Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

I'm Kenny V from Cleveland, OH. I took the Heritage Guitar tour a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with the H-535. I don't own a Heritage at the moment but I have been looking for one. I was thinking of buying a H-535 with two Seymor Duncan Humbucker 59's. I have noticed a combination of the humbucker 59 in the neck position and a Seth Lover Humbucker in the bridge position on line. I play at lot of American song book music and jazz, but occasionally 60's rock. I'm looking for some feedback from H-535 owners about their guitars and choice of pickups. My current go to guitar is a Gibson ES335 with classic 57 pickups. I love the sound of this guitar and pickup combination. For the record, I have taken the Gibson factory tour in Memphis and the Heritage tour is far superior. I highly recommend going to Kalamazoo and go on a tour of the factory.

Thanks

KennyV4 Welcome to the HOC. I suggest you pose your pickup choice questions under the Heritage guitar section. Are you planning a new build?

welcome Kenny,

The factory tour is cool, and once you've been there, GAS is undeniable. Nice choice on the 535 as your first foray into the Heritage realm. Many will suggest that if you were only gonna have one, the 535 is the best choice.

Lots of threads regarding pickups in a 535 on here. Dig around or post a question. Most guys just go for a vintage PAF (SO many winders to choose from).

Curious, you own a 335 already, why another semi so similar? Or are you simply thinking upgrade? :diablo_mini:

Edited by kidsmoke

Thanks kidsmoke. I have owned at least 30 guitars over the years. The wife told me if I die before her what is she going to do with all those guitars, not to mention my amps. So I have thinned out the guitar herd. Besides the Gibson ES-335, I have a couple of Gibson Les Pauls, a couple of Fender Telecasters, and two Epiphones, one of which was made at the Kalamazoo plant in 1965. After playing the H-535 and seeing how they are made, I decided that I really want one. I loved the sound of a semi hollow guitar as well as the body size. I was looking at a Collings, but I really don't believe they are worth twice the price or are twice the guitar that a Heritage is. I have been looking at Reverb.com, craigslist, e-bay and a few choice guitar stores for a pristine used one to no avail. I will be spending some time this winter in Florida and will probably buy my H-535 from Wolfe Guitars in Jupiter. I am amazed that there are no Heritage dealers in the greater Cleveland area. I will probably sell one of my Les Pauls, otherwise I might start collecting again. 90% of the time I play the ES-335. After comparing my ES-335 to the H-535's that I played at the factory, I believe the H-535 is a better built guitar with a much nicer finish.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, new owner of a Heritage and loving it. Just thought I'd check in. Glad to have found the forum!

Welcome aboard. Come on and show off that axe. Pictures and details.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy there!

I'm on the hunt for my first Heritage. Loving this forum! Hoping to land a H-535 or H-555 (the latter is preferred).

Cheers!

Welcome JM.

The 535/555 platform is outstanding. Good luck with your hunt. You'll be richly rewarded when you find the "one".

Hello all! New to HOC and new to guitar! Been playing about 1 year...acoustic. I have Martin OM-28E retro. Was looking at Gibson and stumbled across Heritage...never looked back! I am about to place an order for an H-155M w/o f holes. This forum has been very helpful, digging up knowledge! Thanks! I hope I can contribute in the future!

P. S. Can anyone advise on how to change user name?

• 1 month later...

Late night entry :rolleyes: Thought I'd sign up for your great forum after recently getting a 1993 H550 from auction a few months back. Novice player in south Texas.

The only pictures I have right now are right after the unboxing, a bit dirty but still looks good to me.

DSC00113%201024x768.jpg[/url]

Edited by sfceric64
  • Upvote 1

Welcome to the HOC 'asylum' to all of the new 'recruits'.

Having owned about one of each of the various Heritage models over the last 20 years, I can safely say that they are very addictive! I now consider Gibsons a gateway drug to Heritage guitars. :)

• 2 months later...

New Member today, name is Tommy. I just purchased my H535PM today from Wolfe guitars. Cant wait to get it and let'er rip! This is my first Heritage. I own Gretsch's, a Duesenberg semi hollow, and a Guild hollow and others. Basically I am sucker for any guitar with F holes.

Hello all from Alabama.

Edited by thomashock

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, my name is Chris and I recently joined the forum. I've been lucky enough to go on two factory tours and meet the great folks in Kalamazoo.

I have a TV yellow H-137 and recently ordered a Honey Lemon H-157W.

I really enjoy the info here and am totally hooked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MisterG

Hello, my name is Chris and I recently joined the forum. I've been lucky enough to go on two factory tours and meet the great folks in Kalamazoo.

I have a TV yellow H-137 and recently ordered a Honey Lemon H-157W.

I really enjoy the info here and am totally hooked!

Great collection you are starting. Would you share details on the 157W?

Great collection you are starting. Would you share details on the 157W?

Sure, it's a limited run of 50 that comes in Fireburst or Honey Lemon Finish, quilt or Tiger Stripe top. I was able to play a prototype at the factory and it was just awesome. I can't wait until mine comes in.