Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hey y'all I'm warriorpoet. Been a long time Harmony Central poster, though not as much lately now that I play for a living.

I don't actually own a Heritage yet (put down those stones...), but I'm working on it.

I'm looking forward to many pretty pictures and irristible GAS attacks.

Also good advices. Many, many good advices.

Welcome!

Welcome Craigabrammer,

Years ago, there were Heritage T-shirts, and of course at PSPs, we have had shirts made. Those are now "collectables", as they are no longer available, but I'm guessing that with the new owners and the push for marketing, they will be having some new shirts available in the future. I would say to watch the web site, or even drop them a message.

Thanks! Know where I could order a shirt by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally make my own thru various t-shirt printing sites.

wm-front_zps707fb1e0.jpg

Edited by Polo

Hi there! Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself, I live in England near London and am the proud owner of my 150 in almond burst. I bought it in 2004 from Ed Roman (yes, I know!) and to be honest, despite all the flak he got, I had a great experience, they shipped it over (yes I bought it without playing it - I could not find a single bad review on the net at the time so I took a punt - I was not disappointed!) and it's been one of the best guitars I've ever played.

It's heavy though, 10lbs and 9oz! But that's fine with me, I love it.

Ed Roman gave me a choice of any Seymour Duncans so I opted for a JB and a '59 but since then I've swapped them out for DiMarzio 36th Anniversary PAFs in cream to go with the binding (looks very Ace Frehley now!)

Here's something I knocked up last weekend, me making up a solo to Paradise City, I think the guitar with DiMarzios sounds great.

Anyhow, just checking in to say hello, hope you're all doing well.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Art and I'm completely new to Heritage. In fact, I don't own one yet. I've ordered a custom 575 with a 1.75" neck through Wolfe Guitars, and now will have to wait for it to be built. I jointed this forum to learn and help me deal with the delayed gratification for the next couple of months. I'm 73 years old, and have played fretted instruments for years, but recently decided to try and learn to play jazz guitar. After playing nothing but first position, three chord, folk songs; this is a major challenge to say the least.

Hi there! Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself, I live in England near London and am the proud owner of my 150 in almond burst. I bought it in 2004 from Ed Roman (yes, I know!) and to be honest, despite all the flak he got, I had a great experience, they shipped it over (yes I bought it without playing it - I could not find a single bad review on the net at the time so I took a punt - I was not disappointed!) and it's been one of the best guitars I've ever played.

It's heavy though, 10lbs and 9oz! But that's fine with me, I love it.

Ed Roman gave me a choice of any Seymour Duncans so I opted for a JB and a '59 but since then I've swapped them out for DiMarzio 36th Anniversary PAFs in cream to go with the binding (looks very Ace Frehley now!)

Here's something I knocked up last weekend, me making up a solo to Paradise City, I think the guitar with DiMarzios sounds great.

Anyhow, just checking in to say hello, hope you're all doing well.

Cheers

Hey PsychoAngus, you burned up that 150 on that GnR tune!! Great stuff.

Welcome to the HOC.

Hi, my name is Art and I'm completely new to Heritage. In fact, I don't own one yet. I've ordered a custom 575 with a 1.75" neck through Wolfe Guitars, and now will have to wait for it to be built. I jointed this forum to learn and help me deal with the delayed gratification for the next couple of months. I'm 73 years old, and have played fretted instruments for years, but recently decided to try and learn to play jazz guitar. After playing nothing but first position, three chord, folk songs; this is a major challenge to say the least.

Waiting is tough, lots of us have been there. But it's always great to get a new guitar! When it comes everyone here will want to see it of course.

Hi all. In 1988, when I was 19, I saved like a madman and purchased a cherry H150 from the parsons street facility. Since I was stupid I sold it several years later and only just this morning acquired a 2004 H157 from a great guy named Brent. Beautiful instrument that was on my to do list to own again. Glad to be back in the family.

Thanks. I'm really digging the new guitar. I thought I might want to replace the Schaller humbuckers but they are actually really great sounding pickups. Everything else is solid and I can't get over the sustain on this thing. It's a rocker alright, although it's a heavy one.

• 3 weeks later...

A big shout out to all of you HOC members that lurk in the background but don't post much!

You know who you are! But we don't. :)

The sole purpose of this thread is to send out a special HELLO! And to ask if you'll drop in and say something about you or your Heritage guitar. Consider this a kind of online HOC meet and greet...or even a Heritage-Aholic group hug.

OK, I'll start..."Hi, my name is Tim, but my friends here call me Gitfiddler. My favorite Heritages are (in no particular order): Sweet 16, Golden Eagle, H-555, H-150 and of course the H-157. I'd love to own a Millenium, but cannot spell it or afford one yet. :rolleyes:

Alright guys and gals, YOUR TURN!

Who are you...and tell us something about you and your favorite Heritages! Let's see how many newbies or oldies will say HELLO! 8)

Well, my name is Ed and I live outside Chicago. I don't own a Heritage and am not much of a guitarist either. However, I'm making the guitar one of my retirement projects. I grew up in Grand Rapids and went to college in Kalamazoo. I love the Heritage story. So, after lurking around the forum a bit I'm guessing some of you might help me in my quest.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Well, my name is Ed and I live outside Chicago. I don't own a Heritage and am not much of a guitarist either. However, I'm making the guitar one of my retirement projects. I grew up in Grand Rapids and went to college in Kalamazoo. I love the Heritage story. So, after lurking around the forum a bit I'm guessing some of you might help me in my quest.

Hi Ed,

So, I grew up in the Chicago area (Villa Park and Lombard); left in 1969. What model of Heritage are you looking to get?

I'm actually in Elmhurst so we're neighbors. I was thinking about a millennium, maybe for no reason than its a little smaller. My only electric guitar is a used and beat up Peavy semi-hollow body that I actually got in Villa Park. I find it a little big.

I'm actually in Elmhurst so we're neighbors. I was thinking about a millennium, maybe for no reason than its a little smaller. My only electric guitar is a used and beat up Peavy semi-hollow body that I actually got in Villa Park. I find it a little big.

Yes, a Millie will give you lots of options to choose from (f hole or no, single or double cut.) I've never played one but I hear they are wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm Keith. I just joined because I'm in the process of buying a Lefty H150! I've been playing over twenty years and I've needed a real guitar for a long time.

I wanted a Kalamazoo sibling for my 1917 Gibson L-1 and I'm sure The Heritage will deliver.

My current electric is a parts Paul, assembled from a Lefty SX with Jimmy Page wiring and Seymour Duncan Whole Lotta Humbuckers, gold Grovers, Switchcraft jack and toggle, vintage Sprague Black Beauties...

Some of this stuff will end up in the H-150 for sure.

I also built my own HiWatt clone for my main amp. I've documented some of this elsewhere, so I'll link to it sometime soon.

When I get the Heritage in a few weeks, I'll be back to share it with you guys :D

Hi I'm Keith. I just joined because I'm in the process of buying a Lefty H150! I've been playing over twenty years and I've needed a real guitar for a long time.

I wanted a Kalamazoo sibling for my 1917 Gibson L-1 and I'm sure The Heritage will deliver.

My current electric is a parts Paul, assembled from a Lefty SX with Jimmy Page wiring and Seymour Duncan Whole Lotta Humbuckers, gold Grovers, Switchcraft jack and toggle, vintage Sprague Black Beauties...

Some of this stuff will end up in the H-150 for sure.

I also built my own HiWatt clone for my main amp. I've documented some of this elsewhere, so I'll link to it sometime soon.

When I get the Heritage in a few weeks, I'll be back to share it with you guys :D

Welcome to the asylum! Anxious to see your new lefty 150 as well as that Hiwatt clone rig.

Hello all,

I've been a lurker here for a few months and finally decided to join in. There are some great discussion going on here so it's been very helpful. I have a couple of lefty H535s and love them. I have become addicted to this guitar company. Please help me. I'm thinking about buying a H150 but don't really need it. Well, I sort of need it. I could most certainly use it. I would use it. So I guess I should go find one...

• Upvote 1

Hello all,

I've been a lurker here for a few months and finally decided to join in. There are some great discussion going on here so it's been very helpful. I have a couple of lefty H535s and love them. I have become addicted to this guitar company. Please help me. I'm thinking about buying a H150 but don't really need it. Well, I sort of need it. I could most certainly use it. I would use it. So I guess I should go find one...

A noble ambition if ever I heard one.

Hello all,

It took me months to secure a Lefty H150... I'm not saying it's impossible, but it would have been a lot less hassle if I had saved up some more and ordered a new one from Wolfe Guitars or something.

It took me months to secure a Lefty H150... I'm not saying it's impossible, but it would have been a lot less hassle if I had saved up some more and ordered a new one from Wolfe Guitars or something.

That's what I think I'm going to do. Order one. If I order one I was thinking 25.5" scale. Anyone play a H150 like that?

That's what I think I'm going to do. Order one. If I order one I was thinking 25.5" scale. Anyone play a H150 like that?

I grew up playing a Strat, but getting my first Les Paul copy was a revelation. It was so much easier to play. I just got better almost immediately.

I guess it depends on your hands and what your comfortable with, but I'm a big fan of 24.75.