Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

1 hour ago, PunkKitty said:

I think Jim did. He and I were talking about them during PSP one year.

Aha!  Thanks, PK.

12 minutes ago, skydog52 said:

Yes Jim came up with the bass design about the same time as the Marvbird.

Well that settles it.

Jim is still making sawdust at Heritage.  They should bring back a Heritage Bass to their lineup.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

New to the Heritage family.  Been interested in a while but hadn't seen any in real life.  Dealer in town got a few in and thought they were nice.  I opted for an Artisan Aged H-150.  Wow.  Very cool.  Excellent build quality, sound and playability.  I would prefer a hair fatter neck, but not a show stopper.  Here is the latest addition to the family.

eryij9isxyrt4jbfqzpg.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 10/13/2020 at 2:22 PM, jpbenz said:

New to the Heritage family.  Been interested in a while but hadn't seen any in real life.  Dealer in town got a few in and thought they were nice.  I opted for an Artisan Aged H-150.  Wow.  Very cool.  Excellent build quality, sound and playability.  I would prefer a hair fatter neck, but not a show stopper.  Here is the latest addition to the family.

eryij9isxyrt4jbfqzpg.jpg

Congratulations!  Looks fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, my name is Rob, and if UPS comes through than later today I will be the owner of a new H-530 which I have bought from CME at a great price.  I'll post the details of the guitar under a NGD thread.

This will be my first Heritage.  My other guitars currently are a Tele, a Jazzmaster, and a Martin HJ-38 Stefan Grossman.  I play the electrics through a Victoria Ivy League and the usual pedals. 

I'm an enthusiastic hobbyist.  This summer, as a positive result of working at home during the Covid lockdown, I've started jamming with some other old (late 50s to early 80s, and I'm 61) guys weekly in one of my neighbor's front yard.  For the past 10 or so years I've also been playing rhythm guitar in contra dance pickup bands in Philly and Princeton, NJ.

A couple of years ago I took some lessons from an instructor who had a 535; other than that all I know about Heritage is what I've read on the Internet.

I've been to the Martin factory twice -- perhaps someday I'll have a chance to go to Kalamazoo.

Best to all.

• Like 1

Welcome Rob and congratulations on your new H-530.  I'm glad your going to post photos when that beauty gets to you.  Most Forum members say without photos, it didn't happen.  Nice to hear your able to jam with other musicians.

9 minutes ago, Rob2020 said:

Hello, my name is Rob, and if UPS comes through than later today I will be the owner of a new H-530 which I have bought from CME at a great price.  I'll post the details of the guitar under a NGD thread.

This will be my first Heritage.  My other guitars currently are a Tele, a Jazzmaster, and a Martin HJ-38 Stefan Grossman.  I play the electrics through a Victoria Ivy League and the usual pedals. 

I'm an enthusiastic hobbyist.  This summer, as a positive result of working at home during the Covid lockdown, I've started jamming with some other old (late 50s to early 80s, and I'm 61) guys weekly in one of my neighbor's front yard.  For the past 10 or so years I've also been playing rhythm guitar in contra dance pickup bands in Philly and Princeton, NJ.

A couple of years ago I took some lessons from an instructor who had a 535; other than that all I know about Heritage is what I've read on the Internet.

I've been to the Martin factory twice -- perhaps someday I'll have a chance to go to Kalamazoo.

Best to all.

Welcome aboard Rob. You are going to love that H-530. It's a Great Platform. Now you're hooked!

23 hours ago, Rob2020 said:

Best to all.

Welcome to the Collective!  Can't wait to see the pictures!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all - new here, new to Heritage, but definitely not new to LPs lol. 

Just got a new (used) H150 in Vintage Cherry Sunburst. Its got a great vintage looking top to it! Lots of movement in the figuring. The neck profile is great, I really like it. It smells just like a Custom Shop Gibbons as well, which I like that more refined/subdued vanilla like scent.

Sounds and plays great. Looks great, pictures don't do it justice. I really like the dark fretboard with the MOP inlays...the inlays act like a prism. I also like how the back has the same body round over as a LP Reissue.

20201111_151917-2985x2239.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ej150 said:

Hey all - new here, new to Heritage, but definitely not new to LPs lol. 

Just got a new (used) H150 in Vintage Cherry Sunburst. Its got a great vintage looking top to it! Lots of movement in the figuring. The neck profile is great, I really like it. It smells just like a Custom Shop Gibbons as well, which I like that more refined/subdued vanilla like scent.

Sounds and plays great. Looks great, pictures don't do it justice. I really like the dark fretboard with the MOP inlays...the inlays act like a prism. I also like how the back has the same body round over as a LP Reissue.

20201111_151917-2985x2239.jpg

Welcome aboard. You have a classic one there. Congratulations!

What year is that beauty?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, skydog52 said:

Welcome aboard. You have a classic one there. Congratulations!

What year is that beauty?

Thanks! Yeah its got a great burst pattern too. I believe its a 2019. I got it as a floor model from CME. The listing didn't say, the paperwork doesn't indicate the year, so im only guessing. 

20201111_152026-2985x4018-2238x3012-1678x2258.jpg

Hello,

I have two H-150s: one that I bought 2nd hand in about 1999 after seeing it in a then-local shop window is a really nice yellowy flame maple top and has quite un-LP-ish hardware including a roller bridge, and which I think has an ebony fingerboard (if its rosewood it's very dark); and one which I bought new in 2003 I think so I could have a guitar at each end of my 400-mile weekly commute, which is a not-so-nice purply colour, is really too heavy and has a much fatter neck than the first one, but has HRWs, which I found difficult at first but would not be without now, even if the guitar is otherwise not so nice (it makes my shoulder numb).  HRWs through a KTR are a thing to behold.

A few weeks ago I gave in and bought a rather sad single-pickup H-575 as a friend for my ES-175, which had previously had the standard truss-rod break, which failed again on the way to me.  That's now being mended (for money off): I quite like guitars which force me to play better to make them sound good, and I'm hoping this will be even more in that regard than the 175 is.  There's a thread about this guitar here.

I live in the UK, I'd like to be able to play jazz, but I'm not good enough (yet).  I should say that the two H-150s were really bought for me by my wife: I'm lucky to have her.

Picture of the two H-150s below: the H-575 is being mended.

FF26F7B3-372A-4DB5-B18A-CD53F7E00177.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tfb said:

Hello,

I have two H-150s: one that I bought 2nd hand in about 1999 after seeing it in a then-local shop window is a really nice yellowy flame maple top and has quite un-LP-ish hardware including a roller bridge, and which I think has an ebony fingerboard (if its rosewood it's very dark); and one which I bought new in 2003 I think so I could have a guitar at each end of my 400-mile weekly commute, which is a not-so-nice purply colour, is really too heavy and has a much fatter neck than the first one, but has HRWs, which I found difficult at first but would not be without now, even if the guitar is otherwise not so nice (it makes my shoulder numb).  HRWs through a KTR are a thing to behold.

A few weeks ago I gave in and bought a rather sad single-pickup H-575 as a friend for my ES-175, which had previously had the standard truss-rod break, which failed again on the way to me.  That's now being mended (for money off): I quite like guitars which force me to play better to make them sound good, and I'm hoping this will be even more in that regard than the 175 is.  There's a thread about this guitar here.

I live in the UK, I'd like to be able to play jazz, but I'm not good enough (yet).  I should say that the two H-150s were really bought for me by my wife: I'm lucky to have her.

Picture of the two H-150s below: the H-575 is being mended.

FF26F7B3-372A-4DB5-B18A-CD53F7E00177.jpeg

Both look great!

Have a close up shot of the fretboard of the lemon one?

On 11/14/2020 at 4:40 PM, ej150 said:

Both look great!

Have a close up shot of the fretboard of the lemon one?

Here's a photo.  I think in fact I've been fooling myself (not that it matters): it's just dark rosewood I am sure.  Ebony has a finer grain I think.

IMG_1772.jpg

4 hours ago, tfb said:

Here's a photo.  I think in fact I've been fooling myself (not that it matters): it's just dark rosewood I am sure.  Ebony has a finer grain I think.

IMG_1772.jpg

Correct, that is Rosewood. Nice!

Ok, thank you for the invite.  I am a new member, Jeff, and have a brand new, to me , Heritage H575, Mimi Fox edition, and it is beautiful! Plays like a dream.  I am 60 - something, have been playing music all my life, but not as a pro.  Jazz sax, have played in big bands over the years, jazz piano ( finger issue s on right hand caused me to give it up). Never went to music school, but always wanted to.  My heritage is one day old, to me, and I love it! Other guitars are a 1979 Guild D-35 ( still great), Martin OM-28, G&L tele ( cool), and a Comins GCS1 ( marvelous).  I play through a Genzler amp.   I am now taking jazz guitar lessons from a wonderful teacher - after years of raising kids and not playing.  If anyone is interested in the real deal as a teacher just let me know - he teaches over the internet in this crazy day and age.  I spend hours some nights playing, practicing, going down rabbit holes to explore chord melodies and improvization - it is a relief and release from the stresses of work and life.  I hope that the pics come out well....

entire.jpg

top.jpg

back.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ren definitely made mine.. I've had several conversations with him over the past couple of months and he always wondered what happened to it.. He's a really great guy.. I'm just honored to be the caretaker of such a phenomenal instrument.. It's truly the finest playing bass I've ever been privileged to have in my hands..

On 11/18/2020 at 10:06 AM, Slpytym said:

Ok, thank you for the invite.  I am a new member, Jeff, and have a brand new, to me , Heritage H575, Mimi Fox edition, and it is beautiful! Plays like a dream.  I am 60 - something, have been playing music all my life, but not as a pro.  Jazz sax, have played in big bands over the years, jazz piano ( finger issue s on right hand caused me to give it up). Never went to music school, but always wanted to.  My heritage is one day old, to me, and I love it! Other guitars are a 1979 Guild D-35 ( still great), Martin OM-28, G&L tele ( cool), and a Comins GCS1 ( marvelous).  I play through a Genzler amp.   I am now taking jazz guitar lessons from a wonderful teacher - after years of raising kids and not playing.  If anyone is interested in the real deal as a teacher just let me know - he teaches over the internet in this crazy day and age.  I spend hours some nights playing, practicing, going down rabbit holes to explore chord melodies and improvization - it is a relief and release from the stresses of work and life.  I hope that the pics come out well....

top.jpg

back.jpg

Hi and welcome to the HOC!

You may be one of the first Mimi Fox owners who posted here.  (Any others feel free to chime in)

And what an entrance!  That is one beautiful instrument.  I've always wanted to check one of those models out.

Based on Mimi's videos, she seems to be an excellent teacher as well as master jazz guitarist.  Great that you've found an online instructor that you like. 

Play it in good health.

Edited by Gitfiddler