Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

15 hours ago, pnovick said:

Hi, my name is Phil and I am new to the forum.  I joined a few months ago without having owned a Heritage guitar.  I joined because I had read so much about them and the rich history of how this all came to be, that I started yearning for a Heritage guitar.  I'm sure there are so many stories I need to catch up on.  I recently bought an H357 burst 2010.  It is a fantastic guitar!!!  I have owned 55 guitars at one point but have been thinning out and I am down to about 25.  I've been playing telecasters the last several years but still have my original 1961 Les Paul SG.  I have a few custom made guitars that I had created for me.  I also have two Gibson Firebirds, one being the 1991 Celebrity black and gold, which I recently bought for a Lynyrd Skynyrd project I joined.  I thought the two Gibson Firebirds I have were really great (and they are) but when I got the Marvbird I was stunned in a good way.  The playability is top notch and the TONE is superb.  I did several shootouts with what I  consider my best guitars and the Marvbird won every shootout.  There are times you ask yourself, "how good can it be, I have great guitars now" and then this Marvbird arrived and it is really something.  Gorgeous, easy to play, tone monster. 

:this_thread_is_useless_without_ Please post PHOTOS

1 hour ago, pnovick said:

I bought this guitar . . .

img_2898_std.jpg

Brother!  Marv built this guitar for me.  He grew up across the road from this depot.  I call this guy, "Wildcat Hopkins." 

chase.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, pnovick said:

Wow such rich history, thanks for engaging and the pictures.  Did you request the slim style D shape neck or it just came out that way?  This guitar is a tone monster - so beefy and narly, like nothing else I own.

I asked for the neck to be as thin as structurally possible.

Well it worked!  The Phat Cat P90's are fabulous on this guitar - it is just a great instrument overall.  It is stunning in person, the craftsmanship and attention to detail are impeccable.  The fret inlays are so bright and pearly, I had a woman walk up while I was playing it and ask me what the inlays were made of, she was looking at it like it was jewelry!  "Those are beautiful" she says. 

• Like 1

I just joined from beautiful Tucson, AZ. I just bought my 1st Heritage, but have been eyeing them for years. Finally found one that fits the budget and checks off all the boxes in what I was looking for.

Its a '97 H-157 per the serial and the sticker inside the control cavity. It seems to be pretty much all original, with the Schaller bridge, tailpiece, and pickups.

It seems to have gotten around over the last year looking at Reverb listings, but I think it has finally found its forever home...

It has wear typical of a 20 year old guitar, but has not been abused. However, I've got 30 days to really look it over and make sure it is the one for me. I don't think I'll be disappointed.

smaller.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, my name is Marc, and known as the Bleeb. I have a 1986 Heritage Stat which I bought new after trading in a 1979 Ibanez Artist. Currently, I am refretting it with the original 47 x 104's, and taking care of a few dings that have accumulated over the years. It's truly a battle axe - and I'm amazed it is still in such great shape. A testament to build quality. I have to replace the Dimarzios that I put in it a couple of decades ago with the original pickups which I still have (amazingly). I did manage to misplace the back control cover though.

I tried to upload a pic, but there was a processing glitch.

Hi, I'm Brent

I love Heritage guitars.

I currently have a Gary Moore, A Stat Deluxe and a H 170.....I'm working on acquiring more, will it ever end?????

I enjoy living so close to the Heritage Factory...they are a good group!  I am also one of the hosts of the "Parson Street Pilgrimage" comming in July.  (all you news guys need to check that out and be a part of this event if possible)

PICS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone I’m fastfreddy, not fast as in quick on the guitar and my name isn’t freddy…I used to enjoy watch a motorcycle racer called fast Freddie Spencer so I've pinched his nickname. I just joined after purchasing my first Heritage H535. It’s a thing of beauty for sure but better still it plays and sounds fantastic and so versatile too. I wasn’t sure if I’d like the Schaller pups or not but am very pleasantly surprised at how good they sound. They are staying and I’m really pleased with all the hardware. Quality is certainly there and I’m going to be buying another Heritage as soon as I can save enough money.

I own all kinds of stuff, a man just can’t have enough guitars…2001 Gibson LPC, early 70’s Japanese SG, Peavey, two unusual Korean Indie guitars which are a lot of fun for very little money. Anyway that’s a bit about little old me and now I’m looking forwards to reading interesting stuff about these superb USA built guitars, cheers.

HERITAGE 115b.jpg

• Like 1

Hi - I'm Jason and I'm new to the forum as of today.  I just scored my first Heritage - a 1991 (according to the seller) Eagle in Antique Sunburst.  I haven't had much experience with Heritage;  I only know their history (or heritage, ha!) and I've been looking for a big bodied archtop for a while.  I'm really a bass player by trade, but I've made Jazz chord/rhythm/comping my passion and I practice that as much as I can when I'm not gigging.  I've owned a few Jazz boxes - a Japanese D'Aquisto reissue, a Korean D'Angelico reissue - but I've always craved a quality American-made 17" archtop.  I recently sold a 335 to fund my purchase and, although, the guitar is still on its way to me, I have a feeling this is going to be the one (I hope!).  Considering the vintage/used prices of L5s and L7s, plus the current new offerings from other overseas manufacturers, I figured that picking up this Eagle was a no-brainer since it fit all of my criteria.

If anyone has any info on these single pick-up Eagles, and I'm sure there's lots of it on this forum for which I'll be doing some research in the coming days, please chime in.  I was doing as much research as I could prior to purchase but I'd love to hear anyone's take on these guitars.  Thanks!

unnamed.jpg

• Like 3

Hello all

Recently acquired a H 535 from Wolfe Guitars and should be picking it up at Fed Ex tomorrow. It should be the final piece of my collection puzzle which I chose because I was looking for a ES 335 type that was 1. Not quite as expensive as the available ES 335s. 2. American Made  3. Best quality for the money. I believe the H535 is my answer. Just joined and if you want to check out my profile for more info, have at it. I only for my own enjoyment and even though I'm not very proficient, I now have acquired all the equipment that will keep me busy in my retirement years that will come in about 10 more years. Hope to spend some time checking out the forum and seeing what's new.

Cheers.

My Heritage Guitar 2.jpg

My Heritage Guitar 4.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone - new to the Forum.  I've picked up two Heritages both from Brent (thanks Brent!) - an H170 and an H150CM

IMG_1231.thumb.jpg.8346930ae40430d72ce15651e9965c4e.jpg

SCn0d95.jpg

Oh yea, here's my man cave - a bit of a Dr. Z Fan :) 

NGr0NGQ.jpg

Edited by Jaguarguy
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Jaguarguy said:

Hello everyone - new to the Forum.  I've picked up two Heritages both from Brent (thanks Brent!) - an H170 and an H150CM

IMG_1231.thumb.jpg.8346930ae40430d72ce15651e9965c4e.jpg

SCn0d95.jpg

Oh yea, here's my man cave - a bit of a Dr. Z Fan :) 

NGr0NGQ.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz