Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

I'm qualified to post here due to...

I think the only requirement is you have to be able to negotiate the registration and validation maze (hint: always keep your right hand on the wall!). HAHAHA.

Welcome to the Club!

Hello,

I just bought my first Heritage guitar today. I played it all day at a vintage shop yesterday, and went back today to get it. I love it. I've been trying to find out more information about it, but I can't find much. I was told by the owner of the shop that it was an SAE custom. It has a serial number starting with "F", so apparently 1989. It has two f-hole carve outs, but it does NOT have a pickup switch.

I tried to attach a picture of it. Not sure if it worked. Anyone with info on it, I would be grateful.

I'm so glad I found it. I went in looking for something else, but couldn't get away from this baby.

Thanks HOC.post-1126-1244094286_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I just bought my first Heritage guitar today. I played it all day at a vintage shop yesterday, and went back today to get it. I love it. I've been trying to find out more information about it, but I can't find much. I was told by the owner of the shop that it was an SAE custom. It has a serial number starting with "F", so apparently 1989. It has two f-hole carve outs, but it does NOT have a pickup switch.

I tried to attach a picture of it. Not sure if it worked. Anyone with info on it, I would be grateful.

I'm so glad I found it. I went in looking for something else, but couldn't get away from this baby.

Thanks HOC.post-1126-1244094286_thumb.jpg

FW, welcome to the HoC! You may be ... just may ... be the first member here with an actual SAE. And what a beauty! There's not a great deal in our database (that I know of) about the strictly SAE guitar. Short lived, I know that. The SAE was incorporated later into the Millennium guitars - as I have a Millennium SAE. Much like your guitar except it does have a selector switch and a slightly different body style. You could always call the guys at Heritage (yes, call them, you'll be surprised by their accessibility) and ask Ren about your guitar. 269-385-5721.

My guess is your controls are Vol-neck, Vol-bridge, Vol-piezeo, Tone. Interesting that there is no selector switch. Still, congrats on such a beautiful and somewhat rare Heritage guitar.

Edited by tulk1

Ok... I guess it's time to come out of the woodwork... This is my first post and I have been a member since Nov 11, 2007... Oops... So I'm Keith, AKA Caesar. Originally from Mass, but transplanted to sunny florida in '04. Enough about me...

I bought my one and only Heritage, so far (thanks to you guys I have Heritage GAS), new in either '99 or '00... I can't remember. Thanks to this site i was able to figure out a production date of 8/25/99. First one that day. BUT i also found out she's a factory second. I must say that I was surprised about that considering 9-10 years later, I still don't have a clue what would make her a second class citizen. The only imperfections could probably be attributed to not being locked in a vacuum chamber for the last 10 years. Oh yeah... She's a Heritage H-150CM Classic in Vintage Sunburst.

I knew I wanted at least an LP Standard, but the cost was hard to swallow (champagne taste on a budweiser budget) and I figured i'd just have to settle for a Studio or *gasp* an Epi. I stumbled in to a little mom and pop shop and the owner pointed me the direction of his selection of Heritages and breifly told me their story. I'd never heard of them before, but i sat and noodled for a bit, liked what i felt and heard. I was also mesmerized by the flame top. It blew away any LP Std I'd ever seen. I'd have to pay twice what he was askin to get an equal LP. So we agreed on a package price for the amp (100w Trace Elliot Super Tramp Tube) and the 150 and out the door i went.

I put all the pics i currently have into my gallery, but here's a teaser:

gallery_251_117_13710.jpg

Ok... I guess it's time to come out of the woodwork... This is my first post and I have been a member since Nov 11, 2007... Oops... So I'm Keith, AKA Caesar. Originally from Mass, but transplanted to sunny florida in '04. Enough about me...

That's a great looking guitar Keith. I really like the top figuring on that one.

Thanks guys. I hope to be able to contribute more to the forum, but with my limited knowledge of the ins and outs of the electric guitar, i'll probably have more Q's than A's.

Welcome, everyone. Nice pics! Whew, it's hard to keep up with all the newbies!

Caesar, what part of FL are you in? I'm in the panhandle.

Welcome, everyone. Nice pics! Whew, it's hard to keep up with all the newbies!

Caesar, what part of FL are you in? I'm in the panhandle.

I'm in the Spring Hill area.

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo, to all you people who are on this website.

I've just joined 5 minutes ago, which is approx 12:35pm over here in England. I would like to buy a 353 heritage which will be my first guitar. Can anybody advise me as to what would be the best spec re, pickups, and any other extras which will give me a great sound. I love blues, rock and some jazz, so i need it to be versatile.

Also, if i can't buy one in England is it possible to order direct from the Heritage factory.

Got a lot of crap music being played here in England at the moment girl and boy groups dancing and miming, so i listen to all the older stuff: Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Peter Greene's Fleetwood Mac. Also, love a lot of American artist who we don't hear a lot of over here: Ronnie Earl, Johnny A, Al Di Meola, and the list goes on...

Going to see Joe Bonamassa in Edinburugh Scotland, in December. What a great city that is! Been waiting to see him for years, his gigs sell out so quick over here. Looki9ng forward to seeing a master of his craft.

Anyway, anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

dave the brit

I've just joined 5 minutes ago, which is approx 12:35pm over here in England. I would like to buy a 353 heritage which will be my first guitar. Can anybody advise me as to what would be the best spec re, pickups, and any other extras which will give me a great sound. I love blues, rock and some jazz, so i need it to be versatile.

Also, if i can't buy one in England is it possible to order direct from the Heritage factory.

Got a lot of crap music being played here in England at the moment girl and boy groups dancing and miming, so i listen to all the older stuff: Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Peter Greene's Fleetwood Mac. Also, love a lot of American artist who we don't hear a lot of over here: Ronnie Earl, Johnny A, Al Di Meola, and the list goes on...

Going to see Joe Bonamassa in Edinburugh Scotland, in December. What a great city that is! Been waiting to see him for years, his gigs sell out so quick over here. Looki9ng forward to seeing a master of his craft.

Cheers,

dave the brit

Welcome Dave!!!

I would reccomend a 535 w/ HRW pickups!!!

Heritage shipps a lot of guitars overseas...you must have a local distributor nearby.

i will call Heritage this week and see if i can get some info for you...where in England are you?

Cheers,

dave the brit

this is the reply i got today from Vince Margol, co-owner of Heritage......

Fretrider is the distributor in England. Thanks,

Vince

Subject: Heritage distributor in England

Hi there!

there is a new member on the HOC that lives in england....he wants to order a 535, but he doesn't know who to contact?

thanks

brent

Brent Henderson

Heritage owners club

Heritage Guitar Player

• 2 weeks later...

Hello just found the web site and I'm glad I did. I've owned my Heritage Blues Deluxe for 6 years now. Such a great guitar essentially it's a upgrade prospect standard from Ed Roman's guitars out here in Las Vegas. Wondering if anybody else out there owns one? I'll have to put up some pics when I get a new digital camera. Hope to hear from some of you and keep on rocking with the best guitars on the market The Heritage!

Thanks for the welcome and the pics of the Blues Deluxe are up in the members gallery

There's a big LOVE on the HoC for the Prospects and the Blues Deluxe version. Maybe not so much for ER. But def for the Prospect and the Blues Deluxe. :icon_salut: That's a pretty one you got there, too. Welcome.

Hello HOC, my friend recently turned me on to this site. I only have one Heritage, a 1996 Cherry 575 that I've had for 12 years, but she is a beaut. My friend owns several Heritages and I get to go play with those on occasion, which is always a pleasure. Because I never seem to have enough money, I don't have a lot of gear. I have a Parker P-44 and a Crate 50w 112 tube amp, and that's about it. I don't know what else to say really. If you want to see pics of my 575, I have it posted in the for sale and trade section. Happy playing everyone from upstate NY!

Hi, my name is Mark, 49 years old and getting younger. I am new in the community but a friendly and sincere "hello" to every one here. My one Heritage I own at the moment is an H555 in blonde, I have taken the original pick ups off and replaced with Seymour Duncan 59's, the sound is far better. I have also replaced all the other hardware with nickel, a more traditional bridge and stop piece and I have removed the gold plate from the machine heads to take them back to nickel, and I feel the guitar looks better for it. However, that's my personal viewpoint and when I can work out how, I shall post a picture. Because of the alterations I have had done to this guitar, it's probably the only one of it's type in the UK. It really does look classy, but more importantly, sounds superb. Without checking the date, I believe it to be about fourteen or fifteen years old, I bought it four years ago here in England for £800 including the orriginal Heritage case, it is in immaculate condition and mellowing beautifully. I also enjoy playing my friend's 575 which is also a beautiful guitar.

Best wishes to all,

Mark.

Cheers'

dave the brit

Hi Dave,

I am also a newbie here and also from England, Huddersfield to be precise. I bought my Heritage H555 about four years back, and finding them here in the UK is not at all easy. Jay Wolfe Guitars, who I believe to be in Florida are really good on exporting, but watch out for guitars on e bay, they are worth getting. I personally do not like the Schaller hardware, and have had everything replaced with nickel and the pick ups are now Seymour Duncan 59's which have a fabulous classic sound to them, everything from jazz, blues, rock, it does the lot unless you play in a shadows tribute band.... UK dealers tend not to stock Heritage because they just can't move them on, the Gibson brand has a lot of 'pull' for uk players, especially the younger guys who want to buy into the name. Usually a Heritage buyer knows what a Heritage is and specifically sets out to find one, mine took the best part of a year to find. If you want a new one, I would suggest bringing one in from the USA, maybe waiting till the £ gets a bit stronger against the $. If you are less choosy, a good used one from the states is also a good bet, but watch the import duty doesn't catch you out with the current exchange rate and negate any saving you might make by importing. As for a used one, just now I would expect a 535 to sell over here for about £900, I think that anyone asking more is perhaps optimistic in their expectations.

Best,

Mark.