Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hi my name is Jeff but my friends call me 1sty. My last name is pronounced "first" just spelled differently. 

The first  thing I want to do is to thank everyone who helped me with my problem.  The problem was after I bought my Heritage STAT I couldn't find anything else close to it online (other than the body style). 

I thought I got scammed but came here to see if I could get some answers.  Th ed people on this site are the nicest, friendliest, and most helpful compared with any other site I've been on.  Thanks to everyone who reassured me my STAT was real and most concluded it was a "one off"  which put my mind at ease.  Thank you all again!!large.20200307_143831.jpg.0dc51b501982474223c3085a606325bd.jpglarge.20200307_143858.jpg.6a687d7fc6e1c057f8b6071606fbfdc2.jpglarge.20200307_143838.jpg.0c7398c627e279f167966f8bae5857ac.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

BONJOUR....GEORGE HERE...BEEN PLAYING MOSTLY STRATS...HAVE A GROSH RETRO STRAT..MESA BOOGIE MARK IV, FENDER VIBROLUX WITH MOYER MOD AND A MARTIN D35 THE GROSH IT IS AN EXCELLENT INSTRUMENT...BUT I HAVE BECOME INTERESTED IN GETTING A HUMBUCKING GUITAR...TO WIT ...HERITAGE...ALL Advice is welcome. LIVE IN PORT ST LUCIE FLORIDA.

On 3/29/2020 at 4:01 PM, Perilmeglio2 said:

Grazie Gianluca!

?

And now it's time to look for a nice old h-150, a special color would be really perfect to me...

A question: if I buy a used guitar on the market of this forum I have to pay taxes to have guitar in Rome or just shopping costs? 

Ciao Nico,

I shared the computation replying to some other post in the HOC forum somewhere,
anyways, the amount onto wich the taxes and customs are computed is given by: declared cost of the goods + cost of shipping + cost of insurance(if any)
you will have to pay: customs + taxes + some other legal one-time importing docs

last time I could extimate around 36% added to original price

you might want to have a look at: https://www.adm.gov.it/portale/dogane/cittadino/acquisti-su-internet you'll find your way around it
you might want to consider buying from ConEU too, that'd mean only: cost of goods + shipping (in Italy there are good Heritage guitars on the used market)

I think you get the picture ?

On 4/13/2020 at 4:19 PM, Gianluca said:

Ciao Nico,

I shared the computation replying to some other post in the HOC forum somewhere,
anyways, the amount onto wich the taxes and customs are computed is given by: declared cost of the goods + cost of shipping + cost of insurance(if any)
you will have to pay: customs + taxes + some other legal one-time importing docs

last time I could extimate around 36% added to original price

you might want to have a look at: https://www.adm.gov.it/portale/dogane/cittadino/acquisti-su-internet you'll find your way around it
you might want to consider buying from ConEU too, that'd mean only: cost of goods + shipping (in Italy there are good Heritage guitars on the used market)

I think you get the picture ?

Thank you Gianluca, I've been looking for information everywhere and a friend (who often travels in the usa) showed me the same link... it's very dangerous to declare a little value, we are not talking about cheap instruments and an insurance is necessary. 

The best solution is to invite anybody who's selling a nice guitar to visit me in Rome bringing the guitar with him ?

Edited by Perilmeglio2

Hello,

My name is Jim (Justblues here).  I only have one Heritage (a 1989 Heritage 575) with a floating pickup.  I am currently thinking about swapping out the pickup to a Kent Armstrong or a Krivo.  The original pickup was dead when I bought it second hand almost 30 years ago and it has a Barcus Berry Single coil that works, but I think  it's time to upgrade.  I haven't played it much in a LONG while, but getting ready to change that. I also have a bunch of other guitars and have  been playing guitar for 50+ years.

Thanks,

Jim

Ps. Sorry for the double post

Edited by Justblues

TALISMANRICH...THANK YOU FOR THE TIP.....ACTUALLY, .I HAVE BEEN TO WOLF GUITARS IN JUPITER...A BUDDY PURCHASED A 535 FROM WOLF. SEVERAL YEARS AGO AND WHEN I MOVED TO FLA FROM FAYETTEVILLE, NC  2 1/2 YEARS AGO......I MADE THE PILGRIMAGE WITH HIM.....  I GET THAT WOLF GETS THE CREAM OF THE CROP ....ALBEIT,  AT STRONG RETAIL PRICES AND I HOPE THEY DO WELL AFTER THE GREAT UNPLEASANTNESS OF 2020 SUBSIDES TO MORE REASONABLE LEVELS.   THAT SAID,  I HAVE BECOME INTRIGUED BY THE NOTION OF ACQUIRING  A   HERITAGE H-150 GUITAR...I AM SEEKING ONE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND ALSO SEEKING A GREAT DEAL.  NEVER  LET A CRISIS ...GO TO WASTE...SEEMS LIKE I HEARD THAT SOMEWHERE..THAT GUY WHO SAID IT IS NOT MY KIND OF GUY...ME BEING A RETIRED GREEN BERET AND ALL.......BUT I STILL SEEK A GREAT DEAL ON A SUPER HERITAGE GUITAR.  INCLUDED BELOW IS A CLIP OF MY DON GROSH STRAT GOING THRU I BELIEVE THE CLEAN CHANNEL OF MY MESA BOOGIE...MARK IV.deal.rtf

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2020 at 2:19 PM, Justblues said:

Hello,

My name is Jim (Justblues here).  I only have one Heritage (a 1989 Heritage 575) with a floating pickup.  I am currently thinking about swapping out the pickup to a Kent Armstrong or a Krivo.  The original pickup was dead when I bought it second hand almost 30 years ago and it has a Barcus Berry Single coil that works, but I think  it's time to upgrade.  I haven't played it much in a LONG while, but getting ready to change that. I also have a bunch of other guitars and have  been playing guitar for 50+ years.

Thanks,

Jim

Ps. Sorry for the double post

welcome, and if you can show your 575 ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, my name is Anthony. I currently have ZERO Heritage guitars and I would like for that to change. I am however no stranger to these beautiful instruments. I used to live in Ann Arbor, MI for several years where I would frequent Herb David’s guitar shop downtown, and they always had a respectable amount of Heritage guitars on hand. I specifically remember a beautiful burst H-150 that I played, and also a very comfortable 535 they had in their little private room. Since then I haven’t really encountered many Heritage guitars. I did play a super eagle in New York that I didn’t like at all, and I love my hollow bodies and archtops. Was almost too acoustic and trebly sounding for me. And a few years ago I did play a crazy nice Roy Clark model they had at my local guitar center that I almost bought. The only thing that held me back was the super thin neck. I like thin necks too, but this one was a tad too thin and my thumb cramped up after a while. Anyway, absolutely love these guitars and the price for a handcrafted instrument made of premium materials and feel is unbeatable. There’s an H—170 I have my eye on, although a bit pricey maybe. What’s a fair price for an older model that’s in good shape? It’s not a custom. I’m also looking at H-150s, which was my initial intention until the 170 caught my eye. Thanks for bearing through this long introduction! 

P.S. I like the new look of the forum. I used to browse every now and then and it seemed pretty dead at one point. 

Hello Everyone!

My name is Andrew and I go by the user name Dogrel (writer of bad poetry, singer of bad songs, lover of the eccentric and weird, certified smartass). I live in Savannah, I have been playing for 24 years now, and am finally able to afford the guitars I’ve always wanted. 

I now have two Heritages, a 1987 HFT-445 acoustic and a 1988 H140-CM that was my birthday present this year.  I love them both, and they are easily the best guitars I’ve ever owned. 

My HFT-445 is my “incredible score” story. I found it in a pawn shop of all places, just a mile from my house when I lived in Tallahassee. $140 later (yes, really), it was mine. It had done some time in a bluegrass band before it came to me, and some braces had come loose at the ends. A quick trip to the repair guy later for a reglue and setup, and it sounds like a million bucks.
Actually while waiting for it to come back and searching for more info on it, I found the (different) forum posting from the guy wanting to know more about “this oddball Heritage that just came across my workbench”. He was taken by how incredible it sounded and just had to find out more.

5982288E-498C-4AFA-BC73-CB6DB54C9E27.jpeg.e66494737baf7755d27876532d37c1a3.jpeg

The H-140 is the new kid on the block, but already it has been a revelation. I’ve owned a similar guitar made by some Nashville-based company, and it just can’t compare. The original Schallers sound incredible and the neck is so comfortable, I finally see what all the fuss is about. 

BF461D04-96D8-48E1-9619-D31015AC8B71.jpeg.d499e244a63b475fcfba5841278f0a2e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

What makes the 140 even better is that the serial number is E28406, which, because 1988 was a leap year, dates its construction to March 22, 1988. 

That guitar was built on my 11th birthday. 

CD5F5AC5-076C-47C7-86A9-F228F1EF26B9.jpeg

• Upvote 1

TALISMANRICH...THANK YOU FOR THE TIP.....ACTUALLY, .I HAVE BEEN TO WOLF GUITARS IN JUPITER...A BUDDY PURCHASED A 535 FROM WOLF. SEVERAL YEARS AGO AND WHEN I MOVED TO FLA FROM FAYETTEVILLE, NC  2 1/2 YEARS AGO......I MADE THE PILGRIMAGE WITH HIM.....  I GET THAT WOLF GETS THE CREAM OF THE CROP ....ALBEIT,  AT STRONG RETAIL PRICES AND I HOPE THEY DO WELL AFTER THE GREAT UNPLEASANTNESS OF 2020 SUBSIDES TO MORE REASONABLE LEVELS.   THAT SAID,  I HAVE BECOME INTRIGUED BY THE NOTION OF ACQUIRING  A   HERITAGE H-150 GUITAR...I AM SEEKING ONE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND ALSO SEEKING A GREAT DEAL.  NEVER  LET A CRISIS ...GO TO WASTE...SEEMS LIKE I HEARD THAT SOMEWHERE..THAT GUY WHO SAID IT IS NOT MY KIND OF GUY...ME BEING A RETIRED GREEN BERET AND ALL.......BUT I STILL SEEK A GREAT DEAL ON A SUPER HERITAGE GUITAR.  INCLUDED BELOW IS A CLIP OF MY DON GROSH STRAT GOING THRU I BELIEVE THE CLEAN CHANNEL OF MY MESA BOOGIE...MARK IV.deal.rtf

Huge deadhead here, nice jammin’ over deal. That’s a good one for some tasty arpeggios and lead tones. Been playing eyes of the world a lot myself. That’s a sick Grosh too, would love to play more of their guitars. 

Edited by titojams

• 4 months later...

Hi.. I'm Tommy and brand new here.. I just came into possession of a 1987 Heritage HB2.. As a professional bassist for over 50 years I've owned dozens of basses including some very high end customs and this bass is hands down the sweetest playing bass I've ever layed my hands on.. It plays like butter.. It has immediately become my main bass, over my Washburn 6 string which has been totally rebuilt and plays like a dream and my 1964 fretless P bass which I bought new in 1964 and had its teeth pulled in 1972.. I always thought it was the sweetest bass ever until I played the Heritage.. This bass is so amazing it should be illegal.. The body is transparent going to translucent black cherry, the neck is flame maple with a rosewood fretboard, Grover tuners, Dimarzio pickups, and a Badass II bridge.. I honestly believe I couldn't find a finer playing instrument at any price.. Its an honor to be its caretaker and I'm gonna play the frets off of it.. I love this bass..?1118188311_20200919_0010522.thumb.jpg.c1b2ba3f289a6d206210e9473253e669.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rollerdawg said:

Hi.. I'm Tommy and brand new here.. I just came into possession of a 1987 Heritage HB2.. As a professional bassist for over 50 years I've owned dozens of basses including some very high end customs and this bass is hands down the sweetest playing bass I've ever layed my hands on.. It plays like butter.. It has immediately become my main bass, over my Washburn 6 string which has been totally rebuilt and plays like a dream and my 1964 fretless P bass which I bought new in 1964 and had its teeth pulled in 1972.. I always thought it was the sweetest bass ever until I played the Heritage.. This bass is so amazing it should be illegal.. The body is transparent going to translucent black cherry, the neck is flame maple with a rosewood fretboard, Grover tuners, Dimarzio pickups, and a Badass II bridge.. I honestly believe I couldn't find a finer playing instrument at any price.. Its an honor to be its caretaker and I'm gonna play the frets off of it.. I love this bass..?1118188311_20200919_0010522.thumb.jpg.c1b2ba3f289a6d206210e9473253e669.jpg

Welcome aboard Dawg. Sounds like you have a Great One. You don't see too many Heritage Bass examples here. Enjoy the sight, good People.

1 hour ago, PunkKitty said:

I think Jim did. He and I were talking about them during PSP one year.

Yes Jim came up with the bass design about the same time as the Marvbird.