Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hello,

my first post after I just received my Custom H535ALSB.

Ebony fingerboard, the largest I could ask for(1.75 inch nut width), Gold hardware- TonePro bridge & stop bar, Grover keys,

tone control push-pulls for coil splitting.

It's very comfortable to play and gives a wide range of tone, the single coil mode is the new thing for me because on my other non-Heritage guitars I only have humbuckers.

I plugged it into a Fender Montreux mosfet amp, using a CryBaby followed by a BKButler(3knobs) tube driver.

I know you guys understand how such a joy can be, I was almost speachless.

My current setup is:

- TheHeritage 2014 Custom H535(new from J.Wolfe)

- Martin 2004 D-35

- Gibson 1990 Les Paul Classic 1960(bought new in Salem MA)

- Gibson 1995 ES135(bought used in Boston)

- Ibanez 1979 mod. 2622(Steve Miller)(bought used in Italy)

- Ibanez 1975 ST-300(bought used in Italy)

I only took that picture which is not so great, I'll take better pictures later on.

Now I'm a fully compliant HOC memeber :icon_rendeer:

Ciao,

Gianluca

Hello,

my first post after I just received my Custom H535ALSB.

Ebony fingerboard, the largest I could ask for(1.75 inch nut width), Gold hardware- TonePro bridge & stop bar, Grover keys,

tone control push-pulls for coil splitting.

It's very comfortable to play and gives a wide range of tone, the single coil mode is the new thing for me because on my other non-Heritage guitars I only have humbuckers.

I plugged it into a Fender Montreux mosfet amp, using a CryBaby followed by a BKButler(3knobs) tube driver.

I know you guys understand how such a joy can be, I was almost speachless.

My current setup is:

- TheHeritage 2014 Custom H535(new from J.Wolfe)

- Martin 2004 D-35

- Gibson 1990 Les Paul Classic 1960(bought new in Salem MA)

- Gibson 1995 ES135(bought used in Boston)

- Ibanez 1979 mod. 2622(Steve Miller)(bought used in Italy)

- Ibanez 1975 ST-300(bought used in Italy)

I only took that picture which is not so great, I'll take better pictures later on.

Now I'm a fully compliant HOC memeber :icon_rendeer:

Ciao,

Gianluca

probs loading the picture(hope to send it correctly now)

ciao,

Gianluca

probs loading the picture(hope to send it correctly now)

sorry for the noise, here is the link to the one-img album created: http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/gallery/album/478-custom-h535alsb/

hope to upload more and better pictures later on

ciao,

Gianluca

Not an owner but lookin' to become one if the right LEFTY presents itself. I posted on the 'for sale/buy' section earlier today. Looking for an H535 or 555. Will need to part with something...but that's par for the course. Greetings from WV.

Not an owner but lookin' to become one if the right LEFTY presents itself. I posted on the 'for sale/buy' section earlier today. Looking for an H535 or 555. Will need to part with something...but that's par for the course. Greetings from WV.

Welcome to the Club! Good luck with your search for a lefty 535/55; hope you score The One. Where in WV are you from? When we head down that way, we try to plan things so we can hit Tricky Fish in Charleston for a late lunch/early dinner; fun little joint.

Hi all,

newbie from Holland here, and proud H150 owner since... yesterday! :-) I used to be a Fender guy (I like to play my Tele, Strat and Jazzy), and tried a Gibson Midtown and LP Traditional in the past, but without much luck. I just couldn't bond with either of the two abd sold them. Yesterday I bought a very nice H150, and it feels just right. It needed a restring (0.009" --> 0.011"), pickup hight adjustment and a neck setup, and I believe this is just the sweetest blues and rock guitar I ever owned. Plugged into my '69 Super Reverb even very suitable for funky rhythm guitar. Plugged into my Budda Superdrive it's a rock monster. Very happy camper so far, hope to read lots of tips & tricks here at the forum!

Cheers,

Chris

Hi all,

newbie from Holland here, and proud H150 owner since... yesterday! :-) I used to be a Fender guy (I like to play my Tele, Strat and Jazzy), and tried a Gibson Midtown and LP Traditional in the past, but without much luck. I just couldn't bond with either of the two abd sold them. Yesterday I bought a very nice H150, and it feels just right. It needed a restring (0.009" --> 0.011"), pickup hight adjustment and a neck setup, and I believe this is just the sweetest blues and rock guitar I ever owned. Plugged into my '69 Super Reverb even very suitable for funky rhythm guitar. Plugged into my Budda Superdrive it's a rock monster. Very happy camper so far, hope to read lots of tips & tricks here at the forum!

Cheers,

Chris

Very good! Welcome!

Hi, LUSN here, Chicagoan and guitarist for way longer than I want to admit. I have been a Heritage owner in the past, a couple 140s, but I was more of a single coiler at that time. Having since migrated to setneck & humbuckers over the past ten years, I am looking to learn more about Heritage and am looking for an H535.

Welcome lusn, I recognize you from the FDP, where I used to hang out a lot more. My advice to you would be to join us in Kalamazoo on Friday, July 31 for our annual tour of the factory, followed by a cookout/jam out at a member's family farm. Check out the Parsons' Street Pilgrimage recent thread for more info. I actually called you about a Vox amp, I believe, some years ago that you had for sale on the FDP. I live a couple hours south in Bloomington. Give me a shout if you are ever down this way. I'll be glad to let you play either of my 535s.

Welcome to the Club! Good luck with your search for a lefty 535/55; hope you score The One. Where in WV are you from? When we head down that way, we try to plan things so we can hit Tricky Fish in Charleston for a late lunch/early dinner; fun little joint.

Stumbled upon a lefty site of a charming collector today and bought his minty 535 in a nice wine/cherry for a song. He was selling off about 25 guitars of all types. Can't wait. I hail out of Morgantown...since 1997 that is.

Andy here, bought my heritage 150 4 years ago from Joes in Roseville MI, didn't know squat about guitars, bought on John & Joes recommendation. Played it hard over last 4 years, just had it re-set up by Mike the Music man in Brighton. Love it! How can you tell what kind of pick ups are in there - Schaller?

Hi, Andy. Welcome.

If the pickups have two screws on either side, they are Schallers. If they have two screws and the switch knob has a dot on it, they are likely HRW's. Most others will likely be a type of Duncan pickup. Usually 59's and Seth Lovers are stock from the factory. You will have to look on the bottom of the pickup to see what the sticker says. Or, you can unscrew the control cavity cover and look at the sticker on the back of it. That sometimes tells you what kind of pickups are in it.

Pictures would help us try to figure it out.

Saying hi. Just picked up a 1989 (I think) Heritage H555, blond flame maple, 3 piece maple neck and gold hardware. Love the look, and am learning the sound and when to use it. Right now, she's in the shop for a fret level. Some other relevant guitars in the herd include a Guild X500 Stuart Benedetto in a dark wine color which I use to accompany my wife who sings, a Schaefer Swingmaster for unamplified settings and a Mike Stern clone that is my versatile, travel (replaceable) guitar.

One of my teachers, Calvin Keys, in Oakland, CA, has a Heritage which turned me on to the brand.

The serial is sort of smudged, but is stamped in gold and I think starts with an F. Were H555s made in that year and what was the spec?

cheers, m

Edited by mikehihz

Saying hi. Just picked up a 1989 (I think) Heritage H555, blond flame maple, 3 piece maple neck and gold hardware. Love the look, and am learning the sound and when to use it. Right now, she's in the shop for a fret level. Some other relevant guitars in the herd include a Guild X500 Stuart Benedetto in a dark wine color which I use to accompany my wife who sings, a Schaefer Swingmaster for unamplified settings and a Mike Stern clone that is my versatile, travel (replaceable) guitar.

One of my teachers, Calvin Keys, in Oakland, CA, has a Heritage which turned me on to the brand.

The serial is sort of smudged, but is stamped in gold and I think starts with an F. Were H555s made in that year and what was the spec?

cheers, m

hello, mike,

fyi the 555 does appear in the 1989 catalog: http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/gallery/image/1272-89-catalog-p-5/

• 2 weeks later...
  1. Just wanted to say HI. I am a new owner of a Heritage 535. First Heritage I have ever owned. I took the advice of a friend of mine that worked in the finish department at Heritage for many years. I told him I was looking for a great semi-hollow body to go with my growing collection of guitars. He told me I would be doing myself a disservice if I didn't at least go take a tour of the factory and see what was available. I live right here in Kalamazoo and after all of these years I had never been to either Gibson or Heritage. Long story short, I am a very happy new owner of a custom made Heritage H535 with Thro-Bak pups, a Bigsby tremolo and upgraded wood that results in the sweetest sounding guitar I have EVER owned.

1. heritage.jpg