Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hello everyone. My name is Mark and I just made an ebay purchase of a used in excellent condition H-110. The color is Vintage like on the web site. Looking forward to many hours of playing time with it.

Hello everyone. My name is Mark and I just made an ebay purchase of a used in excellent condition H-110. The color is Vintage like on the web site. Looking forward to many hours of playing time with it.

Welcome!!! Good choice!

IMG_7233_zps28269c69.jpg

I recently discovered this site researching Heritage guitars. My name is Larry I am not a Dr., it is a long story. I have not decided which Heritage model to buy, after much deliberation I have moved away from the Millennium due to weight. I did acquire an acoustic Heritage and will take my time deciding what model suits me. I enjoy the posts here, and the depth of knowledge of guitars of the members is impressive.

Here's a picture.

Hi Mark, welcome to the HOC :)

That looks like Vintage Wineburst - beautiful finish!

You may already know this but the kind of stand you have it resting on in the pic can damage the nitro finish on your guitar if you leave it sitting there for long periods. Wrap those ends in cotton (rags, socks, whatever) to avoid 'nitro burns'.

I recently discovered this site researching Heritage guitars. My name is Larry I am not a Dr., it is a long story. I have not decided which Heritage model to buy, after much deliberation I have moved away from the Millennium due to weight. I did acquire an acoustic Heritage and will take my time deciding what model suits me. I enjoy the posts here, and the depth of knowledge of guitars of the members is impressive.

Welcome to the HOC, Doc :)

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, everyone. My name is Alec. I am a recent convert to the world of Heritage guitars. I've yet to own one, though i am on the cusp of purchasing an H555. I play in a psychedelic black metal band called Kosmodemonic, and i have a project of my own, which i have named Ghostbound until i come up with a better name.

I describe Ghostbound as "Crowded House gone metal", and i want an H555 in an effort to unleash my inner Geordie Walker (in that he played heavy music on an otherwise non-heavy instrument), as well as for jazzy/clean/ambient textures.

Www.kosmodemonic.bandcamp.com

Www.facebook.com/kosmodemonic

- Alec

• 3 weeks later...

I have a look at this forum every day. An introduction is overdue.

My name is really Rod. Perhaps if I come up with a more imaginative username the moderators will let me change it. (?) About a year ago I asked the luthier I use to recommend a Les Paul style guitar brand/builder for a guitar that I envisioned would become an heirloom. He said he'd recommend Heritage and Collings over Gibson. That when I came to this forum for the first time. You guys tell a pretty compelling story. Your passion for Heritage guitars is contagious.

I think it was only about a week or so later that I bought my first off Ebay. An '87 model 170 that was excellent in every way. I've been a Heritage fan ever since! My next was a 150 Ultra with HRW's, then a 157 Black Beauty that now has Seth Lovers (something else I learned of from this forum).

In between my other two acquisitions I sold the 170 to someone who has also become a Heritage fan and who has since acquired another Heritage (that I wish I'd gotten!).

I'm a very active follower of the forum. My thanks to whoever it is who is responsible. I'll be an infrequent contributor. Fact is, you guy's knowledge and skill surpasses mine. I'm here to learn and find my next Heritage.

Hi my name is Carter and for now I am a Heritage owner wannabe. Love the guitars just haven't found the right one at the right price, yet. I am really hoping to find a decent solid body like an older 140. Anyone that can help me find a Heritage on a budget would be appreciated, (although in my price range anyone would be a fool not to buy it for themselves). Recently I have started 'tinkering' with some of my guitars so one that was a little bit of a project would be perfect. (ie replacing pups, pots, swaping nuts, and tuners basic stuff)

I do have a few items that predate Heritage from the old Gibson in Kalamazoo; a pair of Patent No. embossed pickups that need a good home (one is in a parts tele right now but I want keep them together in a good American made guitar some day) and an 1960's Epiphone Olympic Special. I will put up some pics and such when I am not at work :)

Went on the factory tour today for the second time and loved it.

Cheers

This might be a dumb question but is there somwhere on this forum where you can eaisly search the topics?

I have a look at this forum every day. An introduction is overdue.

My name is really Rod. Perhaps if I come up with a more imaginative username the moderators will let me change it. (?) About a year ago I asked the luthier I use to recommend a Les Paul style guitar brand/builder for a guitar that I envisioned would become an heirloom. He said he'd recommend Heritage and Collings over Gibson. That when I came to this forum for the first time. You guys tell a pretty compelling story. Your passion for Heritage guitars is contagious.

I think it was only about a week or so later that I bought my first off Ebay. An '87 model 170 that was excellent in every way. I've been a Heritage fan ever since! My next was a 150 Ultra with HRW's, then a 157 Black Beauty that now has Seth Lovers (something else I learned of from this forum).

In between my other two acquisitions I sold the 170 to someone who has also become a Heritage fan and who has since acquired another Heritage (that I wish I'd gotten!).

I'm a very active follower of the forum. My thanks to whoever it is who is responsible. I'll be an infrequent contributor. Fact is, you guy's knowledge and skill surpasses mine. I'm here to learn and find my next Heritage.

Welcome Rod! Yes, it is possible to have your visible "handle" changed. Pick a good one and leave it that way so people like me won't get too confused.

Greetings, everyone. My name is Alec. I am a recent convert to the world of Heritage guitars. I've yet to own one, though i am on the cusp of purchasing an H555. I play in a psychedelic black metal band called Kosmodemonic, and i have a project of my own, which i have named Ghostbound until i come up with a better name.

I describe Ghostbound as "Crowded House gone metal", and i want an H555 in an effort to unleash my inner Geordie Walker (in that he played heavy music on an otherwise non-heavy instrument), as well as for jazzy/clean/ambient textures.

Www.kosmodemonic.bandcamp.com

Www.facebook.com/kosmodemonic

- Alec

Greetings and welcome Alec!

This might be a dumb question but is there somwhere on this forum where you can eaisly search the topics?

Hi Carter, welcome!

Yes, navigate to the appropriate category and then use the search field at the top of the page to search that particular section. Try to use relevant key words individually for better results.

Hi Carter, welcome!

Yes, navigate to the appropriate category and then use the search field at the top of the page to search that particular section. Try to use relevant key words individually for better results.

Haha, I feel dumb now that I see it. Maybe it didn't show up when I was looking on my phone earlier. Thanks.

Hey all. Just sold my Les Paul studio after years of trying to like it. Saw this on guitar center used and took the plunge. ($800 seemed within reason to me). Will get it next week. Being from West Michigan I've always wanted one but never quite got around to it. Don't know the specs, but it can't be any worse than what I was working with before. Anyone have any idea about the pickups? Thanks!post-19736-0-65829200-1400959300_thumb.jpg

Hey all. Just sold my Les Paul studio after years of trying to like it. Saw this on guitar center used and took the plunge. ($800 seemed within reason to me). Will get it next week. Being from West Michigan I've always wanted one but never quite got around to it. Don't know the specs, but it can't be any worse than what I was working with before. Anyone have any idea about the pickups? Thanks!attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nicely done!

post this question as a new topic under the Heritage Guitars section and more people will see it. There are guys in the HOC who can answer your question, and you will receive a nice warm welcome to the club.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I guess I didn't see this special invitational area when I eagerly joined to tell everyone about my new H 110 what ever that stands for. Nice guitar. I'm a transfer student from the HFC and I hope to learn from all of you here. I am still attending the HFC though and still learning every day.

I started playing guitar in my teens in the 70's. Played Classical guitar in the early 80's and then quit because I had to make a living and pay rent since I married so young. I had some time on my hands in the mid 90's and got into Hamers and learning to play again for a few years. Then quit again to concentrate on other things.

Two-and-a-half years ago I sold my boat (sad day) and that evening joined the HFC to buy a guitar I could never have afforded before. Taking some of the boat money I bought a Monaco Elite (LP style) and it was the best guitar ever. Learning to play again was slow and painful and was something I didn't really have the heart for. But I stuck with it and here I am. I still can't play well by any means but I have perfect pitch and can play along with David Gilmour and other favorites. Then when the song is over I have no idea what I just played. What a gift, eh? Yeah, right. But I have learned a few songs note for note probably the most notable to us old guys is Hocus Pocus by Focus. That's one I couldn't figure out completely by ear and had to get some help from the interwebs.

That's me in a nutshell. At least the guitar stuff.

Danks

--Michael

ETA: My other hobby is drinking too much cheap beer.

Edited by thorn

Hello,

I guess I didn't see this special invitational area when I eagerly joined to tell everyone about my new H 110 what ever that stands for. Nice guitar. I'm a transfer student from the HFC and I hope to learn from all of you here. I am still attending the HFC though and still learning every day.

I started playing guitar in my teens in the 70's. Played Classical guitar in the early 80's and then quit because I had to make a living and pay rent since I married so young. I had some time on my hands in the mid 90's and got into Hamers and learning to play again for a few years. Then quit again to concentrate on other things.

Two-and-a-half years ago I sold my boat (sad day) and that evening joined the HFC to buy a guitar I could never have afforded before. Taking some of the boat money I bought a Monaco Elite (LP style) and it was the best guitar ever. Learning to play again was slow and painful and was something I didn't really have the heart for. But I stuck with it and here I am. I still can't play well by any means but I have perfect pitch and can play along with David Gilmour and other favorites. Then when the song is over I have no idea what I just played. What a gift, eh? Yeah, right. But I have learned a few songs note for note probably the most notable to us old guys is Hocus Pocus by Focus. That's one I couldn't figure out completely by ear and had to get some help from the interwebs.

That's me in a nutshell. At least the guitar stuff.

Danks

--Michael

ETA: My other hobby is drinking too much cheap beer.

I hope you already feel welcome by now. That is a great Heritage guitar you bought recently!

I hope you already feel welcome by now. That is a great Heritage guitar you bought recently!

I do, thanks. And, yeah, this H110 ain't no F hole. It's solid rock. emoticon-rock.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm Roy. I've been wanting a 535 for probably 10 years. I finally bought an 04 model on ebay. It never arrived yet so I'm like a kid on Cristmas eve! It needs a little work so it'll be off to the luther and I'll have to wait some more.

Hi,

I'm Roy. I've been wanting a 535 for probably 10 years. I finally bought an 04 model on ebay. It never arrived yet so I'm like a kid on Cristmas eve! It needs a little work so it'll be off to the luther and I'll have to wait some more.

Welcome Roy! 535's are awesome! You might try asking the club here if anyone has any recomendations for luthiers or good PLEK operators who can work on your guitar.

Hey there hi there ho there. I'm from Norway. I eat whale.

Has The Heritage generally gone up in price the last five years? I bought my lefty 150CM in '09 for $1895 and now I see the same store has a (virtually) identical one listed at $3390. Yikes! Not that I'd ever sell what's been my main guitar since I bought it. Gigging, belt buckles and abrasive picking has made sure of that!

http://adirondackguitar.com/lefty/heritage/h150_33.htm

Also, I made an inquiry to Heritage about a lefty 357 (long shot, I know). Got an answer from Ren Wall saying they're "not tooled for LH". Shucks. All the lovely pictures around this board had me convinced my next guitar should be a proper firebird. Finding a cool gibson is hard enough.

Hey there hi there ho there. I'm from Norway. I eat whale.

Has The Heritage generally gone up in price the last five years? I bought my lefty 150CM in '09 for $1895 and now I see the same store has a (virtually) identical one listed at $3390. Yikes! Not that I'd ever sell what's been my main guitar since I bought it. Gigging, belt buckles and abrasive picking has made sure of that!

http://adirondackguitar.com/lefty/heritage/h150_33.htm

Also, I made an inquiry to Heritage about a lefty 357 (long shot, I know). Got an answer from Ren Wall saying they're "not tooled for LH". Shucks. All the lovely pictures around this board had me convinced my next guitar should be a proper firebird. Finding a cool gibson is hard enough.

What does whale taste like? Please don't say chicken!!