Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

On 4/1/2022 at 12:03 PM, skydog52 said:

Welcome aboard!  Your wife is a Keeper for sure. Congratulations on both "acquisitions".

Thank you! Haha and yes she’s a keeper (wife and guitar). And if I play my cards right I can probably talk her into letting me by a 575 or Eagle or something in the future… I definitely want a jazz guitar. Although the 535, like I said, most versatile guitar I’ve played. Rock, surf rock, blues, jazz, whatever… just gotta dial in the tone. 

Playing it through a fender 68 deluxe reverb at the moment. I want to experiment with smaller watt amps. Although the 68 reverb was an improvement from the fender Deville I sold, that thing was just insanely loud

saw this video recently when checking out the pedal… don’t have to watch the whole thing but this was so true about the volume on a Deville, as I’m sure many of you know!

https://youtu.be/hWm4BKMlaws

Edited by Standbyoperator

On 3/26/2022 at 9:04 PM, Standbyoperator said:

Hello everyone, I’ve been reading and unregistered for awhile, but here I am. Love all the knowledge, wisdom, history and everything else this wonderful place has to offer.

Here is my only Heritage for now. I was a strat player for a very long time, always changing/selling/experimenting with different guitars but mostly in the Fender or fender style world. For a wedding gift my wife bought me this beauty and it has been my go to guitar for everything. It is the most versatile guitar I have ever owned. One day I want a H575 or eagle classic, a sweet jazz guitar… but until that day comes all I ever record with is the 535. It’s the perfect guitar. 

I’m very excited to delve into all the threads of music theory and explore all the other awesome topics here. Thank you for creating this forum! 

image.thumb.jpeg.4d36151fb880c815b60e987cf7f7a299.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dad69f5d54bc3ef008b1f74de6abc126.jpeg

That's a gorgeous guitar man! 

• Like 1

Thank you! When I lived in kalamazoo I was fortunate enough to have Pete Moreno set it up… that was 5 years ago and I haven’t had to do anything to it since. Mind you I don’t play out and if I did I wouldn’t take that guitar.. but, it gets played! Pete is a cool dude, and I hope he’s doing well!

13 minutes ago, Standbyoperator said:

is that an album cover? Would love to hear your stuff! 

No it just something I did when learning Photoshop.  It doesn't lie.  You would be sorry to hear me play. 

22 hours ago, High Flying Bird said:

No it just something I did when learning Photoshop.  It doesn't lie.  You would be sorry to hear me play. 

Well I doubt that I’d be sorry to hear you play, never a competition, it’s art! I do believe everybody has their unique voice and sound.

Very cool picture and that guitar looks beautiful! 

i’ll have to date mine but I wanna say it’s like early/mid 2010s era

Edited by Standbyoperator

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone. My real name is Jeff and I'm bad at coming up with screen names I usually put Jeff in there somewhere.

Anyway, I just got my first Heritage in a trade this week (2001 H-535). I'm almost 67, been a pro(student-full time- part-time) since age 19. More of a Jazz R&B guitar and "rock" style instrumental. (Not a songwriter) LOL.

My best guitar I own besides the 535 is a 1979 Ibanez george Benson GB20.

Have several project guitars and acoustics and 2 Godin synth access acoustics too.

My 535 came with a Gibson 57 Classic neck and 57 Classic Plus bridge. Both read exactly 8.0K

I also have the Schallers and original wiring harness. Not sure which is better for that guitar. I'll prob post a question about that in a separate post.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello Heritage owners. My name is Ron ( Not what it says on my original Birth Certificate, but that's a story for another day,  lol ) Live in KY, But born and Raised in Canton Ohio.  Was a Navy "Molder" or Civilian for Foundryman serving on Tenders ( Repair Ships ) and Shore Duty. Grew up in the 70-80's hair Metal days and still some of my favorite music. Have a few Guitars, from the G-word, to others, GMP and Heritage. My first Heritage, i ordered was a Alex Skolnick signature that i had to wait about 3 months for. I wanted and ordered an Amber flame top which are my favorite tops, so i was a little bummed when i went to pick it up, opened the case and found a Traditional burst in the case. But i took it home anyway. I unfortunately sold it and regretted it since. I didn't know until later that only about 6 had been ordered, so my chances of getting another are slim to none. I have one Heritage now, an 08' H-150 Deluxe in Burnt Amber. Another hobby is my 75 Formula Firebird that i'll get out on nice days for a little ride. Love to see these Heritage guitars, Absolutely Beautiful Guitars one and all.. Thanks for having me. Ron

Edited by 75Formy
Edit for length.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello HOC

... please allow me to introduce myself... 

I'm Heinz from Germany. Member for a few days, Heritage addicted for decades. 

Dissapointed of the quality of the "original" in the 80ies I have played some Heritage back then. Went on playing vintage stuff for quite a while just to find out that the "golden days" are pure fantasy. Surely they made fine guitars back then but many aren't as half as fine as the vintage gurus promised.

In 2000 I found a new Murphy Gold Top which was "better" than all my vintage gear. It seems they can build guitars as they used to! 

I stumbled across a 1994 H150 some months ago which reminds me of the quality provided by 225 Parsons Street which I was unable to find at Big G's Custom Shop and their tons of "limited" guitars output!

Some other nice Heritage dropped in - no famous artist's name on the headstock, no fancy COA, no fairy tales about "this year is more VOS than last year"

Just perfectly good guitars - what more do I expect from an instrument and its builder!?

plus a nice HOC home here - what a package this is !!!

Thank you and kind regards

Heinz

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Heinz said:

Hello HOC

... please allow me to introduce myself... 

I'm Heinz from Germany. Member for a few days, Heritage addicted for decades. 

Dissapointed of the quality of the "original" in the 80ies I have played some Heritage back then. Went on playing vintage stuff for quite a while just to find out that the "golden days" are pure fantasy. Surely they made fine guitars back then but many aren't as half as fine as the vintage gurus promised.

In 2000 I found a new Murphy Gold Top which was "better" than all my vintage gear. It seems they can build guitars as they used to! 

I stumbled across a 1994 H150 some months ago which reminds me of the quality provided by 225 Parsons Street which I was unable to find at Big G's Custom Shop and their tons of "limited" guitars output!

Some other nice Heritage dropped in - no famous artist's name on the headstock, no fancy COA, no fairy tales about "this year is more VOS than last year"

Just perfectly good guitars - what more do I expect from an instrument and its builder!?

plus a nice HOC home here - what a package this is !!!

Thank you and kind regards

Heinz

Welcome aboard Heinz!  You will find this space a great place to discuss the Heritage story.

I've been to Germany a few times and love the country and the people. My father's roots trace 

back to the Sasbachwalden area and my son and I visited the area a few years ago, just beautiful.

Enjoy your Heritages!

Thank You

Black Forest the home of the "mad mechanics" ? 

Another Heritage here world famous turntables, Kuckucksuhren (cuckoo clock) or wind-up music boxes - long gone and collector's items as well...

Thanks to the "vinyl boom" some well known names survived and provide excellent gear for the vinyl addicted.

Similar to "The Heritage" - quality instead of quantity made for the true "connaiseure"

kind regards

heinz

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BillyC said:

New to the forum. I have had my H 150 for several years now it seems to be an 03 or 04  and it is one of my favorites of many favorites. I would post pix but size is to big will have to figure that out. I love guitar pictures.

I upload using my iphone, when selecting the photos, there is an option to reduce the size.  I usually select Medium and it fills the page without exceeding the file size limit.

On 9/23/2022 at 8:19 PM, HANGAR18 said:

Sorry @JeffB I had to hide your post because I couldn't edit the spam links out of it by any other means.

You doing okay these days?

Im practicing not stepping over boundaries, so the options for an answer are reduced to: Really good! Thanks. :D

On 4/20/2020 at 9:34 AM, explrgab said:

NEVER  LET A CRISIS ...GO TO WASTE...SEEMS LIKE I HEARD THAT SOMEWHERE..THAT GUY WHO SAID IT IS NOT MY KIND OF GUY...ME BEING A RETIRED GREEN BERET AND ALL.....

Churchill is credited with saying “Never let a good crisis go to waste”.

Sorry our ally was not your kind of guy. 

Just sayin'. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello my fellow guitar enthusiasts!

My name is Gene, and like Heritage guitars I am a product of Michigan.  I grew up in the suburbs of Detroit, mostly Wayne, Westland and Inkster until joining the Army in 87.  After 25 years as a Soldier and 10 years and counting as an Army Civilian, I call central Florida home now.  It seems the only time I make it back to Michigan these days are for funerals.

Like many of you I am a guitar addict!  I only have one true vice, and I'm fortunate to have a very understanding and supportive wife that at times is my pusher!

I'm a self taught guitar hack, inspired by my grandfather, a jazz musician that understood music, performing and the instrument.  I consider my grandfather a guitar player.  I tell people that I'm a guitar collector that plays songs.  Maybe  one day I'll be a guitar player as well.

Some of my best friends include Les, Leo, Taylor, Whitfill and Paul.  My first Heritage was a 535, but it won't be the last.  I'm looking to add a H-150 soon.

I'll be hanging out quietly if that's OK, lurking as someone put it.  However, I'm not anti social, I'll chime in when the mood hits me.

I appreciate the welcome to the HOC! Hit me up with any questions, comments or even concerns you may have.

Take care,

Gene

2059754505_Heritage535.thumb.jpg.630a74d5150a3d23414c1daece822c7f.jpg

Edited by GXJ87
Word misspelled.
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, GXJ87 said:

Hello my fellow guitar enthusiasts!

My name is Gene, and like Heritage guitars I am a product of Michigan.  I grew up in the suburbs of Detroit, mostly Wayne, Westland and Inkster until joining the Army in 87.  After 25 years as a Soldier and 10 years and counting as an Army Civilian, I call central Florida home now.  It seems the only time I make it back to Michigan these days are for funerals.

Like many of you I am a guitar addict!  I only have one true vice, and I'm fortunate to have a very understanding and supportive wife that at times is my pusher!

I'm a self taught guitar hack, inspired by my grandfather, a jazz musician that understood music, performing and the instrument.  I consider my grandfather a guitar player.  I tell people that I'm a guitar collector that plays songs.  Maybe  one day I'll be a guitar player as well.

Some of my best friends include Les, Leo, Taylor, Whitfill and Paul.  My first Heritage was a 535, but it won't be the last.  I'm looking to add a H-150 soon.

I'll be hanging out quietly if that's OK, lurking as someone put it.  However, I'm not anti social, I'll chime in when the mood hits me.

I appreciate the welcome to the HOC! Hit me up with any questions, comments or even concerns you may have.

Take care,

Gene

2059754505_Heritage535.thumb.jpg.630a74d5150a3d23414c1daece822c7f.jpg

Welcome aboard Gene. Congratulations on being a Heritage owner.

That is a beautiful top on that guitar. Unique! 

The H-535 is their most versatile platform IMHO. Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

Update #1: I've added a second Heritage to my collection.  I picked this 2021 Custom Core H-150 with a nice a Tobacco Sunburst last week!

06F6FAE6-0659-4498-BD87-BF694C8773B2.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GXJ87 said:

Update #1: I've added a second Heritage to my collection.  I picked this 2021 Custom Core H-150 with a nice a Tobacco Sunburst last week!

06F6FAE6-0659-4498-BD87-BF694C8773B2.jpeg

Now you're hooked!  Beautiful. Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all!!!

New Heritage owner here.  Im Sean (SeanP username....good irish lad... Sean Patrick).

Just picked up a used 2017 H-150 standard from Detroit Guitar (I live in Michigan).  It was essentially brand new...definite case queen...even had the plastic still on the pickups.  I have drank the cool-aid....I have 3 other single cuts that will now be getting sold to start saving for a custom core....or another standard lol.

h150web.jpg

• Like 1