Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hello all,

Sorry for posting elsewhere first.

I'm a ten year veteran and earned two Masters degrees a few years back and now drowning in school debt. Joohyyyy!

Anyway, I really like the Heritage sounds. Basically, I'm here to learn more about Heritage and hopefully buy one someday.

There's many different styles that I like and have already played for a while but stopped about a year ago after work started consuming everything. So I took charge of my life, left the east coast and moved to the laid back southwest to reclaim my life and music should be part of it.

So before I heard Peter Green I was always into playing classical piano but I really wanted to try the blues after Peter Green. Time got away but not the desire.

Plus, there's just so many awesome songs to play with a bluesey style; early R&B, British blues, etc.

Alright.

Thanks all.

Later

Hi,

Onur here, from Turkey.

Been playing guitar 12 years now.

Just got a H-157 after wanting a H-150 for a long time, she's arriving in 2-3 days.

I'll share photos when she's in my hands.

I'm hoping to order a custom H-150 too soon.

Hola todos ...my poor spanish. Hi everyone. I'm Estevote, a classic guitarist now for 50 years..who has decided that he wants to study jazz and develop improvisational skills. My only electric guitars are a Ramirez 2CWE and a Godin LGX SA but I've spent most all of the past week researching guitars online (along with studying my 1st free online jazz lessons) and searching for an appropriate guitar..I have to be very selective, since I already have about 30 classical guitars sitting around here...I do try to play all of them in their turn..and to make a long story shorter, I thought that the Heritage guitars were closer to what I am used to playing..you know, the solid wood variety acoustic classical type..so I have made my purchase..I have cast the die...I found a `96 H575 that is brand new and purchased it on one of those auction sites. Now, understand, the seller ships it to a place in the U.S. where they bring it to my door here in Costa Rica, AFTER I pay a little over 30% of the purchase price + shipping, which is why I needed to find a good deal. So, it will be at least a month before I have my new 575. I can only wait and hope that I've done the right thing..the guitar is brand new, never out of the store, 1996 H575 regular classic type with the sunburst whatever..the price was a little under $1500 delivered to the place that will deliver it to me, after I pay what I estimate as another $500 to $600, which as best I can figure is still under cost of a new H575..so I hope it is right and all goes well and the guitar arrives safely etc etc...it's a risk, but one that I've made a dozen times already with pretty good results..most all of the fine classical guitars that have been brought to me were more expensive. So I'd love to hear opinions...I'm encouraged by seeing the recent posts being made within the past month of the current year..maybe someone here will read this and give me their "2 cents" I'm looking forward to being able to post an update next month telling how wonderful my new guitar is. Hasta pronto..

Estevote, welcome. You purchased a great guitar for jazz. Looking forward to seeing pictures of it next month. Peace, Stephen

Just joined while waiting for my first Heritage to arrive. Finally arrived a couple days ago. I had been looking for a Jr style for awhile and never found a decent one outside of 2K custom shop versions. I happened to be in K-zoo and caught the tour a couple weeks ago and well, here I am.
bb8defdab12762a357414cc3ed43868a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by lanon

• 1 month later...

This is a great forum, well done guys. While I'm new to the owners forum, I've been an owner and fan of Heritage guitars for almost 15 years, and I've already picked up some good info and even a few pointers here. Thanks!

Hey guys,

I`m new to this forum and just wanted to say hello. Im 23 years old and live in Germany. Ive owned an H 150 25th Anniversary for about two years now. Its a wonderfull guitar, extremely resonant and with great looks as well. It has a quite chunky neck which Im very fond of, too.

Currently I dont know how to embed pictures here so I provide this link for some visual impressions of this one:

http://s628.photobucket.com/user/eufrat1/media/20151013_102622_zpsuhxo3n41.jpg.html

As I am interested in Heritage Guitars for a few years now, especially regarding their beautiful woods and colours, I thought it to be time to join this forum.

Greets

eufrat

Hey guys,

I`m new to this forum and just wanted to say hello. Im 23 years old and live in Germany. Ive owned an H 150 25th Anniversary for about two years now. Its a wonderfull guitar, extremely resonant and with great looks as well. It has a quite chunky neck which Im very fond of, too.

Currently I dont know how to embed pictures here so I provide this link for some visual impressions of this one:

http://s628.photobucket.com/user/eufrat1/media/20151013_102622_zpsuhxo3n41.jpg.html

As I am interested in Heritage Guitars for a few years now, especially regarding their beautiful woods and colours, I thought it to be time to join this forum.

Greets

eufrat

Hello. Thats a nice guitar!!!

Hi from Europe (Belgium),

I'm Max. 38 years old. Been playing guitar since early 90's. I play as semi-professionnal.I've learnt so much interesting things through this forum since lots of year. I own (too much) differents guitars and several LP (Greco, Tokai and Bacchus). Recently I have bought a nice and old Heritage H 150. Since twenty years, I always hope to buy one... Here's its specs :

1993 Heritage in vintage sunburst. The headstock has been expertly reshaped by a professional luthier to the classic Gibson "open book" shape - looks just great! Upgraded with Seymour Duncan Antiquity and aged '59 humbuckers, aged Tone-Pros/Kluson tuners, light weight aluminium tailpiece, nickel-plated vintage bridge, Gibson pickguard, aged pickup rings, Gibson knobs w/ metal pointer washers, aged Switch Tip, aged DMC 59 trussrod-cover. Comes with original case. The condition is excellent plus.

I'm waiting for it to be delivered.

Hi from Europe (Belgium),

I'm Max. 38 years old. Been playing guitar since early 90's. I play as semi-professionnal.I've learnt so much interesting things through this forum since lots of year. I own (too much) differents guitars and several LP (Greco, Tokai and Bacchus). Recently I have bought a nice and old Heritage H 150. Since twenty years, I always hope to buy one... Here's its specs :

1993 Heritage in vintage sunburst. The headstock has been expertly reshaped by a professional luthier to the classic Gibson "open book" shape - looks just great! Upgraded with Seymour Duncan Antiquity and aged '59 humbuckers, aged Tone-Pros/Kluson tuners, light weight aluminium tailpiece, nickel-plated vintage bridge, Gibson pickguard, aged pickup rings, Gibson knobs w/ metal pointer washers, aged Switch Tip, aged DMC 59 trussrod-cover. Comes with original case. The condition is excellent plus.

I'm waiting for it to be delivered.

Welcome to the HOC Max.

Nice score!!! That's a very interesting guitar you've picked up. Any shots of he headstock straight on and do you know for sure that a luthier "reshaped" the headstock? I'm not so sure, I think the guitar most likely received a new neck at some point.

or

I do know of a very few "open book" H150's out there from that era and I'm now wondering if that's one of them.

Welcome to the HOC Max.

Nice score!!! That's a very interesting guitar you've picked up. Any shots of he headstock straight on and do you know for sure that a luthier "reshaped" the headstock? I'm not so sure, I think the guitar most likely received a new neck at some point.

or

I do know of a very few "open book" H150's out there from that era and I'm now wondering if that's one of them.

Hi...

Thanks for comments. I ve made several research. Not found any Heritage with open book headstock.if you have infos... Please tell me.

This one comes from a reputable european professionnal seller. If it's a new neck, how can the luthier duplicate exactly the inscription behind headstock ?

Hi,

Let me introduce myself. I have been a guitar player for over 50 years. (I started _very_ young because both my parents played.) Around 25 years ago, I started shopping at "The Classic Axe," in Manassas, Virginia. (It has since moved to Gainesville, Virginia.) CA was the first Heritage dealer I ever ran across. I immediately fell for Golden Eagles, Super Eagles, and Johnny Smith The Rose guitars. I decided that I would get one, at some point. (I was a committed Gibson archtop guy.)

Last year, after 30 years of playing a vintage Gibson, I sold it for my 2001 Super Eagle. The last year has been a great year of playing archtop guitar. The guitar is superbly made. It is wonderfully playable. It is, of course, beautiful. Does anyone apply a shaded finish better than Heritage? I doubt it. I bought my guitar from the late Patrick2 (Patrick D'Amato). He was a great guy. I know he generated some controversy here with his strongly held opinions, but I assure you that he was a super and caring guy. The guitar used to be owned by Marty Grass, too.

I play jazz, country, blues, pop, and whatever people ask for. I grew up as a fan of Merle Travis and the West Coast hot shots. However, I also played a lot of Chet. Of course, I got my head turned around by all of the great jazz players, too. These days, when I am not performing blues and jazz (that doesn't get too far away from the melody), I enjoy playing chord melody around the house.

The forum is great. I actually joined before the closure/reopening, but didn't post much--mostly read.

Here is a picture of my Super Eagle when it was owned, I believe, by Marty Grass:

med_gallery_2472_317_42919.jpg

• Upvote 1