Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hi All,

My name is Artem, I'm 30 and play since my 10. I play blues, funky tunes, r'n'r. I live in Russia and even more, deep in Siberia in Novosibirsk. About year ago I noticed new guitar on my friends concert. It was Heritage H535 with Bigsby. Only year later I asked my friend to give me this guitar for few days to try. I should note - Heritage is VERY rare guitar in Russia. So I'm really lucky I got H535 to test myself at home connected to my amp. I was absolutely braindamaged by this sweet lady. So now I proudly have (for a week by now) 2004 Heritage H535 plain top in burnt amber with Wolftone Dr. Vintage. At this moment I use my "BIG brother" - Vox AC30 with Mercury Magnetics transformers inside and together with H535 they sound like angelic singing to my ears. I only regret that I haven't bought Heritage guitar earlier. It is brilliant, absolutely. Gentlemen form Heritage, if you ever will read this: Thank You! You gave me voice!

добродошли у клуб, ми смо срећни да сте нашли свој глас са наслијеђа!

Hi my name is Ryan I live in Kalamazoo MI I have been playing off and on since I was 16. I stopped playing for 10 years and I am just now getting back into it at the age of 33. I had relatives that worked for Gibson back when it was in Kalamazoo. I do not own a Heritage YET I am currently working on that but i do have a set of HRW's I just purchased that will go into my custom H-157. I guess I am doing this a bit backwards.

Hi my name is Ryan I live in Kalamazoo MI I have been playing off and on since I was 16. I stopped playing for 10 years and I am just now getting back into it at the age of 33. I had relatives that worked for Gibson back when it was in Kalamazoo. I do not own a Heritage YET I am currently working on that but i do have a set of HRW's I just purchased that will go into my custom H-157. I guess I am doing this a bit backwards.

That works. Welcome!

Welcome to the HOC Ryan. Sounds like you have a plan !

Hi Folks, my name is Geoff Robinson and I have been playing for about 45 years, 25 or so of those years in a semi-professional capacity At 13, I got my first decent electric, a.'67 Gretsch Corvette single pickup (wish I still had it) and not surprisingly my collection has grown since.

I suppose I am posting this a bit prematurely, but I am about to take delivery of an H-555 trans blue in mint condition - either late '99 or early 2000, not sure, have no serial yet. Its a long story, and I hope to share once I have the guitar in my hands and pictures to post.

This instrument will be my first 335-style, something I have always wanted to own since meeting one of my idols, BB King in Atlanta at the Varsity restaurant when I was 12 years old. Mr. King was very supportive of young men like myself taking up and learning the Blues.

I have played Ricks, Gibson, and Fender. I now own a custom shop Ric 360F, a 360C1263, a '63 Gibson LG0, and my 1973 hard-tail Strat that I bought with money saved working in a cotton mill when I was 15.

I look forward to sharing stories, tricks, licks, and other guitar-geek material with my fellow musicians here at HOC. Thanks for having me.

Ok, I've been lurking on this site long enough now that I figure I better introduce myself or nobody will want to deal with me when I finally find a guitar on here.

I guess I came here by way of 225 Parson's Street. This past fall, my 9 year old daughter enrolled in the Kalamzoo Academy of Rock and their practice space is located in the upstairs of the old factory. As most of you know, it's a super cool old relic of a building with greyed out old school windows that just feels like a place you should be rocking out at. They have a blast there and I think the ambiance is part of the attraction of the whole thing.

Every week when I take her to band rehearsal, I smell the lacquer curing from the other side of the walls. At some point, I think the lacquer got to me because I started obsessing over Heritage Guitars and how great they look and play.

I jumped on here and started trying to learn everything I can about these guitars. For a company that only puts out a few guitars at a time, there sure are a ton of variations in models, and even the variations seem to have variations, which is awesome. There are some manufacturers that give you the choice of burst, red, and black and that's it. I prefer unique stuff. I'd like her to be able to play something that was made in the same building. Since there aren't a lot around in stores to try out, it's tough to know what I'm going to like and not like. I've seen plenty of deals go by, but haven't pulled the trigger yet because I've never bought a guitar off of the internet before. I'll have to get over that fear at some point I guess and bring at least one of these things back home to Kalamazoo.

Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone for posting such useful information about these wonderful instruments here. I've learned a lot and look forward to joining the club soon.

Ok, I've been lurking on this site long enough now that I figure I better introduce myself or nobody will want to deal with me when I finally find a guitar on here.

I guess I came here by way of 225 Parson's Street. This past fall, my 9 year old daughter enrolled in the Kalamzoo Academy of Rock and their practice space is located in the upstairs of the old factory. As most of you know, it's a super cool old relic of a building with greyed out old school windows that just feels like a place you should be rocking out at. They have a blast there and I think the ambiance is part of the attraction of the whole thing.

Every week when I take her to band rehearsal, I smell the lacquer curing from the other side of the walls. At some point, I think the lacquer got to me because I started obsessing over Heritage Guitars and how great they look and play.

I jumped on here and started trying to learn everything I can about these guitars. For a company that only puts out a few guitars at a time, there sure are a ton of variations in models, and even the variations seem to have variations, which is awesome. There are some manufacturers that give you the choice of burst, red, and black and that's it. I prefer unique stuff. I'd like her to be able to play something that was made in the same building. Since there aren't a lot around in stores to try out, it's tough to know what I'm going to like and not like. I've seen plenty of deals go by, but haven't pulled the trigger yet because I've never bought a guitar off of the internet before. I'll have to get over that fear at some point I guess and bring at least one of these things back home to Kalamazoo.

Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone for posting such useful information about these wonderful instruments here. I've learned a lot and look forward to joining the club soon.

Welcome! I'm sure that if you do some looking you'll find some Heritage guitars to try out. There are always a lot of Heritage guitars for sale in Michigan. Just gotta look. :)

Hi all!

I am Alex and come from Asia City Hong Kong.

I just purchased h140cm yesterday. I really love it!

It is my 1st serious decision coz I need a professional guitar for upcoming tour on big stage and festival.

Thanks for the heritage guitar luthier! U guys are amazing!

Welcome!!

I just got my first Heritage, A SB Johnny Smith Rose, what a great guitar! can't put it down, I've been playing for nearly 50 years and owned a lot of really good guitars but this one takes the cake. My favorite instrument ever. My other 7 or 8 in my current collection are sitting there sulking at me while I invent something new each time I pick up the Rose. Many thanks to the guys at Kallamazoo. When I got it it needed some TLC which it got from my Luthier who refretted it and fixed a couple of small cracks. I see some talk on these forums about a pickup upgrade from Kent Armstrong, may try that, dunno have to play it out some first to see . I posted on this site that I was looking for a JS and got a nice offer which I appreciate but took another one from a dealer trade in piece at a lower price and fewer issues. Nice to be a member of the club.

Hello Team HOC! I just became a new Heritage owner after the purchase of the '09 H535 shown here:

http://www.makenmusic.com/used-heritage-h535-semi-hollow-electric-guitar.html

Grateful for the chance to own such a fine instrument and for this forum and the wealth of knowledge shared here.

BTW, anyone that knows anything about my particular H535's past and is willing to share, feel free to shed light on the path it's taken so far. My guess is it started out as a Wolfe guitar, but who knows?

Thanks to all (and especially J the Mighty administrator for getting me set up here), Scott

Hi Folks, my name is Geoff Robinson and I have been playing for about 45 years, 25 or so of those years in a semi-professional capacity At 13, I got my first decent electric, a.'67 Gretsch Corvette single pickup (wish I still had it) and not surprisingly my collection has grown since.

I suppose I am posting this a bit prematurely, but I am about to take delivery of an H-555 trans blue in mint condition - either late '99 or early 2000, not sure, have no serial yet. Its a long story, and I hope to share once I have the guitar in my hands and pictures to post.

This instrument will be my first 335-style, something I have always wanted to own since meeting one of my idols, BB King in Atlanta at the Varsity restaurant when I was 12 years old. Mr. King was very supportive of young men like myself taking up and learning the Blues.

I have played Ricks, Gibson, and Fender. I now own a custom shop Ric 360F, a 360C1263, a '63 Gibson LG0, and my 1973 hard-tail Strat that I bought with money saved working in a cotton mill when I was 15.

I look forward to sharing stories, tricks, licks, and other guitar-geek material with my fellow musicians here at HOC. Thanks for having me.

OK - here's the serial. Still no pics yet - this morning I took her directly to my luthier Dale Fortune, and he will be working his magic. Not a burst - Super flamey Translucent Blue (pickguard too) - gold trim. I bought the instrument from the mother-in-law of a guy who passed away last year. She was making sure his collection go into loving hands. I am certainly in love. Couldn't wait to get home and post this. Its a '99.

P28808

Geoff

• 3 weeks later...

I am a new member. I am the proud owner of one of the most beautiful guitars ever made. I bought this SAE-Blue Translucent, that is currently rotating on the Heritage Gallery in 1997 . I Had this guitar home for a month and my kids knocked it off of the stand and broke the head stock in half. (lesson learned. ALWAYS KEEP GUITAR IN CASE!!!) I had it repaired and it is always my number one choice when playing. I didn't realize that Heritage was still in business till a few weeks ago. I was at a jam and the house band guitarist asked me what kind of guitar I had. He looked at the head stock and said Vantage. I said no it's a "Heritage"!! He said "same thing" I immediately corrected him. "NO, they're not the same" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uccADrR93gA I played it through the house Fender Twin. I came home and decided to google it just to see how many were still out there and that's when I saw all those beautiful guitars on their website. STILL IN BUSINESS and obviously going strong. I will be going to Kalamazoo this summer to get myself another. I think they will be my only guitars from now on. Awesome works of art and astounding sound makes them elite and I can't truly express my love for my Heritage unless you listen to the sound.

Thanks for the opportunity to express my appreciation to the Heritage company and all of you loyal Heritage owners.

I am a new member. I am the proud owner of one of the most beautiful guitars ever made. I bought this SAE-Blue Translucent, that is currently rotating on the Heritage Gallery in 1997 . I Had this guitar home for a month and my kids knocked it off of the stand and broke the head stock in half. (lesson learned. ALWAYS KEEP GUITAR IN CASE!!!) I had it repaired and it is always my number one choice when playing. I didn't realize that Heritage was still in business till a few weeks ago. I was at a jam and the house band guitarist asked me what kind of guitar I had. He looked at the head stock and said Vantage. I said no it's a "Heritage"!! He said "same thing" I immediately corrected him. "NO, they're not the same" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uccADrR93gA I played it through the house Fender Twin. I came home and decided to google it just to see how many were still out there and that's when I saw all those beautiful guitars on their website. STILL IN BUSINESS and obviously going strong. I will be going to Kalamazoo this summer to get myself another. I think they will be my only guitars from now on. Awesome works of art and astounding sound makes them elite and I can't truly express my love for my Heritage unless you listen to the sound.

Thanks for the opportunity to express my appreciation to the Heritage company and all of you loyal Heritage owners.

Welcome! Many of us will be in Kzoo this summer too. Maybe we'll see you at a PSP event soon!

OK, just got blue beauty back from a thorough clean and polish, so here are some marginal smartphone pics. I will update my gallery.

gallery_19491_467_334391.jpggallery_19491_467_259936.jpg

gallery_19491_467_186186.jpggallery_19491_467_619965.jpg

gallery_19491_467_448318.jpg

- geoff

Edited by sasquatchgeoff

In my OP I promised the back story for Blue Beauty. I am a salesman and I have a customer who I call on regularly, but she doesn't buy much - if anything. Earlier this year a colleague and I were discussing her business and he mentioned that she had a "room full" of guitars and amps, and that she was trying to sell it all. I had a friend and his brother that were both in the market for some good quality instruments to add to their collection so I told them, not thinking that I could afford anything at the moment.

When they reported back they had bought a Suhr and a Satriani Ibanez - both solid bodies, and a boutique amp. The next time I saw my customer she was very appreciative of the referral, and she wondered if I was interested in looking at some of the stuff. She explained that her son-in-law had passed away the year before after a courageous battle with leukemia, and that she was selling his collection to settle his financial affairs since most of his estate went to stratospheric medical bills, leaving his family with not much. With a lump in my throat I took a look at the H555 and pretty much knew I would have to find a way to get this guitar. She wanted buyers who would care for the instruments the way her son-in-law had.

Tax return time came along and the rest is history. It's a '99 and in pretty good shape, only one very minor nick in the binding on the back. The price was right, but the story was better. I am a lucky man.

In my OP I promised the back story for Blue Beauty. I am a salesman and I have a customer who I call on regularly, but she doesn't buy much - if anything. Earlier this year a colleague and I were discussing her business and he mentioned that she had a "room full" of guitars and amps, and that she was trying to sell it all. I had a friend and his brother that were both in the market for some good quality instruments to add to their collection so I told them, not thinking that I could afford anything at the moment.

When they reported back they had bought a Suhr and a Satriani Ibanez - both solid bodies, and a boutique amp. The next time I saw my customer she was very appreciative of the referral, and she wondered if I was interested in looking at some of the stuff. She explained that her son-in-law had passed away the year before after a courageous battle with leukemia, and that she was selling his collection to settle his financial affairs since most of his estate went to stratospheric medical bills, leaving his family with not much. With a lump in my throat I took a look at the H555 and pretty much knew I would have to find a way to get this guitar. She wanted buyers who would care for the instruments the way her son-in-law had.

Tax return time came along and the rest is history. It's a '99 and in pretty good shape, only one very minor nick in the binding on the back. The price was right, but the story was better. I am a lucky man.

:thumbsup: