Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

I also started a Heritage Guitar group on Flickr for you all to post pictures of your Heritage Guitars:  http://www.flickr.com/groups/989117@N23/

Here are some pics:

Thats a nice 150 right there. Welcome to the HoC. We have our own PhotoBucket site that we all (well, most) post pics to. But don't recall the url right off. It's here somewhere. Would be another good place for you to post your pics.

I pulled the cover off the back and the sticker read 150M - anyone know the info on this model?  I only see H150CM and H150 Special on the Heritage website.

I'm enjoying learning how to play it.  Got a long way to go!

Totonka,  think the 150'M' means it has an all-mahogany body, rather than a maple top with a mahogany body.

***Question, when I back off the tone pot, it's almost like a switch, not a click, but a noticible change in sound during that first tiny motion.  Is this normal? (both tone pots do it inthe middle PU position).

Thanks, Paul

Hrmmm, not sure what pots Heritage uses, but I would have guessed they would be linear. I know Hamer has special taper pots and they are not linear and so a small movement at the extreme end gets you a big "boost" relative to the change through the rest of the arc. Do the tone pots still do this when you're on either/or pup and not both?

Hrmmm, not sure what pots Heritage uses, but I would have guessed they would be linear. I know Hamer has special taper pots and they are not linear and so a small movement at the extreme end gets you a big "boost" relative to the change through the rest of the arc. Do the tone pots still do this when you're on either/or pup and not both?

From GuitarElectronics.com

What is the difference between Audio and Linear taper pots?

Audio and Linear taper pots have the same total resistance but differ in which position of rotation the pot will reach the 50% value. Linear pots  are usually marked with a B or Lin (examples 250KB, B250K, 250K Lin) and will reach 50% of its total resistance in the 50% rotation point. Audio taper pots are usually marked with an A or Aud (examples 500KA, A500K 500K Aud) and will decrease most of the resistance in the last 50% of the rotation. This can give a more gradual audio reduction is some cases. Most manufactures and builders either use Audio taper pots for volume and tone or  linear for volume and audio for tone. However, if a problem of exists where a volume or tone pot has no effect on the sound, try a changing the taper. How to check the taper with an ohm meter: Set the pot to the center position (50% rotation) and measure the resistance between the center pin and each of the outer pins. If the the resistance is equal (50% of the pots value) the pot is linear. If the values are not equal, the pot is an Audio taper.

Audio taper pots are usually in volume settings since our hearing is a log type response.    This tends to even out the increase in volume.  That's one of the things I hated about my old Fender Jaguar, it seemed to just jump in the last 1/8 turn in volume.  Of course at that time, I was a kid and didn't know about changing pots and stuff.  The tone was smoother.  In retrospect, they were probably linear tapers.

Well I'm new here, and although I do not yet own a Heritage guitar, I hope to.  I do own a couple of guitars including a R. Taylor acoustic, an American Deluxe Tele, and a Taylor T-5.  But what I'm gassing for is a H-535........someday soon.

Erick

Well I'm new here, and although I do not yet own a Heritage guitar, I hope to.  I do own a couple of guitars including a R. Taylor acoustic, an American Deluxe Tele, and a Taylor T-5.  But what I'm gassing for is a H-535........someday soon.

Erick

Welcome Erick!

535s are for sale all over the place...keep an eye on the bay watch/for sale sections and get your pay pal account stocked!! ;D

Erick

Welcome to The Club, Erick!  You're not alone in gassing for a 535, but have you, uh, checked out the 555 yet?  Suuuuhhhhweeet!

Hello All!  I am new here - registered tonight.

I own a '91 H140 w/factory 3-pickups, a '97 H150 Dark Amber Flame and a '00 H150 Alpine White w/Gold Hardware.

I really like Heritage guitars.  I also own a bunch of Fenders & Gibbys.

Hello All!  I am new here - registered tonight.

I own a '91 H140 w/factory 3-pickups, a '97 H150 Dark Amber Flame and a '00 H150 Alpine White w/Gold Hardware.

I really like Heritage guitars.  I also own a bunch of Fenders & Gibbys.

Welcome aboard MJ, and I'll be the first to welcome you and first to say  :this_thread_is_useless_withou

Karma up for your first post, but pics are King around here!!!

Thanks for the welcome, guys.  I should mention I live in British Columbia, Canada where these guitars appear to be almost non existent.  As far as I know, there are no Heritage dealers anywhere in Canada.  Anyway, I am certainly keeping my eyes open.  This forum is a great place to start the quest for a 535. 

Thanks for the welcome, guys.  I should mention I live in British Columbia, Canada where these guitars appear to be almost non existent.  As far as I know, there are no Heritage dealers anywhere in Canada.  Anyway, I am certainly keeping my eyes open.  This forum is a great place to start the quest for a 535. 

Hi 530 and Welcome to the HOC ...

from the Heritage website .... Canadian dealers.

"Encore Distribution 1349 Portage Ave Winnepeg Manitoba Canada                                    204-788-0967

Mojo's Music- Canada 430 Speers Rd Oakville Ontario Canada L6K2G2                                647-999-2603

Trespass Distribution 1171 8882 170th St Edisonweg 30 Edmonyon Alberta Canada T5T4J2  780-444-1366 "

8)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new here. Here's my story: When I was twelve I started on a cheapo beater nylon-string guitar playing Woody Guthrie tunes, then got a Silvertone guitar and amp and started  a band with two friends (two guitars/drums). Both guitars and one mic went through my Silvertone Model 1485 amp (two channels, reverb/tremolo, six 10" Jensens; I still have it). We did Stones, Beatles, Animals, Sam Cooke, Wilson Pickett, Ventures. That band lasted two years and after that I played very little guitar, except acoustic alone, for decades. I sold my Silvertone. Then in 1990 I was getting divorced and felt like getting an electric again, but had little money. I looked around and found a dinged up Heritage solid body. I liked the neck and the tone and it was only $120, so I bought it (photos are below, unless I've made some mistakes trying to add photos to this post). Few would say it's beautiful, but it was the axe for me. I hadn't heard of Heritage -- the store owner told me the Kalamazoo story.

I've had it ever since, and here I am.

Thanks for your hospitality! You folks have some really beautiful guitars, way prettier than mine.

heritage1.jpg

heritage1.jpg_thumb

heritage2.jpg

heritage2.jpg_thumb

heritage3.jpg

heritage3.jpg_thumb

heritage4.jpg

heritage4.jpg_thumb

Hi,

My name is Scott, and I have GAS like the rest of you!  I have a thing for red (or black cherry) colored guitars.

I currently own 16 guitars  ... soon to be 17 (hopefully). As you can see by my signature I have a variety of instruments, the Heritage and PRS are amongst my favorites. I have built some pretty cool customized Warmoth pieces I play out with as well. I'm in a band called Heritage (not after the name of the guitar ... that's just coincidence). http://www.myspace.com/heritage2007  We are a classic Rock band with some southern rock added in.

My Heritage H-535 Classic in red is the reason I am here.

Does anyone have a gold top P90 heritage that they care to brag up a bit? I'm think about getting one (#18?).

I am fortunate that one of my best friends is an Electrical Engineer and Fender certified repair main. Aside from our full time jobs at a large computer manufacturer, we are both guitar players.  He knows vintage amps and can repair, hot rod or modify an amp to do amazing things. He does all my amp work and he's a heck of a guitar player himself!  He was also one of the designers of the X-Box chip  ... bright guy!! He actually owns a 1951 Telecaster (yeah ... he knows what it's worth!!).

I help this friend of mine in his shop (http://www.telemanguitars.com/) and I do a lot of guitar setups. I've seen some real nice guitars and some real pieces of junk. EVERY Heritage I have ever seen is good, I only see them if someone is showing it off or for setup work (new strings clean up, intonation check).

Fortunately, both our wives are cool about our GAS situation and are enablers (has bought guitars for their hubby's).

Last guitar my wife bought me was a hotrodded  Gretsch 5120 with locking tuners, pinned bridge, and TV Jones Pickups (turned it into a Brian Setzer clone for much less money).

My 12 year old daughter loves my Heritage 535 ... she always asks me to do the scene  from 'Back To The Future' - Johnny B. Goode / Van Halen (which I have done on a gig  ;D ) ... 'I suppose you guys weren't ready for that yet .... but your kids are going to love it'.

Amps I use? 

Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb series II   (in a 5/8 ply, rolling road case - main gigging amp)

Fender Pro Tube Series Twin  (modded to tame the gain)

Mesa Boogie Nomad 100 head (WAY under rated head!!) 

4x12 Fender cab      (Celestion G75-12T's)

2x12 Mesa Slant cab

Fender Silver face 1978 .. pristine still has tags on it!!  (Dumble Sounding mod by my EE buddy)

Fender Hotrod Deluxe (modded to get that harsh sounding gain smoothed out)

Peavey Studio (for Talk box and solid state usage).

Play at least an Hour a Day and you'll never get gray (at least as far as you'll know).

Greatings! My name is Andras, i live in Budapest Hungary. I'm a pro player, I'm leading my band Nigun and teaching at the one of the Conservatories here as well. For more info pls. see this links: www.nigun.hu or www.myspace.com/nigunband.

I'm playing on Heritage guitars like 15 years, i had a bunch of them...all of them were great. Now i playing on a H-140 and my main guitar now is a Roy Clark model with HRW's. Very nice forum, congratulation!

h-140_1.JPG

h-140_1.JPG_thumb

roy_clark_1.jpg

roy_clark_1.jpg_thumb