Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Welcome! Yes, Vintage Wineburst is said to be Marv's favorite finish. (True or false I don't know.) You can special order a new 535 in VWB if you can't find a stocking dealer who has one.

That's great to hear! Thanks very much.

Hi

Just joined the forum - obviously :newbie:

I own a 2004 H535 tobacco sunburst and a 2006 H150 Deluxe Old Style Sunburst.

I bought them both new (new old stock), in 2006 and 2010 respectively.

I play them at home through a Matchless Lightning Reverb and a number of analog effect pedals.

I also own an Ernie Ball Silhouette Special 2006 anniversary edition, SSH, for different sounds, and a couple of accoustic guitars.

I'm a very ordinary player and have never gigged. I do play with mates every now and then, mostly bluesy and traditional ballady rock stuff. I've started jazz lessons to open my horizons and really enjoy it.

Cheerio.

Hi

Just joined the forum - obviously :newbie:

I own a 2004 H535 tobacco sunburst and a 2006 H150 Deluxe Old Style Sunburst.

I bought them both new (new old stock), in 2006 and 2010 respectively.

I play them at home through a Matchless Lightning Reverb and a number of analog effect pedals.

I also own an Ernie Ball Silhouette Special 2006 anniversary edition, SSH, for different sounds, and a couple of accoustic guitars.

I'm a very ordinary player and have never gigged. I do play with mates every now and then, mostly bluesy and traditional ballady rock stuff. I've started jazz lessons to open my horizons and really enjoy it.

Cheerio.

The H535 and the H150 are a great combination of guitars! Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello you guys.

I am a new member,, just dropped in a few weeks ago, looking for something special.

I have owned an H575 since 1995 and I still love that guitar. My story is, after a few days and posting a message that I was in the market for a sweet 16, i was contaced by a member who had a Johnny Smith for sale.

I made the right choice and now that guitar is here with me. It plays and sounds better than anything I hve ever had in my hands, including a Guild X500 that I fell for in 95 - but could not afford.

Thanks to my wife (this is an early anniversary gift) - like the 575 was 20 years ago.

We don't go out much, but will be playing with a few friends and we lovereal book tunes (ol school jazz standards).

Yeah man...

Rich

(sorry no pictures yet)

Hi, brand new here, brand new to Heritage, brand new to playing, Just brand spanking new to everything guitar related. I'm 67, love blues, and rock, and actually all kinds of music. I started taking lessons in November, know the chords to 7 songs,LOL and I've bought 19 guitars so far, sold 10 so currently have 8 counting the Heritage H-150 that I just received today. Basically I have more guitars than I can play chords... I'm sure you'll agree that there's nothing wrong with that. Perfectly normal She's a beauty and sounds outstanding. Not a mark that can be given a name and is exceptional. The previous owner seems to be selling all his guitars and I was lucky enough to get this one. She's a 2005 H-150 with Sperzel solid pro tuners, Ivory paddles, Sheptone PAF pickups, Tribute

Harriet_zpspdt12rpd.png:glasses9:

He went by the name willpreachforfood, on the site I purchased through. Seems like a great guy, certainly described the guitar well and honestly. Great transaction. Said he was selling 20 Heritage guitars. He suggested this forum I haven't taken any pics yet but can post the sale pics, you might recognize it.

Wonder why he's selling all these great guitars.. Hope all is well with him.

Look forward to getting to know you guys and gals and I'm open to any and all advice.

Hello you guys.

I am a new member,, just dropped in a few weeks ago, looking for something special.

I have owned an H575 since 1995 and I still love that guitar. My story is, after a few days and posting a message that I was in the market for a sweet 16, i was contaced by a member who had a Johnny Smith for sale.

I made the right choice and now that guitar is here with me. It plays and sounds better than anything I hve ever had in my hands, including a Guild X500 that I fell for in 95 - but could not afford.

Thanks to my wife (this is an early anniversary gift) - like the 575 was 20 years ago.

We don't go out much, but will be playing with a few friends and we lovereal book tunes (ol school jazz standards).

Yeah man...

Rich

(sorry no pictures yet)

Hi, brand new here, brand new to Heritage, brand new to playing, Just brand spanking new to everything guitar related. I'm 67, love blues, and rock, and actually all kinds of music. I started taking lessons in November, know the chords to 7 songs,LOL and I've bought 19 guitars so far, sold 10 so currently have 8 counting the Heritage H-150 that I just received today. Basically I have more guitars than I can play chords... I'm sure you'll agree that there's nothing wrong with that. Perfectly normal She's a beauty and sounds outstanding. Not a mark that can be given a name and is exceptional. The previous owner seems to be selling all his guitars and I was lucky enough to get this one. She's a 2005 H-150 with Sperzel solid pro tuners, Ivory paddles, Sheptone PAF pickups, Tribute

Harriet_zpspdt12rpd.png:glasses9:

He went by the name willpreachforfood, on the site I purchased through. Seems like a great guy, certainly described the guitar well and honestly. Great transaction. Said he was selling 20 Heritage guitars. He suggested this forum I haven't taken any pics yet but can post the sale pics, you might recognize it.

Wonder why he's selling all these great guitars.. Hope all is well with him.

Look forward to getting to know you guys and gals and I'm open to any and all advice.

WELCOME ALL!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello lovers of all things Heritage. My name is Mark and I am currently waiting on my first Heritage guitar to arrive.

Its going to be a Lefty 535 in OSB and I cant wait to play it. First Heritage I played was at a young age and have wanted ever one since.

I will post pics when it comes in.

-Mark

Hello lovers of all things Heritage. My name is Mark and I am currently waiting on my first Heritage guitar to arrive.

Its going to be a Lefty 535 in OSB and I cant wait to play it. First Heritage I played was at a young age and have wanted ever one since.

I will post pics when it comes in.

-Mark

That's great! Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

A (hopefully) future Heritage owner here.

I was looking around for a U.S.-made semi-hollow and thinking about a used Guild Starfire IV when I ran across some pictures of an H-535 in Vintage Wine Burst that I think is one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen. I've been a fan of Heritage Guitars almost since their founding and made it a point to drive by the factory on a trip through Michigan in 1986, but I have never owne a Heritage before. Hopefully this will change soon.

Does anyone know if Heritage is still doing the Vintage Wine Burst finish? The color listing on the company's web site seems like it's pretty old and I'm hoping that they still offer this finish. I may order through the Custom Shop to get the guitar that I want (moderately beefy neck, Kluson-style tuners and Seth Lover pickups).

I'm enjoying this site quite a bit, especially the photos from the Parsons Street Pilgramages.

My Heritage Prospect (2014) is in Vintage WineBurst... love the finish. welcome to the club.

20150108105238.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly one week ago today I joined the ranks of proud Heritage Guitar owners.

I bought an amazing used H-555 online. I have had 1 week with it to compare and contrast it to my other guitars using 3 different amps. I have to say that it is everything that I have ever dreamed of tone wise, sustain wise, neck playability wise and obviously looks and craftsmanship wise. I have a rehearsal this weekend with my band (3 piece) and can't wait to test drive it. I have noticed a few "personality traits" or "nuances" with this guitar that are all positives, but in the coming months I want to seek to understand them using this forum.

I feel like it was totally meant to be that me and this guitar were to become really good buddies!

Exactly one week ago today I joined the ranks of proud Heritage Guitar owners.

I bought an amazing used H-555 online. I have had 1 week with it to compare and contrast it to my other guitars using 3 different amps. I have to say that it is everything that I have ever dreamed of tone wise, sustain wise, neck playability wise and obviously looks and craftsmanship wise. I have a rehearsal this weekend with my band (3 piece) and can't wait to test drive it. I have noticed a few "personality traits" or "nuances" with this guitar that are all positives, but in the coming months I want to seek to understand them using this forum.

I feel like it was totally meant to be that me and this guitar were to become really good buddies!

Welcome!!

• 1 month later...

Hello players,

I'm profgumby here, but my friends call me Swen. Have been playing since 1964, but not very often due to "life" responsibilities; raising kids, restoring old houses, work (see, work is last), and stuff like that. Starting to think retirement, and don't want to spend the rest of my life watching TV - I'll play guitar instead :-)

So, I just sold my '73 Gibson L6-S (black-perfect) and Martin DC1-E - and picked up a new Heritage H535 in natural finish. An ES-335 has been on my bucket list for roughly 30 years, and I finally bit the bullet after playing a '535 a few months back but went with the Heritage instead. But I have a question for the group.

The L6-S had a bit of buckle rash, and I'd like to prevent that on the Heritage. I've been surfing the net, and came up with quite a few "finish protectors" for the back of the guitar.

Any comments/recommendations on rash protection would be appreciated.

Ciao'

profgumby

Hello My name is Marshall and I have two Heritage guitars.

I have an H-150 burst of some kind but I don't know the name for it.

It is kind of root beer colored around the edges and lighter in the middle.

It has uncovered Seymour Duncan pups and Gibson type bridge and stop tail.

I also have a H-150 P that is black with the original gold hardware.

How do you post pictures on this site? I had to crop them so small to be 1.5m you

can hardly see them and they were still to big to use for my portrait.

Marshall, a JPG file that fits in the avatar slot should be about 5-10k, not 1.5M. They are only about 180x180 pixel photos. Convert your regular pics to JPGs around 1024x768 or 800 x 600 and they will post fine. Store them on a site like Photobucket, dropBox, or other cloud storage areas. Then just post the public link to that file by clicking the little picture frame icon, paste in the link and Presto! Easy as pie!

Welcome aboard!

Hello players,

I'm profgumby here, but my friends call me Swen. Have been playing since 1964, but not very often due to "life" responsibilities; raising kids, restoring old houses, work (see, work is last), and stuff like that. Starting to think retirement, and don't want to spend the rest of my life watching TV - I'll play guitar instead :-)

So, I just sold my '73 Gibson L6-S (black-perfect) and Martin DC1-E - and picked up a new Heritage H535 in natural finish. An ES-335 has been on my bucket list for roughly 30 years, and I finally bit the bullet after playing a '535 a few months back but went with the Heritage instead. But I have a question for the group.

The L6-S had a bit of buckle rash, and I'd like to prevent that on the Heritage. I've been surfing the net, and came up with quite a few "finish protectors" for the back of the guitar.

Any comments/recommendations on rash protection would be appreciated.

Ciao'

profgumby

Welcome! Wear an untucked tshirt and or move your buckle off center away from the body of your guitar (above your front pants pocket on under the headstock side of your guitar.) If people ask you why your buckle is off center, just tell them you play guitar and they'll understand. I always have a tactical knife clipped onto the front pocket of my pants (on the guitar body side) which I always have to remember to take off and lay on top of the amp while I play.

Or just gain a few pounds. Us muffin tops never have a problem with buckle rash.

True dat

• 5 weeks later...

Here goes ....

Greetings to all, I've been reading the posts ever since i ordered my new Heritage H-140cm which arrived yesterday, and I finally put it down long enough to write ... I am blown away by this guitar - I JUST LOVE IT!

I have owned an early 60's model G*****n LP custom ... (the SG shape with triple gold pups, ebony fretboard and that funny tremolo arm), as well as an SG special, but this guitar is the best thing I have ever laid paws on!

I bought it for my 65th birthday, and even though I'm an old fart, it takes me right back to the late 60's/early 70's when I had hair and the music was all I ever needed.

I now live in the Kimberley region of Western Australia ... crocodiles and wild country, but she'll get played somehow!

So that's my 2 cents worth, and my introduction!

Welcome Treefrog! Post a picture of your new 140 sometime. Until then, keep your paws working them strings.

Horace