Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

HI all,

I recently became the proud owner of a Sweet 16. What an amazing instrument; the best electric I have ever played.

Last fall, I was playing a few concerts in Grand Rapids, and took a free afternoon to drive down to Kalamazoo, and toured the factory. Met Ron Duerloo, Pete, and others.

Everyone was super hospitable. That place is a World Heritage site!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Sweet16OSB said:

HI all,

I recently became the proud owner of a Sweet 16. What an amazing instrument; the best electric I have ever played.

Last fall, I was playing a few concerts in Grand Rapids, and took a free afternoon to drive down to Kalamazoo, and toured the factory. Met Ron Duerloo, Pete, and others.

Everyone was super hospitable. That place is a World Heritage site!

Excellent choice. Welcome to the cult.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted my first post to be in here! I have been playing off and on for a decade or so, and I finally may have the funds to get a decent heritage. 

I hope this community is as helpful as it appears to be. I look forward to participating. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, new guy on deck.

I do instrument repairs on the side and had a Heritage mandolin come through my door. I figured this site would prove to be a valuable resource of information of all things Heritage and hope to make a few friends along the way. Thanks in advance, Paul (Resophonic)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Welcome aboard, Paul.    I left you a message on your post about the mandolin.     I hope its helpful.  There are a few guys here that play mandolins.   I know nothing about them, except that my fat fingers have trouble with those skinny necks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, 

Last week I picked up an H-535 on reverb. It's a well worn players guitar but I really like it.(see attachment) It plays and sounds great!

I have a question about the serial number (see attachment) as to whether you think the first character is a "U" or a worn "O" ? 

Chris

heritage - 1.jpg

heritage3 - 1.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I have been a member since June and finally getting around to introducing myself. I have been a guitar player for 40+ years. And mainly Strats. I have done my best to love humbuckers without success until this last spring. I took a road trip to Kalamazoo to look at 535's. Ended up buying a 150! It's a beauty. One piece top and perfect neck for me. So I end up playing a whole bunch of guitars and Mike and Pete bring this one out. I am playing it and in walk Marv and Bill. We end up meeting and talking with them for a while. Getting a picture with them and the guitar. What great guys!  I am talking with Mike and Pete about ordering a 535 in the future and my wife goes well, I don't think you should leave without that 150 after the picture and mojo it now has! So how could I not? Anyway, it is a fantastic instrument. And what a great experience at Parson Street. Ended up with a private factory tour, meeting Marv, Bill, Ren, Jim, Pete, Mike...I feel very lucky and blessed for that day. And the 150 has knocked my strats off the front line, it's all I play and gig with. I have never been one to name my guitars but this one is Mabil. After that day. 

Rock on! Nick D. 

IMG_1965.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

I just joined up, Hello to everyone,!

I have a 2011 Sweet 16, a 1999 H-575, and as of yesterday a 2006 H-535. 

I believe the '06 535 has Seth Lover pickups; after watching Rich Severson's  comparison of Seth Lovers and Schallers using 575's (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mURVofPTnY), I'm convinced that I want the Schallers for this guitar.  I haven't found reference to which ones these may be - can anyone tell me, what model Schaller humbucker was used in Heritage guitars?  Are they Golden 50's?  

Are there any other opinions on other pickups that would give a more scooped tone than the Seth Lovers?  I have a Seth Lover in the Sweet 16, but in the 535 I find them to be more mid-y, honk-y than I would like.

Thanks very much!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.  The seller of the 535 told me it had Seth Lovers, but I took one out today and to my surprise it was a Schaller.  Does that mean I like it now?

Gianluca, I live in Brighton also.  Except, Brighton, Michigan, USA.  The closest I've gotten to Brighton, UK is about 30,000 feet, but it was beautiful!

On 1/10/2020 at 7:47 AM, TAH said:

Greetings all!

Bought my first Heritage, 2016 H-170!!

Bought on Reverb shipped back to Michigan from Texas.

Welcome aboard! You started with a Beauty. Watch out they're addictive.

Screenshot_20200108-113957_Reverb.jpg.4bc7d1d86bedd0e8faacb99d110aa1aa.jpg

Hi,

After searching for a very long time, O finally bought my first Heritage.
It's a H 150 Dirty Lemon Burst.
I bought it second hand bit it was almost brand new.
It plays like a dream and looks absolutely gorgeous.
Tuned it down half a step and have been playing Thin Lizzy for days.

The Heritage H 150 (003) (Large).jpg

The Heritage H 150 (002) (Large).jpg

• Like 1