Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hello all !!

I'm Patrick (aka Dex) LOL.

Been an admirer of Heritage guitars for many years.

Finally purchased my 1st one today !!

It's a 1989 H-535, and I am thrilled !!

Here's a couple pics from the guy I bought it from.

I'll get around to making my own and posting soon.

Anyway, glad to be aboard and looking forward

to comparing notes and such with y'all.

Later

00G0G_6J6eUBkYFzu_600x450.jpg

00l0l_4R8Vkwkv62g_600x450.jpg

01010_gmmcFUQBUeQ_600x450.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DexLeroix said:

Update. I never liked "naked" humbuckers, so I added covers and changed the pickup rings.

What do y'all think ??

Resized_20190320_203925003.jpg

Resized_20190320_203956003.jpg

Much better!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi

My name is Martin, but I'm known as Keith Spangle on the internet, and I'm a very lucky person.

You may have seen a review of a the H-150 & H-137 on guitar.com. You can find it here - https://guitar.com/review/electric-guitar/review-heritage-h-137-h-150/ . The magazine then gave away the H-150 from this review as the prize in a promotional competition in the UK, and I had the good fortune to win it.

My other guitars are Les Paul Goldtop classic 2018, Fender telecaster and a 1980s Westone prestige 250 (kudos if you've played on of those). I used to play them all a lot more before the Heritage showed up ;)

I'm looking forward to finding out a lot more about the Heritage guitar company, the H-150 and the family of owners

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got a H-137 on order ... expecting it in about a month ... excited!

Currently I mostly play Music Man Albert Lee, Strats, Teles, and I do have a Les Paul.  Been hankering for the 137 ever since seeing (and hearing) John Bohlinger's gear review on it.  I play mostly blues and rock, some country. Intermediate ability, not presently in a band.

Really looking forward to this guitar!

1 hour ago, TwangBanger said:

Got a H-137 on order ... expecting it in about a month ... excited!

Currently I mostly play Music Man Albert Lee, Strats, Teles, and I do have a Les Paul.  Been hankering for the 137 ever since seeing (and hearing) John Bohlinger's gear review on it.  I play mostly blues and rock, some country. Intermediate ability, not presently in a band.

Really looking forward to this guitar!

Good on you. Hope it makes you happy.

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Altres said:

Hi, just bought myself a beautiful 1988 Heritage H575. Feels like it has arrived with muse permeating it’s body. So looking forward to using it on stage. Brian

33DF14DA-E976-47AC-A3D2-503C68E0B8A0.jpeg

Wow, that is one sexy 575 you've got there!

Welcome to the HOC.

Play it in good health.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It had one previous owner who never gigged it. He bought it from Rainbow Music in Dundee, Scotland and sold it back to them a few months ago. My mother died a few months back at the age of 95 and I decided to buy myself something with money she left me.  I think she’d be happy at me being overjoyed with this. ?

It joins my Washburn HB-36 and HB-50. It outshines both. Brian

F9D3590F-7818-477C-8F7B-21C0DFD3FCB4.jpeg

Edited by Altres
Bad grammar
  • Upvote 1

Hey everybody, I've been eyeing Heritage for awhile now and finally picked up a used H-150 at a GC in my area.  After playing a 2017 model at my local shop, the neck was a tad too chunky for my tastes so I found an older model with the thinner neck which is pretty much perfect for me.  I called and got the serial number, which turned out to be a 1994 model and was in great shape so I went for it - had to drive an hour to get it but it was worth it! 

The bridge pup sounded harsh and not too dynamic to me - I thought it had the Schallers but turned out to be the SD '59.  So I swapped it out with a Bare Knuckle Black Dog that I had and it sounds great now!  I liked the neck tone so I left that one in.  It was really grimy too and the fret board was really dry so I cleaned her up with some soapy water and an old t-shirt, oiled the fb with some fret doctor, put some new strings on and it plays and sounds great now!  Not sure about the Schaller hardware yet but I do dig the functionality of it.  However, may have the nut changed to bone soon.  

Here is a pic when I first brought it home:

edited.jpg

Edited by usrname
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JustSomeGuy said:

Hello to everyone, my name is Jim, I recently bought my first Heritage guitar after my LP headstock had a catastrophic break. 

Welcome Jim!  You'll find a  lot of good folks here.  Congratulations on your new Heritage.  (sorry to hear about your LP catastrophe, but glad you are here now).  What did you get?  

1 hour ago, TalismanRich said:

Wow,  for an 86 that one looks to be in remarkable condition.  The H140 is an excellent guitar.   You made a good choice.

Welcome aboard.

Thanks. I love the way this guitar plays, but I’m going to replace the Schaller pickups, I don’t like their sound. I have a set of Darkmoon Scripture pickups that will go in it.