Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hi all

New member here - a Brit who has expatriated to Sydney, Australia.

I bought a 2006 Heritage H-150 (almond burst I believe) yesterday and am over the moon with the quality, feel, sound and general vibe of the guitar - so much so that I sought out this forum!

I saw this hanging on a wall in a Brisbane shop while working up there last week and it definitely winked at me - I swear. This week I went back intending just to kill some time and it told me that I had to take it home. Having recently purchased another guitar (JTV Variax) I knew that this was going to be a tricky negotiation with my better half but the quality of this guitar combined with the relative rarity of Heritage guitars in Australia convinced me to take action. As I explained to my wife, "last week I bought a beer, this week I bought a cognac.. you just can't compare them".

Anyway, I'm sure my story will resonate with a few guys out there - and maybe a few guitar playing girls too.

Cheers

David

post-19933-0-14298200-1406868606_thumb.jpg

Hi all

New member here - a Brit who has expatriated to Sydney, Australia.

I bought a 2006 Heritage H-150 (almond burst I believe) yesterday and am over the moon with the quality, feel, sound and general vibe of the guitar - so much so that I sought out this forum!

I saw this hanging on a wall in a Brisbane shop while working up there last week and it definitely winked at me - I swear. This week I went back intending just to kill some time and it told me that I had to take it home. Having recently purchased another guitar (JTV Variax) I knew that this was going to be a tricky negotiation with my better half but the quality of this guitar combined with the relative rarity of Heritage guitars in Australia convinced me to take action. As I explained to my wife, "last week I bought a beer, this week I bought a cognac.. you just can't compare them".

Anyway, I'm sure my story will resonate with a few guys out there - and maybe a few guitar playing girls too.

Cheers

David

Welcome! That is a great looking guitar!!

Denny here, aka Keysey. I played my first heritage and everything else I own became obsolete. In a short span I bought a gorgeous Super eagle but it was way to pretty to take out to gigs and jam nights so I bought a 575 for open mike and jam sessions. Different guitars for sure with diff voices, but both a FANTASTIC! Sell off many of my now excess guitars, flat tops and strats. I have lived near Kzoo most of my life, but spent 12 years in the keys playing acoustic flat tops. Back in Michigan and I`m just getting to old to play anything but the best, plus I can now afford my passions. Two of them is probably one more than I really

need, but no where close to as many as I want.

Saying hi. Just picked up a 1989 (I think) Heritage H555, blond flame maple, 3 piece maple neck and gold hardware. Love the look, and am learning the sound and when to use it. Right now, she's in the shop for a fret level. Some other relevant guitars in the herd include a Guild X500 Stuart Benedetto in a dark wine color which I use to accompany my wife who sings, a Schaefer Swingmaster for unamplified settings and a Mike Stern clone that is my versatile, travel (replaceable) guitar.

One of my teachers, Calvin Keys, in Oakland, CA, has a Heritage which turned me on to the brand.

The serial is sort of smudged, but is stamped in gold and I think starts with an F. Were H555s made in that year and what was the spec?

cheers, m

Calvin Keys is your teacher? You are a lucky man. He's a great player. Been slingin' a Golden Eagle for years.

I spotted Calvin at Blue Note Music in Berkeley several years ago noodling around on a jazz box. Man, if I could noodle half as good as him! :icon_smile:

Welcome to the HOC.

Denny here, aka Keysey. I played my first heritage and everything else I own became obsolete. In a short span I bought a gorgeous Super eagle but it was way to pretty to take out to gigs and jam nights so I bought a 575 for open mike and jam sessions. Different guitars for sure with diff voices, but both a FANTASTIC! Sell off many of my now excess guitars, flat tops and strats. I have lived near Kzoo most of my life, but spent 12 years in the keys playing acoustic flat tops. Back in Michigan and I`m just getting to old to play anything but the best, plus I can now afford my passions. Two of them is probably one more than I really

need, but no where close to as many as I want.

Welcome!

I acquired a 1999 H575 a few months ago. I have played various Heritages in the past, but this is my first purchase. This babie has been well played, but not abused. I've left it out since I got it and it almost has lost the miasma of tobacco, whiskey, and sweat. It has had a headstock repair and shows lots of fret wear, but is clean and has been well maintained. As far as I can determine, it is totally stock. It is one sweet playing instrument with some mojo, and I like it bunches. My playing interest is primarily Jazz.

H575_2_zps2dfd8845.jpg

Edited by garryrenfro

I acquired a 1999 H575 a few months ago. I have played various Heritages in the past, but this is my first purchase. This babie has been well played, but not abused. I've left it out since I got it and it almost has lost the miasma of tobacco, whiskey, and sweat. It has had a headstock repair and shows lots of fret wear, but is clean and has been well maintained. As far as I can determine, it is totally stock. It is one sweet playing instrument with some mojo, and I like it bunches. My playing interest is primarily Jazz.

H575_2_zps2dfd8845.jpg

It's clean as long as you don't pay any attention to the tobacco, whiskey, sweat, headstock repair and fret wear. hahahaha I got a chuckle out of that.

Welcome!! Welcome!!! Good looking guitar!

Hey all!

Picked up a real nice '86 H-170 earlier this week and figured I'd get on board. It is my 2nd Heritage, my first was an '89(?) H-150, I bought new at the time. I had it for a year or so before selling it. Beautiful guitar that weighed a ton and I was just not into the weight.

The 170 has some heft but with the slightly slimmer body it just feels right.

Well I am sure I'll be around.

1407381088_8x63.jpg

Me way back when with my first Heritage

1407297653_snapshot_1__8_5_2014_11_59_pm

Edited by Wattage

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I hope I'm not cheating in joining the Heritage owners club today, because I don't own one....yet. (I do have a 1967 Gibson LG0 my Dad bought for me new, and it might have been made in Kalamazoo FWIW)

Anyway, I just started playing guitar about 4 months ago again after MANY years. I didn't play much back then either, just lessons for a year or so as a kid, and for a few months in the Army. I have 2 lower end guitars and promised myself if I stayed with it through September I would upgrade to a LP or similar. I'm having a good time in an instructional band and getting better so I'm researching now and I'll be shopping soon.

I live in MI and I like the Heritage story. Heritage owners seem to love their guitars, and I've seen some good deals on used ones, more reasonable than the Gibson brand. Open to suggestions about what to look for, where to try some first, etc. I'll check in here to see what is posted, and might ask questions. In the meantime I'll enjoy all your posts.

Tim

KRockMI

Hello All,

I hope I'm not cheating in joining the Heritage owners club today, because I don't own one....yet. (I do have a 1967 Gibson LG0 my Dad bought for me new, and it might have been made in Kalamazoo FWIW)

Anyway, I just started playing guitar about 4 months ago again after MANY years. I didn't play much back then either, just lessons for a year or so as a kid, and for a few months in the Army. I have 2 lower end guitars and promised myself if I stayed with it through September I would upgrade to a LP or similar. I'm having a good time in an instructional band and getting better so I'm researching now and I'll be shopping soon.

I live in MI and I like the Heritage story. Heritage owners seem to love their guitars, and I've seen some good deals on used ones, more reasonable than the Gibson brand. Open to suggestions about what to look for, where to try some first, etc. I'll check in here to see what is posted, and might ask questions. In the meantime I'll enjoy all your posts.

Tim

KRockMI

Welcome, future Heritage guitar owner!

Hello,

My name is Eric and I have been looking for a Gibson Les Paul for about 5 years and had not been able to find one that met my standards as far as quality control. After talking to many people about my dilemma it was mentioned that if I wanted a truly great Les Paul style guitar I needed to check out a Heritage. I was lucky enough to meet a dealer a couple hours from where I live and was able to purchase his mint 2012 dealer sample H-150 guitar.

I am very pleased with this guitar and only had to play it once to fall in love with it.

post-19997-0-91748100-1408859908_thumb.jpg

post-19997-0-78452200-1408859916_thumb.jpg

post-19997-0-02390500-1408859926_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Hello,

My name is Eric and I have been looking for a Gibson Les Paul for about 5 years and had not been able to find one that met my standards as far as quality control. After talking to many people about my dilemma it was mentioned that if I wanted a truly great Les Paul style guitar I needed to check out a Heritage. I was lucky enough to meet a dealer a couple hours from where I live and was able to purchase his mint 2012 dealer sample H-150 guitar.

I am very pleased with this guitar and only had to play it once to fall in love with it.

attachicon.gifIMG_5076.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5080.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5083.JPG

Welcome aboard. Nice start!

post-19997-0-02390500-1408859926.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi my name is Sven i'm from germany and i have a h150. I don't know we exact model. But it's 9ne of the best guitars i've ever played.

Hello,

New member here,

I am the proud owner of a Lefty Custom Shop Heritage 535 with Seth Lovers and a Wine Red finish.

I love Heritage Guitars!

I am currently looking for a left 575 if anyone has any leads!

WELCOME!! Great to have you!

Hi, Speedy East here. I am new to the site. I play a very pretty Super Eagle. (Gosh, Heritage does masterful finishes and uses gorgeous woods.) I am very glad to be learning and sharing Heritage lore here at HOC. The real name's Ken, by the way.

Edited by Speedyeast

Hi, Speedy East here. I am new to the site. I play a very pretty Super Eagle. (Gosh, Heritage does masterful finishes and uses gorgeous woods.) I am very glad to be learning and sharing Heritage lore here at HOC. The real name's Ken, by the way.

Welcome :)

You picked a nice guitar as your first Heritage (notice the implications of "first").

Hope you'll stay on HOC ;)

Hi! I'm Scott and I have had 2 different 575's. Sold the first to make a down payment on a hip replacement. Current one is in my avatar, and I absolutely love it. Hoping to get a 535 soon. Will keep you posted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi! I'm Scott and I have had 2 different 575's. Sold the first to make a down payment on a hip replacement. Current one is in my avatar, and I absolutely love it. Hoping to get a 535 soon. Will keep you posted. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome Scott!!