Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Unfortunately, I can't remember who it was.  Two things impressed my son, first he walked all through the crowd... had one of those newfangled WIRELESS deals.    Second, he was just ripping off these impressive, soaring leads...    I think it was the first time my son had seen a real live concert.  To this day, he remembers Kansas.  Not very many 18yr olds know them these days.

It's a shame he's too busy to go with dad anymore.    He's missed out on a few more killer concerts! 

Not very many 18yr olds know them these days.

A kid at the local Staples is named Kansas.  His mom named him after the group.  That boy is a mess! 

Hey Howdy y'all,

"Backline Steve," Long time Heritage fan here (and jazz geezer).

I've had a couple Eagles; a couple different H-575's; a H-550 Custom; and now recently saved a battered and repaired H-140 from further desecration.

Also had a Kenny Burrell amp (1 X 12") for a while, but it was too heavy for my achin' ancient back.

I'll get some pics up in the future, somewhere here, of my current H-140 (nice sunburst that's been around and has some classy patina and finish checking).

Happy to find this place finally after following a link from MyLesPaul (I also have a Gibson Studio LP).

Never knew there was a Heritage forum all the years I've used their guitars (since 1992 I think).

Welcome!  I think you will enjoy this site.  Good folks and little drama.  We are an odd lot but a good little group.  If you can make it to Kzoo next July you will get to shake the hands that made your guitars. 

Let me add my welcome to Bird's, backline.  This is not a bad place at all to spend time when you really should be working....  "...classy patina and finish checking," that's what I like to hear! 

:this_thread_is_useless_withou

Welcome!  I think you will enjoy this site.  Good folks and little drama.  We are an odd lot but a good little group.  If you can make it to Kzoo next July you will get to shake the hands that made your guitars. 

Tell me about "next July"

Thanks.

Woody

...This is not a bad place at all to spend time when you really should be working...

Perfect. I'm not working!

Ha ha. Yeah: retired.

But I still do some part time stuff and some rare gigs (who can afford to really retire?).

July in Kalamazoo? We'll see. My wife has some medical issues going on, but she likes to travel too.

Tell me about "next July"

Thanks.

Woody

It comes directly after "next June".

Don't think we have definite plans just yet. Haven't seen anthing on it. Give it until after the New Year. Things should start taking shape then, I'd suppose ... hope!! :wink:

Hello everyone!  Thanks to all ya'll's expertise and knowledge on the boards, which led me to buy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Heritage-H-150-Special...%3A2%7C294%3A50

Next step: learn to play...

congrats "buffalo" ;D

that is cool lookin 150 P...welcome to the club :)

A big shout out to all of you HOC members that lurk in the background but don't post much!

You know who you are!  But we don't.   :)

The sole purpose of this thread is to send out a special HELLO!  And to ask if you'll drop in and say something about you or your Heritage guitar.  Consider this a kind of online HOC meet and greet...or even a Heritage-Aholic group hug.

OK, I'll start..."Hi, my name is Tim, but my friends here call me Gitfiddler.  My favorite Heritages are (in no particular order):  Sweet 16, Golden Eagle, H-555, H-150 and of course the H-157.  I'd love to own a Millenium, but cannot spell it or afford one yet.   :rolleyes:

Alright guys and gals, YOUR TURN!

Who are you...and tell us something about you and your favorite Heritages!  Let's see how many newbies or oldies will say HELLO!   8)

well hello everyone. I don't even know if I'm doing this right, but here it is. I am the guy that makes all your guitars shine. I have three heritages in the house. I don't have pics uploaded yet but soon enough. I gave my brother a 535 and a 150. My most favorite is my 170 double cut away solod body. It has the sweetest burst ever " faded cherry" with a maple head veneer. hardware includes seymour duncan "seth lovers" tone pros and sperzel tuners. thats about it for me so enjoy all those top quality instruments.

congrats "buffalo" ;D

that is cool lookin 150 P...welcome to the club :)

I pulled the cover off the back and the sticker read 150M - anyone know the info on this model?  I only see H150CM and H150 Special on the Heritage website.

I'm enjoying learning how to play it.  Got a long way to go!

Hi I'm Paul,

My first post on something like this...  Now that I'm retired, I'm trying to really learn to play... we will see!

I bought a 2005 535 (clear finish) with HRW pickups.  I play it more like an accostic (s/p?), but love the sound--especially with distortion-when goofing around with the pentatonic scale.

***Question, when I back off the tone pot, it's almost like a switch, not a click, but a noticible change in sound during that first tiny motion.  Is this normal? (both tone pots do it inthe middle PU position).

Thanks, Paul

Hello, I found the HOC while researching electric guitars on the internet. Maybe you guys can help me. I am presently trying to resist a compulsion that came over suddenly this week. I was looking for p-90 LP Specials on the usual web sites and I noticed this on the Wolfe Guitars site:

photo1_4e18d.jpg

Like I said, I am trying to resist. Maybe one you guys could explain to me why I shouldn't want one of these instead of a Gibson?

Thanks,

Hank

photo1_4e18d.jpg

Like I said, I am trying to resist. Maybe one you guys could explain to me why I shouldn't want one of these instead of a Gibson?

Thanks,

Hank

Because......... Its an intangible thing. :rolleyes:

Just play a few and see what you come up with.

Not very good as a sales guy am I ;D

Korina, P90's. How cool is that

Hi Gitfiddler

I have a H 575 made in 1991. Do you know what the guitar is worth now? It is in very good condition. I do not want to sell it - but I just want to know its value. Thank you and Merry Christmas!!

Hi there, Harold, and welcome to the HOC!

As for your H-575's value, see if you can upload a photo of it here and describe its condition, features and pickups.  There are a number of 575 owners (and one 'Wheeler Dealer) here who will gladly give you a range.

Another option is to do an Ebay search for sold Heritage H-575's.  Then you can see actual instruments to compare yours with.

I pulled the cover off the back and the sticker read 150M - anyone know the info on this model?  I only see H150CM and H150 Special on the Heritage website.

I'm enjoying learning how to play it.  Got a long way to go!

I also started a Heritage Guitar group on Flickr for you all to post pictures of your Heritage Guitars:  http://www.flickr.com/groups/989117@N23/

Here are some pics:

Guitar 2.jpg

Guitar 2.jpg_thumb

Guitar 3.jpg

Guitar 3.jpg_thumb

Guitar 1.jpg

Guitar 1.jpg_thumb