Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

• 1 month later...

Hello all!
New to the forum - just joined the club by virtue of the acquisition of this beautiful 2004 Heritage H-550 Custom OSB

Heritage%20H-550_2_zpsccra7in4.jpg

This is my first experience of Heritage guitars, don´t see too many of them in my neck of the woods but I wouldn´t be surprised if more were to follow :-)

Edited by v281
  • Upvote 1

Hello all!

New to the forum - just joined the club by virtue of the acquisition of this beautiful 2004 Heritage H-550 Custom OSB

Heritage%20H-550_2_zpsccra7in4.jpg

This is my first experience of Heritage guitars, don´t see too many of them in my neck of the woods but I wouldn´t be surprised if more were to follow :-)

Welcome to the Club. You certainly started off with a Beauty! Be careful, they are addicting.

• 4 weeks later...

hello all, new to the club. I have a spruce top H-150 OSB. Beautiful guitar, came stock with throbak SLE-101 pick ups that sound glorious.

Welcome to the club.

That was a one off that Marv Lamb came up with for a NAMM show that didn't get done in time for the show.

I saw it sitting at the shop one day and said I would take it but put ThroBaks in it.

Glad you like it. Those pickups are Great!

Enjoy

Here is a pic before they finished it up.

post-194-0-86595300-1502490391.jpg

post-194-0-86595300-1502490391_thumb.jpg

Edited by skydog52

well here are a few more pictures. its a 1 piece mahogany body, Grover tuners, Nashville bridge i think, OSB finish, rosewood fret board i think (maybe someone can confirm this) i don't know if its a long tenon construction, (maybe some one can tell me how to tell), pick guard not installed,(still undecided on that)

post-25355-0-50299700-1502497468_thumb.jpg

post-25355-0-78398100-1502497469_thumb.jpg

post-25355-0-89022400-1502497498_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the club.

That was a one off that Marv Lamb came up with for a NAMM show that didn't get done in time for the show.

I saw it sitting at the shop one day and said I would take it but put ThroBaks in it.

Glad you like it. Those pickups are Great!

Enjoy

Here is a pic before they finished it up.

post-194-0-86595300-1502490391.jpg

skydog thanks for the information and the pictures! that is awesome information to know about the guitar!! I did not know if i was the first owner or not. Did Marv Lamb build it or did he direct the spec? what was the reason for spruce? was it tone? were there any other 150s or historical references for this type of build?

See my posts about a Spruce Prospect, Spruce Millie, Spruce H170 and Spruce Custom Shop Stratocaster. Spruce is lighter in weight and sounds better in my opinion. I will not debate this on this forum but would be happy to discuss it at PSP 11. You buy the Oberon.

• Upvote 1

skydog thanks for the information and the pictures! that is awesome information to know about the guitar!! I did not know if i was the first owner or not. Did Marv Lamb build it or did he direct the spec? what was the reason for spruce? was it tone? were there any other 150s or historical references for this type of build?

He directed the specs on it. I don't know of any other 150s built like this but I will ask Marv about it.

Glad you like it. You are the first owner of the guitar officially.

See my posts about a Spruce Prospect, Spruce Millie, Spruce H170 and Spruce Custom Shop Stratocaster. Spruce is lighter in weight and sounds better in my opinion. I will not debate this on this forum but would be happy to discuss it at PSP 11. You buy the Oberon.Well

Well, in the interest of science and discussion of spruce as a tone wood, i suppose a trip to PSP 11 is in order, 1st oberon is on me.

He directed the specs on it. I don't know of any other 150s built like this but I will ask Marv about it.

Glad you like it. You are the first owner of the guitar officially.

very cool indeed!! i am retiring from the military in January after 28 years, looks like i have to start working on becoming a very famous guitarist so that this guitar can become a signature production model in about 20 years, :lol:

• 2 months later...

Hello from Texas. After spending the weekend at the Guitarlington show helping my buddy, who happens to be a Heritage dealer, and next door to the Heritage booth...well, it happened. I now own a new 535 "Old Style Sunburst."

I'm 62, and have had over 120 guitars. (That includes the ones I bought just to flip, back in the day) I've got to say, this is the most excited I've been about a guitar in quite some time. I just can't stop playing it. It's a lot of fun.

Edited by guitarbob
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, guitarbob said:

Hello from Texas. After spending the weekend at the Guitarlington show helping my buddy, who happens to be a Heritage dealer, and next door to the Heritage booth...well, it happened. I now own a new 535 "Old Style Sunburst."

I'm 62, and have had over 120 guitars. (That includes the ones I bought just to flip, back in the day) I've got to say, this is the most excited I've been about a guitar in quite some time. I just can't stop playing it. It's a lot of fun.

Congrats! 

Buying one of the display booth models is often a great opportunity to buy a guitar that's a step or two above stock quality considering it's a pretty standard practice for the reps to bring along guitars that are "trade show ready" and have received an extra level of love/attention. 

You win!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello from Salt Lake City! Brand new to the forum. I've been a Gibson guy for thirty years. Just bought my first Heritage (a 150 Oldstyle Sunburst); the tone, the feel and the craftsmanship have blown me away. I was hesitant to buy a Heritage because there are no dealers in Utah and I definitely prefer to try before I buy, but I took a chance. I was thrilled with everything... well, everything except the top. It's horribly mismatched. I actually HATE the top. I don't know how QC could let this thing leave the factory looking like this (yeah, it's that bad). Here's a pic; judge for yourself. It didn't look this bad in the pics when I choose her. Normally I would send it back, but I've decided I'm going to keep her anyway... because, well, I want to!

IMG_0108.thumb.jpg.404acded50beb0bd5f66627e11af86dc.jpg

Welcome iGourger.    

Yes, the maple pieces are pretty well mismatched.   Wood can be weird like that.   They will look a the grain, even wiping it lightly with water to get an idea about how they match up, but until they put the color on and the wood absorbs it, you really don't know what its going to look like.  At that point,  the guitar is mostly finished so, short of just tossing a perfectly functional guitar (which might actually be AWESOME sounding), there's not a lot that you could do other than making it an opaque color.   Plus, light can make things tricky.   I've seen my 157 look quite different with a change of lighting.

image.png.5598aa1b24c89083397c0f1b81a03d94.png

Obviously you are familiar with a good guitar.    Glad you like your first steps into the Heritage world.   They make great guitars.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Phil and I am new to the forum.  I joined a few months ago without having owned a Heritage guitar.  I joined because I had read so much about them and the rich history of how this all came to be, that I started yearning for a Heritage guitar.  I'm sure there are so many stories I need to catch up on.  I recently bought an H357 burst 2010.  It is a fantastic guitar!!!  I have owned 55 guitars at one point but have been thinning out and I am down to about 25.  I've been playing telecasters the last several years but still have my original 1961 Les Paul SG.  I have a few custom made guitars that I had created for me.  I also have two Gibson Firebirds, one being the 1991 Celebrity black and gold, which I recently bought for a Lynyrd Skynyrd project I joined.  I thought the two Gibson Firebirds I have were really great (and they are) but when I got the Marvbird I was stunned in a good way.  The playability is top notch and the TONE is superb.  I did several shootouts with what I  consider my best guitars and the Marvbird won every shootout.  There are times you ask yourself, "how good can it be, I have great guitars now" and then this Marvbird arrived and it is really something.  Gorgeous, easy to play, tone monster. 

• Like 2