Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hi! I'm Scott and I have had 2 different 575's. Sold the first to make a down payment on a hip replacement. Current one is in my avatar, and I absolutely love it. Hoping to get a 535 soon. Will keep you posted. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ScottM~ With priorities such as this, you will fit in perfectly with us other HOC'ers. Welcome aboard. :icon_salut:

Hello, fellow Axemen and Axewomen!

I'm Dmitry, and have been an owner of a beautiful H-150 built in 1993 for coupla hours. A truly great guitar - that's obvously as detailed as I can get at the moment :).

Sounds like you're having fun. H150s rule :)

Welcome to the HOC!

ok, my name is mike, i started playing guitar in around 72',in my early teens i was listening to jazz, solo and quartet stuff,..i spent a lot of years doing the full tilt boogie groove,a few years in oakland playing soul and blues and had a full tilt trio for a while known as the "point zero one band" recording that scene would have been like capturing lightning in a bottle..any how, i write or rather have written allot, now, i'm in the old bull stage,at 56 years old, i'm still an ass kicker, but i've slowed down and am diggin my jazz roots again, i knew billy bauer and jimmie raney,also howie collins,they all gave me good advice on style,and i've had great experiences with blues and soul musicians too..having the northern irish blood gives me a different take on things,and i dig that..i can rip a nation resonator to shreds, and bleed a 335 to death,i been breathin this thing for over four decades,i'm self taught, and i study things the way i see them..i'm always feeling it..i don't have any bullshit aspirations...i simply am and will remain an expressionist..i work with what i have..i been shining on my 575 lately and it looks like that's where i'll be for a good while..glad you're all here,,it sure is nice to have common denominators. mike ps "if it sounds good, then it is good"

• Downvote 1

ok, my name is mike, i started playing guitar in around 72',in my early teens i was listening to jazz, solo and quartet stuff,..i spent a lot of years doing the full tilt boogie groove,a few years in oakland playing soul and blues and had a full tilt trio for a while known as the "point zero one band" recording that scene would have been like capturing lightning in a bottle..any how, i write or rather have written allot, now, i'm in the old bull stage,at 56 years old, i'm still an ass kicker, but i've slowed down and am diggin my jazz roots again, i knew billy bauer and jimmie raney,also howie collins,they all gave me good advice on style,and i've had great experiences with blues and soul musicians too..having the northern irish blood gives me a different take on things,and i dig that..i can rip a nation resonator to shreds, and bleed a 335 to death,i been breathin this thing for over four decades,i'm self taught, and i study things the way i see them..i'm always feeling it..i don't have any bullshit aspirations...i simply am and will remain an expressionist..i work with what i have..i been shining on my 575 lately and it looks like that's where i'll be for a good while..glad you're all here,,it sure is nice to have common denominators. mike ps "if it sounds good, then it is good"

Welcome ironmike! Great story!

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings and salutations! I'm Chris. Just purchased my first Heritage (575 in Burnt Amber). Adding to a collection of many (but never too many...lol) Been playing for 35 years, and decided to switch gears to a bit more jazz.

Thank you Blunote. Been a strat and tele player all these years. Friend of mine has a Johnny Smith that I thought was just incredible, so started the search. Looking forward to putting the 575 through my Swart AST.

Oh shit, as he said :)

I am a norwegian guy with a new item inhouse, a nice cherry 535. I have been hunting 335 for a a year or so and came over this one from 2004 with schaller pups (wich is surprisingly good sounding). I have tested several 335's and this one is in my opinion more my cup of tea. I also have a beauty of a epi les les paul ltd fujigen with rs kit, jensen caps, lollar imperial, aged faber, cherry burst. And an am strat 1996 with lollar blackface. The 535 completed (for now :)) my collection. I play on Ampeg GVT 15 112 with greenback. Fav are blues/jazz and some classic rock.

I'll be back!

Hello,

Finally I find a new H-516 guitar, beatiful and sound very nice.Is my firts Heritage i have and i'm like a kid...Yesterday I did a rehersal and i enjoy a lot.

Excuse my inglish I'm from Spain .

The guitar is warm ,nice I'm very happy about it,know I have to set it up and play for a time it would be my main guitar .

Love from Barcelona.

post-20204-0-41583200-1417096127_thumb.jpg

Hello,

Finally I find a new H-516 guitar, beatiful and sound very nice.Is my firts Heritage i have and i'm like a kid...Yesterday I did a rehersal and i enjoy a lot.

Excuse my inglish I'm from Spain .

The guitar is warm ,nice I'm very happy about it,know I have to set it up and play for a time it would be my main guitar .

Love from Barcelona.

Wow, that's a beautiful guitar you managed to get your hands on! Congratulations and welcome to the HOC :)

My name is Logan. I first caught the Heritage bug a few years ago when I was in the market for an es 335. I was taking guitar lessons with Vince Lewis at the time and he told me that he had a former student selling an h535. I went to the guy's house to check it out and bought it on the spot.

My 535 is pretty much the only electric I've played for the last 2 years and it seems like I fall in love with it again every couple months. I fantasize about owning another heritage with a bigsby and p90s, but for now my 535 is still killing it.

Here's a video of me playing it at a show in Baltimore recently. I was going to post a picture but then I thought, whats better than just seeing it? Seeing it and hearing it!

Also, heres a soundcloud playlist of some recording's I've done. Anything by my band Hemingway was played on the 535.

https://soundcloud.com/lpatton/sets/records

Edited by Loganhpatton

My name is Logan. I first caught the Heritage bug a few years ago when I was in the market for an es 335. I was taking guitar lessons with Vince Lewis at the time and he told me that he had a former student selling an h535. I went to the guy's house to check it out and bought it on the spot.

My 535 is pretty much the only electric I've played for the last 2 years and it seems like I fall in love with it again every couple months. I fantasize about owning another heritage with a bigsby and p90s, but for now my 535 is still killing it.

Here's a video of me playing it at a show in Baltimore recently. I was going to post a picture but then I thought, whats better than just seeing it? Seeing it and hearing it!

Also, heres a soundcloud playlist of some recording's I've done. Anything by my band Hemingway was played on the 535.

https://soundcloud.com/lpatton/sets/records

Any friend of Vince's is a friend of ours.... Welcome, Logan. Love that your first post is a vid of the 535 in action. Nicey nice! They are remarkable instruments! You playing through just the Excelsior, or the Orange as well. Rig info? And good job on the tune, everybody!

Hey, everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm just using the excelsior for this set. I generally play a Kustom 72 Coupe, but it was in the shop.

With the Kustom I pretty much use the built in lead channel, which sounds great. Since I was borrowing the excelsior for this show I was using an East River Drive and Nano Big Muff.

I try to keep it fairly simple. DD-20 for Delay, Tap-a-whirl for tremolo, and a cry baby.

• 2 months later...

Ok, I'll bite. Sfax here, Doug in real life. Been an acoustic player for some years, decided before I got too old I'd better explore the electric side. I have a Gibson Faded Standard and use the MyLesPaul forum mostly for educational purposes. Heritage gets mentioned enough that I figured I'd explore their products. I've got some GAS for a non-solid body guitar, so here I am. It's clear Heritage makes beautiful guitars and just as soon as I decide on the model I'll have one. Thanks for the welcome.

Good to have you with us Doug. My first electric was a Heritage Millennium Std Ultra. Thought a the time I'd be playing more jazz stuff, but drifted into classic rock instead. I now have three Heritages on my wall & can't say enough good things about the Company or the product.

It can sometimes be hard to find them in stores. Are you near and dealers that stock Heritage? Or, maybe we can point you to some.

Ok, I'll bite. Sfax here, Doug in real life. Been an acoustic player for some years, decided before I got too old I'd better explore the electric side. I have a Gibson Faded Standard and use the MyLesPaul forum mostly for educational purposes. Heritage gets mentioned enough that I figured I'd explore their products. I've got some GAS for a non-solid body guitar, so here I am. It's clear Heritage makes beautiful guitars and just as soon as I decide on the model I'll have one. Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome! A Heritage H-535 would be a great start.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a guitar newbie, teaching myself, trying to get 30mins to an hour in every day for the last few months (though was interrupted for a bit). I have played trumpet and sax over the years, and piano for a decent part of the last 35yrs, but this is the first time I have tried to learn a stringed instrument (not counting piano and an aborted attempt to learn the bass 30-odd years ago). I found myself desiring to play an archtop rather than a semi-hollow (which is what I bought first off the local version of craigslist here in Hong Kong) and found a Heritage guitar in a place where I had no business finding one (a used guitar shop in rural Japan), sprung for it, so I am now the proud owner of a 1996 Super Eagle in sunburst. I love the tone - it is addictive, which is great incentive to play/practice.

Thanks. The seller made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

To be clear Mr Moderator... I did not put in the link into my post above (or attempt to break the ToU). It popped in by itself. I don't seem to be able to edit my post, and I am guessing it is the way the forum is being sponsored.

A (hopefully) future Heritage owner here.

I was looking around for a U.S.-made semi-hollow and thinking about a used Guild Starfire IV when I ran across some pictures of an H-535 in Vintage Wine Burst that I think is one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen. I've been a fan of Heritage Guitars almost since their founding and made it a point to drive by the factory on a trip through Michigan in 1986, but I have never owne a Heritage before. Hopefully this will change soon.

Does anyone know if Heritage is still doing the Vintage Wine Burst finish? The color listing on the company's web site seems like it's pretty old and I'm hoping that they still offer this finish. I may order through the Custom Shop to get the guitar that I want (moderately beefy neck, Kluson-style tuners and Seth Lover pickups).

I'm enjoying this site quite a bit, especially the photos from the Parsons Street Pilgramages.

A (hopefully) future Heritage owner here.

I was looking around for a U.S.-made semi-hollow and thinking about a used Guild Starfire IV when I ran across some pictures of an H-535 in Vintage Wine Burst that I think is one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen. I've been a fan of Heritage Guitars almost since their founding and made it a point to drive by the factory on a trip through Michigan in 1986, but I have never owne a Heritage before. Hopefully this will change soon.

Does anyone know if Heritage is still doing the Vintage Wine Burst finish? The color listing on the company's web site seems like it's pretty old and I'm hoping that they still offer this finish. I may order through the Custom Shop to get the guitar that I want (moderately beefy neck, Kluson-style tuners and Seth Lover pickups).

I'm enjoying this site quite a bit, especially the photos from the Parsons Street Pilgramages.

Welcome! Yes, Vintage Wineburst is said to be Marv's favorite finish. (True or false I don't know.) You can special order a new 535 in VWB if you can't find a stocking dealer who has one.