Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

On 1/13/2020 at 2:26 AM, MisterE said:

Hi,

After searching for a very long time, O finally bought my first Heritage.
It's a H 150 Dirty Lemon Burst.
I bought it second hand bit it was almost brand new.
It plays like a dream and looks absolutely gorgeous.
Tuned it down half a step and have been playing Thin Lizzy for days.

The Heritage H 150 (003) (Large).jpg

The Heritage H 150 (002) (Large).jpg

Welcome aboard! That is a killer top on that beauty. Enjoy

On 1/13/2020 at 1:42 PM, Gitterman said:

Hi, everyone. I'd love to upload a pic of my 99 H-150, but it wont let me upload anything bigger than 1.5m, is that correct?

Yes. If you use a photo editing program you have and reduce the file size that should work. 

Hi all, my name is Bobby and I am actually a drummer but I'm also a lover of guitars. I have two sons that are musicians, one plays bass and theater is a guitar player. My reason for joining the club is because of my father. My dad passed in 2011 and left me all of his music gear. He was a guitar player and a quite accomplished one at that. He was also very instrumental in the Memphis music scene throughout the 60's & 70's. He was in the crowd from Memphis that consisted of Sam Phillips, Jim Dickinson, Don Nix, Larry Nix, Terry Manning, Chips Moman, John Fry, Willie Mitchell and so many others.I had a quite unique childhood to say the least. One of my dad's closet friends though was Johnny Smith. Some of you are probably familiar with Johnny, he played guitar for Bing Crosby but was most noted for his jazz guitar albums. My dad has a Gibson "Johnny Smith Model" from 1968. He also owns one of Johnny's personal Heritage "Johnny Smith" models and a custom made Emrad Johnny Smith amp, that was built personally for Johnny . I was trying to research serial# info on it and I came across this site. The serial # on the Heritage is 199304001. Does this mean it was made in April of 93 and it's the first model?  I have pics of everything I listed but they're too large to attach here so I lowered the quality on one of the pics and it should be below.  Even though I'm a drummer, I'm a huge fan of guitars and I view them as works of art. I can play a little guitar but I am by no means a guitarist. (LOL) Thanks for letting me blab...

HeritageHeadstock.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome aboard. Great history of your Father. That serial number doesn’t look correct.  Is there a label inside one of the the f-holes?
Heritage usually puts number on back of headstock also. 
That is a Special Model.  
Are you selling it?

1 hour ago, BIreland13 said:

Hi all, my name is Bobby and I am actually a drummer but I'm also a lover of guitars. I have two sons that are musicians, one plays bass and theater is a guitar player. My reason for joining the club is because of my father. My dad passed in 2011 and left me all of his music gear. He was a guitar player and a quite accomplished one at that. He was also very instrumental in the Memphis music scene throughout the 60's & 70's. He was in the crowd from Memphis that consisted of Sam Phillips, Jim Dickinson, Don Nix, Larry Nix, Terry Manning, Chips Moman, John Fry, Willie Mitchell and so many others.I had a quite unique childhood to say the least. One of my dad's closet friends though was Johnny Smith. Some of you are probably familiar with Johnny, he played guitar for Bing Crosby but was most noted for his jazz guitar albums. My dad has a Gibson "Johnny Smith Model" from 1968. He also owns one of Johnny's personal Heritage "Johnny Smith" models and a custom made Emrad Johnny Smith amp, that was built personally for Johnny . I was trying to research serial# info on it and I came across this site. The serial # on the Heritage is 199304001. Does this mean it was made in April of 93 and it's the first model?  I have pics of everything I listed but they're too large to attach here so I lowered the quality on one of the pics and it should be below.  Even though I'm a drummer, I'm a huge fan of guitars and I view them as works of art. I can play a little guitar but I am by no means a guitarist. (LOL) Thanks for letting me blab...

HeritageHeadstock.jpg

Welcome to the HOC, Bobby.  Thanks for sharing your Dad's very interesting history as well as his association with the master, Johnny Smith.  As Skydog52 mentioned above, check for more details on the JS inside label as well as the rear of the headstock.

Here's an old ad mentioning the Emrad Johnny Smith Amp.  Those 100 beasts came with a JBL speaker.  Must have been one loud tone monster.

image.thumb.png.ae17620710ed270a6bd6c6bb1ad0ee29.png

• Like 1

That headstock serial number is not there usual MO. I’ve only seen pictures of a few other Johnny Smith’s and they had the normal system for serial numbers. Always starting with a letter to designate year. 

https://heritageguitars.com/pages/trace-your-heritage

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/info.htm

Edited by skydog52

7 hours ago, skydog52 said:

That headstock serial number is not there usual MO. I’ve only seen pictures of a few other Johnny Smith’s and they had the normal system for serial numbers. Always starting with a letter to designate year. 

https://heritageguitars.com/pages/trace-your-heritage

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/info.htm

Here are a couple images of back of headstocks on JS Rose models.

file:///C:/Users/Green Oak/Downloads/Johnny Smith Back.webp

Johnny Smith Rose.jpg

Edited by skydog52

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, 

Mike here.  Posting as MikesGtr. Long time (multiple decades)  Telecaster/Stratocaster player.  Never owned a Gibson or Gibson style guitar, but always wanted an es335.  Never found one I bonded with and now I know why.  I was actually waiting for a  Heritage H535 to find me and the guitar helped me find this site.    Anyway I play in a 80/90's cover band in Massachusetts and having way too much fun playing guitar these days.  From what I have read so far, it seems like there are some passionate Heritage owners and I am looking forward to reading the content on this forum and hopefully adding to the discussions when I can.  Cheers.

Below is my new baby.

image1.jpeg

Edited by MikesGtr
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

And nice calipers too.    :occasion14:

Welcome aboard Mike!  I have a 535 as well.  Great tone machines. 

Guit, I have an old cheap pair of plastic calipers.  Last week I checked them against a set like in the photo.  The old cheap ones still were dead nuts on but the digital reading and controls were very nice.  Under $50.00 at Lowe's. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi! Finally i did it!

I'm Nico from Rome, lucky owner of 2 incredibile Heritage guitars:

A beautiful h-147 (1988)

A very rare h-160 v (1987 superstar style)

Always in search of a special guitar for my collection!

Nice to meet u and thank you for all the knowledge you gave me in these years about heritage guitars

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you so much, I'm proud of these guitars.

I'm really lucky, I've got some Gibbons Usa and Custom Shop (8 Les Paul) but the feeling with Heritage is different... you fell you're playing something alive under your hands... maybe only the Gibbons CS is close to this felling

I knew this guitar where I was 14... in the far 1994.

A friend of mine bought this guitar and was always in trouble with its khaler bridge ?

I've studied heritage's story and I was really impressed.

Where on 2015 I found this guitar for sale at 480€ I bought it without any doubt.

I had  a Les Paul  Standard at the time and there was no comparison with the h-160v.

My h-160v is note perfect, has no solid case, has an aftermarket hb (a very noce sounding SD Jeff Beck) but anyway it's an incredibile sounding instrument.

davanti.JPG

kahler - corde.JPG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Perilmeglio2 said:

Hi! Finally i did it!

A beautiful h-147 (1988)

Nice to meet u and thank you for all the knowledge you gave me in these years about heritage guitars

Welcome aboard! You have a couple very rare Heritage Models. Congratulations

...and now a short presentation of my second Heritage.

About 1 year ago I was just looking for a damned cts pot for a custom wiring to put inside a LP Custom Studio (ash made)... when I get into the shop I couldn't believe my eyes: an h-147 was on the stand just in front of me!

Wow... the owner of the shop just took the guitar and put it on my legs for a quick test... the h-147 was equipped with aftermarket pu (a PF Voodoo 59 at the neck and a Gibbons Classic 57 plus paf at the brigde) but I was simply shocked by this experience.

The body of the h-147 is slimmer than a standard LP but the weight is about 3.9kg (more than many recent LP), the sound is so big, deep.

The guitar had also its original hard case and pu (a couple of lovely schaller golden 50 that i fitted on another LP).

So... I went to the shop  just for buying a cts pot (6 or 7€) and I bought a 1300€ guitar... I had to wait some days ti bring it home because I had to announce very softly to my wife my new toy... ?

IMG-20200329-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20200329-WA0008.jpg

Edited by Perilmeglio2
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Perilmeglio2 said:

Hi! Finally i did it!

A beautiful h-147 (1988)

Ciao Nico, benvenuto!
Nice guitars there ?

• Upvote 1