut end, so fretting a fixed note on bottom E gets tricky as the pitch varies alot according to finger pressure.  Is this a fret or nut problem?

Also does anyone know anything about / have opinions on the H-101 model? I have a chance to buy one but have no idea what it is worth.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris...Welcome!

nice 535!  as far as the guitar in the pic, i really dont know.  i have seen that on ebay a few months ago.  it is a Heritage neck, but the body?????????  proceed w/ caution!!!

Hello Chris.  Welcomd to the HOC.

It sounds like your H535 could use a full-on fret level job.  Hopefully you've got a local guitar tech who can do a proper set-up of your guitar.  Heritage has improved on its quality control and set-ups in recent years.  Yours sounds like one that never had the TLC it deserved.  Glad it made it to a happy home.

Hi There Folks,

My name is Fons (45 yo) and I live in a very small, tiny country, called the Netherlands. I'am not a Heritage owner yet, but I will become one next weekend. I surfed for weeks on the internet to find myself a new guitar and studied al kinds of brands. Suddenly there she was: the H 575. I immediately fell in love with here. Love at first sight, you know!  :love3::love4: There's no doubt about it anymore: I definitely going to buy the H 575. So I decided to become a member of the Heritage Owners Club.

CU,

Fons

Hi There Folks,

My name is Fons (45 yo) and I live in a very small, tiny country, called the Netherlands. I'am not a Heritage owner yet, but I will become one next weekend. I surfed for weeks on the internet to find myself a new guitar and studied al kinds of brands. Suddenly there she was: the H 575. I immediately fell in love with here. Love at first sight, you know!  :love3::love4: There's no doubt about it anymore: I definitely going to buy the H 575. So I decided to become a member of the Heritage Owners Club.

CU,

Fons

Congrats on your purchase...those are sweet axes!!!

Welcome to the club....i have relitives in Belgium....i have been in your neck of the woods a couple times ;D

Hi, everyone,

I recently picked up a later model stock Prospect after owning an H535.  I like the Prospect much better but maybe that's because I had a fair amount done to it by luthier, Mike Lull in Seattle.  It required fret re-gluing (as did my H535) a nut replacement and PLEK.  Now it's the cat's meow...my main rig on stage, along with a G&L Bluesboy. At some point I may end up replacing the stock Schaller p-ups but I'm researching what others are saying and results they are getting.  Any ideas pass them my way!

Rick 8)

Hi, everyone,

I recently picked up a later model stock Prospect after owning an H535.  I like the Prospect much better but maybe that's because I had a fair amount done to it by luthier, Mike Lull in Seattle.  It required fret re-gluing (as did my H535) a nut replacement and PLEK.  Now it's the cat's meow...my main rig on stage, along with a G&L Bluesboy. At some point I may end up replacing the stock Schaller p-ups but I'm researching what others are saying and results they are getting.  Any ideas pass them my way!

Rick 8)

Welcome Rick!

lets see some pics... ;D

Fons and Rick~ [glow=red,2,300]WELCOME![/glow]

If Mike Lull worked on your Heritage, I'm sure she's purring like a happy kitty.

As another Bluesboy player, I can vouch that they are the perfect compliment to a 535 for live playing.