Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hi I'm Tommy.. I'm a professional bassist for 60 years.. tried to learn guitar as a kid but it just didn't work for me.. When I was 10 my cousin let me hold his 57 J bass and it was like when Harry Potter found his magic wand.. I could play this thing and I've played bass ever since.. Upright bass, bass guitar, sousaphone and tuba all thru school and college.. I didn't choose to be a bassist.. the bass chose me and I'm still a working musician at age 71 and have no intention of retiring.. I am also the proud owner of an HB2 prototype bass made by Ren in 1987 and its the finest playing bass I've ever played.. I'm glad to be a part of HOC.. Thanks for having me..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rollerdawg said:

Hi I'm Tommy.. I'm a professional bassist for 60 years.. tried to learn guitar as a kid but it just didn't work for me.. When I was 10 my cousin let me hold his 57 J bass and it was like when Harry Potter found his magic wand.. I could play this thing and I've played bass ever since.. Upright bass, bass guitar, sousaphone and tuba all thru school and college.. I didn't choose to be a bassist.. the bass chose me and I'm still a working musician at age 71 and have no intention of retiring.. I am also the proud owner of an HB2 prototype bass made by Ren in 1987 and its the finest playing bass I've ever played.. I'm glad to be a part of HOC.. Thanks for having me..

Welcome aboard Tommy/Rollerdawg. You've joined a Great group and we will enjoy your input.

With your wealth of knowledge and experience you will be a great asset to the Forum.

Ren is a great guy and you have something special with that HB2. Of course pictures always are appreciated.

Greetings. New member here located in Western NY. When people ask if I play guitars, I answer with a "yes" as I am not that far advanced past strummer status despite owning several nice guitars and attempting to play over the last 40 years or so. (love to play, hate to practice!)

All-time favorite artist is Neil Young and I'm an active member of the Rust community. Other notable current loves include, but are not limited to, Wilco, Mark Knopfler and old school prog rock like Gabriele era Genesis, Yes, ELP, PF and on and on. 

Mostly I play my acoustics but I love to veg out and jam electrified, especially with friends. I came to this group researching a 335 style of guitar to add to my stable, and I've now got a H-535 on the way. Looking forward to following this community from the perspective of a fellow owner/player.

Cheers.

Chuck

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi: Long-time owner here, but never found this site until today. I have a '93 Prospect. Not sure if that's a well-loved model in these parts, but it has a lot of gigs under its belt. Natural finish, Schaller pickups and some crazy coil-split and who-knows-what wiring, which I've never changed, cause I really just use it for straight ahead jazz gigs. Schallers are really hot, too; they'll overdrive a preamp that no other guitars of mine will punch that far.

Jim in Play Studios.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JayBrecker said:

Hi: Long-time owner here, but never found this site until today. I have a '93 Prospect. Not sure if that's a well-loved model in these parts, but it has a lot of gigs under its belt. Natural finish, Schaller pickups and some crazy coil-split and who-knows-what wiring, which I've never changed, cause I really just use it for straight ahead jazz gigs. Schallers are really hot, too; they'll overdrive a preamp that no other guitars of mine will punch that far.

Jim in Play Studios.jpg

@JayBecker:  Welcome to the HOC!  Prospects are unique and wonderful guitars.  It's another model that Heritage should bring back into production.  Yours looks to be in good hands.  Play it in good health. 

Prospects are way cool. I have a Prospect 12 string and it is amazing. Someday I will find a matching six string.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys found you while I wait very impatiently for my 99 h 550 custom to show that FedEx has held captive somewhere between Montana and Oregon! Was looking for a 335 for months but started to learn more and more about Heritage then I saw the 550 on eBay and I was sold!!! Love the history and this site seems like a awesome spot for info. Been playing 40 years have a few guitars... lol but never been this excited. Do you happen to know what the factory p.u. Would have been on this guitar? Great site guys!!

ABDDE9EC-1B6A-4CD8-87AD-BE3E7FD256E0.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Heritage People. I'm from Sarasota, Florida and in my second childhood put together a band (Dreamwalkers), manifested an album, and am working on a second album. In my day job I'm a psychologist. I acquired an H-535 about six months ago and brought it into the recording of the new album. The sound is just luxuriously spectacular. Love it. The band's website is dreamwalkersband.com

Peace

Dr Dreamwalker

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

SaintPatrick,  welcome to the HOC.  

Looking at the picture,  it appears to have standard Schaller humbuckers.  The giveaway is the dual adjustment screws on either side.   HRW pickups are Ren's modified Schallers, but whenever they installed them, they put a special switch tip with a dot on top, just to make it apparent.  Your selector switch is plain.

Schallers are good Alnico5 PAF based pickups,  I find them to be more scooped in the mids, like a blackface Fender, rather than midrange focused like a tweed.  

• Upvote 1

Hello from West Tennessee. I purchased my first Heritage today, a blonde Super Eagle. I've been playing regularly for 47 years, but never owned a really nice jazz guitar. I almost took a Sweet 16 but decided on the Super Eagle because I love Kenny Burrell. I may still keep my eye out for a Sweet 16 for later. 

I have not recieved the guitar yet and suspect it will be a couple of weeks. I'm certain I've never been this excited about a guitar. 

I look forward to participating in the Heritage community!

Joe

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeBama said:

Hello from West Tennessee. I purchased my first Heritage today, a blonde Super Eagle. I've been playing regularly for 47 years, but never owned a really nice jazz guitar. I almost took a Sweet 16 but decided on the Super Eagle because I love Kenny Burrell. I may still keep my eye out for a Sweet 16 for later. 

I have not recieved the guitar yet and suspect it will be a couple of weeks. I'm certain I've never been this excited about a guitar. 

I look forward to participating in the Heritage community!

Joe

Welcome to the HOC, Joe.  And congratulations on your incoming Super Eagle.  You'll definitely get your KB "Midnight Blue" groove on with that sweet axe. 

I don't think anyone has ever actually seen a counterfeit Heritage.    That's the one in Philly, right?    From the pics, it looks totally legit.   The tailpiece is spot on,  and the back of the headstock looks exactly right.    Heritage isn't a great candidate for faking.   Its much easier (and probably more profitable) to make Gibby and Fender fakes.   The market is probably 100x as big.

If it's local,  I would ride over and check it out.  

Edited by TalismanRich

• 2 months later...

i'm chuck aka motoputz, i like making motorcycles, making them run and playing my heritage 1993 - H150 and a new to me 2020 - H535

nothing sweeter than the sound of an electric guitar and a fine running motorcycle

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, motoputz said:

i'm chuck aka motoputz, i like making motorcycles, making them run and playing my heritage 1993 - H150 and a new to me 2020 - H535

nothing sweeter than the sound of an electric guitar and a fine running motorcycle

Welcome aboard motoputz. Love your handle. You've joined a good forum full of Heritage lovers.

What area are you from?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

I'm Jakub and I have found out about Heritage guitars last year, when I saw one H-357 for sale here in Germany. It had repaired headstock break, but it was offered for a great price. I was talking myself out of buying it, because I have just bouhgt a custom made Tele from a luthier. But after it didn't sell for a few months, I decided to take it and called the shop. They told me, that they sold it 2 hours ago... Since then I have longed for a nice H-357.

In the meantime I asked my luthier to build me a single cut. That's taking a long time now and still will take some more, so I was looking at some single cuts to buy for a few gigs in the summer and then maybe sell it, when I have my new one from the luthier.

I accidentaly stumbled on a Heritage H-150M from 1992, with refinished top in gold. I just knew I have to buy it, which a did. I have played it for one night in a gig and I was absolutely excited about it. It's all mahagony, which from reading this forum, I have understood, that it's quite rare.

H-150.thumb.jpg.ac1512f3f9beee543cd8abbda55681eb.jpg

That was one month ago. I have had enough arguement with my wife about it, but in the end, it was alright.

But last week on H-357 appeared in Germany for sale... I did hesitate for one day, but I knew, that I have to get it. So it's here and now I have to sell the H-150 to finance it and make peace with my wife ?

02.thumb.jpeg.36ba711f517fbe77f363fb7f4b7b32e7.jpeg

I absolutely hate the idea of selling the H-150, but I have one singlecut coming hopefully soon and have nothing else I would be willing to sell (Duesenberg Starplayer TV and one custom made Tele).

So this is my Heritage story. Im excited about the 357 but sad about selling the H-150. If someone from Germany or EU would be interested, please let me know.

Jakub

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1