Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

HI all!

My turn, I suppose! Real Life name is same as HOC handle; longtime Fargo, ND resident. I've been a HOC forums lurker for some time now, but just noticed this thread.

After 2 years of lessons from a GIT-Trained instructor 30 years ago ( in my teen years), I sold my Fender Deluxe Reverb and Charvel s-type to help pay for college. Bought a Blueridge western acoustic (BR65), and played sparingly for the next 30 years...

Fast forward to present: The kids are grown and almost gone, and I've got time to rekindle an old love. That meant Jazz guitar lessons from a local university instructor. I'm shaking off the rust, and learning sure comes more difficult now that it did before, but I've been greatly enjoying re-learning a genre of music that I did not fully appreciate in my youth! I quickly discovered the limitations of the Blueridge, and sought a jazz box to mitigate the challenges of trying to play jazz music on a western guitar. I found a used Ibanez SS300. It actually plays quite well, but is certainly a 'bridge' guitar until I can fullfil the dream and buy a Heritage archtop... My old hometown music store in Bismarck, ND (Eckroth Music) was a very early Heritage dealer, and I fell in love with them from the get-go. So, I keep playing, and learning, and waiting for the time to become a Heritage owner myself!

Best wishes, all

Justin

Edited by JustinHegstad

Welcome Justin.

I know the feeling of picking up up a guitar after DECADES of it hiding under the bed or in the closet. The good part for me was finding that my love of playing was stronger than when I was young. Plus, you can probably indulge yourself a little more than you could when you were young.

Be sure to let us know when you find "the one".

Edited by TalismanRich

• 4 weeks later...

New guy Steve checking in! I received a H535 from my brother and his wife for my 60th birthday!!! Long time Gibson and Fender owner. This is my first Heritage! I was stunned when I opened the case! Absolutely beautiful!

post-22737-0-35181700-1476125514_thumb.jpg

Stunning! The color and pickguard looks like early 1960s 335..

My brother lives in Kalamazoo and picked it up at the factory. He said everyone there was awesome and were super helpful in choosing this one! There is a custom shop label inside that everyone there signed!

I used to have an early 70's 335 and this one is much nicer!

Edited by sgt1577

Welcome. Hope to hear how you two have bonded very soon. More pics would be great that top is spectacular. Congratulations!!

Hi, Damjan here, first post and got really interested when Skolnick repped Heritage a few years ago. Had a new Gibson that I liked except just wasn't heavy enough (modern weight relief) and was missing sustain so here I am.

I had no idea about weight relief until a few months ago and I'll be honest, it was hard to stomach what I was reading.

Just got this 1996 Heritage H150 from guitarcenter.com, couldn't be more pleased with it. It is EXACTLY the tank I want in an LP, sustain for days, sturdy, chunky neck, fights back when I'm picking (the weight relieved models move with my hand so it makes it harder to pick on as my right hand is going all over the place instead of a heavy body helping to keep it in place).

One question, I notice sometimes this websites goes to a url4short.info page, any idea what's up with that?

Rrsj9skl.jpg

vhdYEHxl.jpg

Toodiesel

Glad you found what you were looking for. For sure, most of the older 150s tend to be on the "beefy" side. For some of us, that's a problem (holding 10-11 lbs for any length of time is agony for me sometimes). I'm sure that's why the weight relief is becoming more popular. Its nice to have the choice, tho,

RE: url4short, Its not something from HOC or IP board, but its an adware redirect. Its like Taboola, totally worthless crap that really make the net run like crap. The folks who push this stuff on unsuspecting folks should have their internet access cut.

There are several tools out there for removal. You might need to run something like Malwarebytes to really root it out. The problem is that once you hit one of those ads, there's a good chance it stuck something somewhere on your system.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all! I'm Marc. I'm a newbie here, and not yet an owner of a Heritage, but I'm strongly considering it. I figure I'd come by here and hang out, ask some questions, and most importantly, Ogle some guitars! :D

I'm 24. Any other young Heritage users here?

Welcome!

Wow a bunch of HOC newbies and lurkers have joined the party. We all started where you are. And soon, the tri-level Heritage addiction hits.

First you find yourself trolling for used Heritage guitars here on the HOC, Craig's List, Reverb and Ebay.

The second level is a daily scouring of Gbase and other online Heritage dealers for available new Heritage guitars.

The final (and most incurable) level is calling the factory and dealers to discuss your custom order. This is incurable because it is recurring, year after year. The Heritage addiction is in full force by then.

Just ask a few of us old timers. :icon_silent:

Oh, and welcome to the asylum. :icon_smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all of you!

My Name is Ralph and I am from Europe/Germany.

I own a 1991 H150 - bought in 1994 - and most recently I aquired a H535 a 2009 model, 25. Anniversary series.

My H150 has a badge at the rearside of the headstock stating "selected edition".

Origionally I was looking for an other Kalamazoo-sister :laughing7: when I found the H535 a few weeks ago. Today I am very happy that "my" H535 saved me from spending a lot more money....

Okay, as I am from Germany, I am not a native Speaker. So please forgive me when my english is "rubbish" or when I shuffled my english through my german brain and the words are not as accurate as they should be ...

Looking forward discussing with you or sharing infos.

Have a nice day wherever you are on the planet!

Ralph

Edited by Einerbe
  • Upvote 1

Hello to all of you!

My Name is Ralph and I am from Europe/Germany.

I own a 1991 H150 - bought in 1994 - and most recently I aquired a H535 a 2009 model, 25. Anniversary series.

My H150 has a badge at the rearside of the headstock stating "selected edition".

Origionally I was looking for an other Kalamazoo-sister :laughing7: when I found the H535 a few weeks ago. Today I am very happy that "my" H535 saved me from spending a lot more money....

Okay, as I am from Germany, I am not a native Speaker. So please forgive me when my english is "rubbish" or when I shuffled my english through my german brain and the words are not as accurate as they should be ...

Looking forward discussing with you or sharing infos.

Have a nice day wherever you are on the planet!

Ralph

herzlich willkommen :hello:

• Upvote 1

Hey folks.

Not a new member but I don't post much. Just dropped by to see how things are going. Still have two Heritage guitars. The one in the avatar and a H=535 that is mint. Was curious about the recent purchase of Heritage and from what I've read so far it sound like it will be a positive thing. I sure hope so. I love what Heritage stands for and know that you long time owners here certainly feel that way.

Very sorry to hear about Mr. Moats. I'm sure he'll be watching out over things in his new location.

Anyway just saying hi.. Still hoping to get to a yearly get together if you're still even having them.

See you on the forum.

I'm Kenny V from Cleveland, OH. I took the Heritage Guitar tour a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with the H-535. I don't own a Heritage at the moment but I have been looking for one. I was thinking of buying a H-535 with two Seymor Duncan Humbucker 59's. I have noticed a combination of the humbucker 59 in the neck position and a Seth Lover Humbucker in the bridge position on line. I play at lot of American song book music and jazz, but occasionally 60's rock. I'm looking for some feedback from H-535 owners about their guitars and choice of pickups. My current go to guitar is a Gibson ES335 with classic 57 pickups. I love the sound of this guitar and pickup combination. For the record, I have taken the Gibson factory tour in Memphis and the Heritage tour is far superior. I highly recommend going to Kalamazoo and go on a tour of the factory.

Thanks