Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

I recently acquired an H-535 (AWB) and I could not be more pleased. I also own the following:

• 1968 Gibson ES 345 TDW

• 1987 Strat Plus

• 1957 Custom Shop CC Strat (2013)

• 1952 AV Telecaster Hod Rod (2012)

• Breedlove Focus SE (2011)

• Martin D-18 (2013); and,

I will tell you that nothing has the tonal range and sustain exhibited by my new H-535. The Vintage Wineburst finish is simply beauty to behold. Actually, it combines the best of the two things which I could not make up my mind, and wanted most — 1959 Gibson 335 Cherry Red, or a 1959 Sunburst.

I was having the Tele setup and had no intention of buying another guitar (I always wanted a Gibson 335 and it was on my bucket list — don’t know why I instead purchased the 345 way back when). Anyway, tried the H-535 at Wolfe Guitars while waiting for the paperwork on my Tele. I sat and played the 535 for 3 hours and couldn't put it down. I kept looking for an excuse to leave the store, but finally had to get home, so I relented and took the 535 (or, did it take me?). Explained to my wife that I was furniture shopping and found this added decor for the house.

This is a keeper and something I will pass down to future generations.

Jim Compilongo, Danny Gatton, Willie Nelson, Tab Benoit, Deborah Coleman, and yes, Clapton, Peter Green, Hendrix, SRV, Dave Weiner and everyone else who can make me wish I could play this thing.

Post photos of the 535 or it never happened. ;)

Greetings, all. Happy to say that I've recently purchased my first Heritage guitar, an H-555 (specifically, THIS ONE) from esteemed forum member MartyGrass. As I type this, the guitar is in a FedEx truck somewhere in Ohio, but should arrive here in upstate NY tomorrow. I had been looking for a used Gibson ES-335 as an upgrade from the Epiphone Dot I owned for several years, and started looking at H-535's also. I asked another member here, kidsmoke, who is an acquaintance from another forum, for his opinion on a couple of the H-535's I came across on eBay and Reverb.com. He was nice enough to keep me in mind and alerted me to MartyGrass' gorgeous H-555 when it came up for sale, and put us in touch with each other. So my thanks to both of them!

My musical tastes run primarily to classic rock and blues, though I certainly enjoy other genres, as well. I've been playing guitar off and on since my teenage years in the late '60s, and have developed a strong interest (my wife would say "fixation" is a more accurate term) in electric guitars, amps, effects pedals, and related gear in recent years. I have several guitars across a range of values, with examples from Fender, Gibson, Carvin, G&L, Squier and a couple more "bargain brands". I also have several tube amps, some of which are stock, some extensively modified, and some built from kits. I do all my own work, and am also an avid DIY pedal builder. I'm quite active at the Buildyourownclone.com DIY pedal forum, where I'm a senior forum moderator. You can see much of my gear and a number of my pedals at my website at http://duhvoodooman.com.

Hope to be able to participate & contribute here from time to time!

Officially, Welcome aboard DVM.

Gents, I can tell you, Bob will be a welcome addition to our community, although he's not done much for my savings account.

this amp

null_zpsc2db9c32.jpg

champassembledweb-587x600.jpg

Champlifier_back_open_800.jpg

this Klone

Mini-Klon_top.jpg

Mini-Klon_gut_2.jpg

this 'verb pedal

reverb_finished_top.jpg

reverb_finished_gut.jpg

are all his handiwork, and damn him, if I don't constantly stalk him looking to see what other goodies he may be casting aside.

Bob post that 18w clone here, there may well be some interested parties.

And Gio (et al), DVM is a proud member of the Boogie Brigade, with a 5:25, and I believe a TA15 in his stable.

Seriously afflicted, he is.

Glad ta have you hear (pun intended), and can't wait to hear what you think of the triple nickel...

Edited by kidsmoke

Bob post that 18w clone here, there may well be some interested parties.

And Gio (et al), DVM is a proud member of the Boogie Brigade, with a 5:25, and I believe a TA15 in his stable.

Seriously afflicted, he is.

Glad ta have you hear (pun intended), and can't wait to hear what you think of the triple nickel...

18-watter is posted: http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/topic/25672-fs-trinity-amps-18w-tmb-head/

No longer have the Transatlantic TA-15; that got sold along with another amp so that I could buy the Express 5:25. Needed me an effects loop to run time-based effects behind the preamp on the higher gain settings!

Seriously afflicted, indeed!! Thanks for the welcome, Kip!

Hi All,

My name is Dan, handle is grandpappy. I'm originally from Albany area of NY, but have lived in the beautiful Valley of the Sun for the past 32 years.

On Jan 4th, 2014 I traded my beloved 76 Les Paul Deluxe for a 99 H-535 in Natural. I've had the LP since 84.

The LP was just getting too heavy for my old back plus I felt I needed a change, so w/ tears in my eyes I traded her, for the Heritage and a decent amount of scratch.

I've always wanted a high end semi hollow body and boy this H-535 fits the bill!

It's in very good shape (9.5 out of 10) for it's age. All stock. Frets good. She plays and sounds like a dream.

I never played a Heritage before I traded, but had heard all the raves over the years.

Looking forward to reading all the posts on the Heritage Owners Club web site!

Thanks

Hi All,

My name is Dan, handle is grandpappy. I'm originally from Albany area of NY, but have lived in the beautiful Valley of the Sun for the past 32 years.

On Jan 4th, 2014 I traded my beloved 76 Les Paul Deluxe for a 99 H-535 in Natural. I've had the LP since 84.

The LP was just getting too heavy for my old back plus I felt I needed a change, so w/ tears in my eyes I traded her, for the Heritage and a decent amount of scratch.

I've always wanted a high end semi hollow body and boy this H-535 fits the bill!

It's in very good shape (9.5 out of 10) for it's age. All stock. Frets good. She plays and sounds like a dream.

I never played a Heritage before I traded, but had heard all the raves over the years.

Looking forward to reading all the posts on the Heritage Owners Club web site!

Thanks

Welcome!

Hello HOC'ers....my name is Eric and I'd like to learn more about Heritage archtops and perhaps own one soon. I have been playing 35 years (mostly jazz and fusion) and own a Comins GCS-1ES, a Carvin HH2, and 3 archtops from brand x.... :) Nice to be here! All the best to all of you! Thanks - Eric

2004 H-140, goldtop and weighs in around 8lbs. 2004 model, please excuse the missing pot (waiting for the replacement). I paid $699 on eBay and even with the stock pickups it sounds really good. I did have 4 Stratocasters but sold one and bought this.

post-19331-0-81818300-1390747854_thumb.jpg

post-19331-0-17804300-1390747863_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davec629

• 4 weeks later...

My name is Craig. I have a 2002(? have to go back and look) 140 and a 2013 H150CM with a lashbrook bridge installed by Larry at Wolff. A number of Pauls, Strats, Teles, and a few other assorted guitars.

Welcome to the HOC Craig.

Before someone else mentions it, pics are good :icon_thumright:

Hello. I don't remember when I joined the HOC but I don't recall replying to the invite.

I used to have a Custom Golden Eagle (Mandolin Bros.) as well as an H-550 and a custom short scale Eagle. Currently only have one Heritage, a Rose (Johnny Smith labeled) in Rose quilt, also a Mandolin Bros. custom build. I think it was the guitar they used in their catalog photo....

Hi All,

My name is Artem, I'm 30 and play since my 10. I play blues, funky tunes, r'n'r. I live in Russia and even more, deep in Siberia in Novosibirsk. About year ago I noticed new guitar on my friends concert. It was Heritage H535 with Bigsby. Only year later I asked my friend to give me this guitar for few days to try. I should note - Heritage is VERY rare guitar in Russia. So I'm really lucky I got H535 to test myself at home connected to my amp. I was absolutely braindamaged by this sweet lady. So now I proudly have (for a week by now) 2004 Heritage H535 plain top in burnt amber with Wolftone Dr. Vintage. At this moment I use my "BIG brother" - Vox AC30 with Mercury Magnetics transformers inside and together with H535 they sound like angelic singing to my ears. I only regret that I haven't bought Heritage guitar earlier. It is brilliant, absolutely. Gentlemen form Heritage, if you ever will read this: Thank You! You gave me voice!

Hi All,

My name is Artem, I'm 30 and play since my 10. I play blues, funky tunes, r'n'r. I live in Russia and even more, deep in Siberia in Novosibirsk. About year ago I noticed new guitar on my friends concert. It was Heritage H535 with Bigsby. Only year later I asked my friend to give me this guitar for few days to try. I should note - Heritage is VERY rare guitar in Russia. So I'm really lucky I got H535 to test myself at home connected to my amp. I was absolutely braindamaged by this sweet lady. So now I proudly have (for a week by now) 2004 Heritage H535 plain top in burnt amber with Wolftone Dr. Vintage. At this moment I use my "BIG brother" - Vox AC30 with Mercury Magnetics transformers inside and together with H535 they sound like angelic singing to my ears. I only regret that I haven't bought Heritage guitar earlier. It is brilliant, absolutely. Gentlemen form Heritage, if you ever will read this: Thank You! You gave me voice!

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

H535's are fantastic instruments!